logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline edStueart  
#151 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:07:41 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Theophilus wrote:
Ed, I’m trying to understand how applying your military philosophy would’ve looked in WW-II.

[snip]

I remain unclear as to how the doctrine you propose would’ve worked out and if subduing the Axis via unconditional surrenders was indeed worse than keeping them around with whatever gains their power allowed them to retain.

Fair enough, Brother. I have not yet stated what my geo-political-military doctrine is! I am (possibly the only) member of the Crypto-Libertarian-Messianic-Party. (Crypto-Libertarian: Basically a libertarian, but nobody know what the ____ I am talking about!)

Be warned: Attempting to make sense out of my political and military philosophy usually causes a full-on helmet fire!

As stated earlier, I believe that we should apply the doctrines given to Moshe on Sinai for self-defense personally and nationally. If someone breaks into your house at night, you may use deadly force to defend yourself, your family and your possessions. It would be sinful to mount a counterattack that goes and kills all of the bad guy's family, livestock and burns his house to the ground.

I feel that the same self-defense principle can be applied to nation-states on the off chance that they are seeking to behave in a manner that pleases YHWH.

How would this principle be applied in 1937-1941?

1) FDR's military build up should have had a much more defensive complexion than it did. (More P-40's, PBY's and PT boats. No B-17's or battleships)

2) If General and Madame Chang want to hire gringo's as 'consultants' (like the AVG), let them! (Do not spend our tax dollars in a half-hearted defense of some other country.)

3) If the oil-fields in the Dutch East Indies are being threatened, then Shell Oil can hire 'consultants' to protect them. (Do not spend our tax dollars nor send some draftee from Iowa to die for them.)

4) America was (at that time) a nation of well-armed individuals. Had the Axis attempted to invade, the Germans would not have made it past 57th Street and the Imperial Japanese Army would not have gotten past Burbank. (How do we know this? This was one reason why Switzerland never attacked, even when she was surrounded by Fascist and Occupied countries.)

What I am trying to say is that "You can defend and protect yourself and your property, but you cannot invade/bomb other countries"

Getting back to the doctrine of self-defense, on a personal level: Torah allows for the use of deadly force against a robber in your house at night. This is undeniable. Yeshua, on the other hand is always on about 'mercy' and 'compassion'. Bearing in mind that hypothetical questions only give you hypothetical answers: If I caught a bad guy stealing my television, and my family was in no danger, I would like to think that I would just run him off, rather than end his life, even though my state's laws and Torah allow for the use of deadly force. (I might 'accidently' put a bullet hole in the television, but that would be more of an editorial comment than anything else. ;-) That is what I would want my Savior to see me doing.

If I saw this same bad guy then attempting to break in to my neighbor's house, I still do not think the best thing to do would be to shoot him. My neighbor would not want someone shot and killed in his house just because he was trying to steal a VCR. That would be too great a burden for my neighbor. (I might 'accidently' put a bullet hole in the neighbor's INCREDIBLY LOUD SWIMMING POOL PUMP THAT RUNS ALL NIGHT, but that too, would be more of an editorial comment than anything else.)

Back to geo-politics: Our two longest wars (WW2 and Iraq/Afghanistan) could have been avoided if the OSS and CIA could have paid a well placed colonel to put a knife between Adolf and Sadamm's ribs early on. I even think that I could stand before my Creator and not be condemned for an act such as that. I hope that General Tibbets and his grandson, Colonel Paul W. Tibbets IV have asked forgiveness for the killings of civilians they committed in Japan and Iraq.

These are only my opinions, and are worth exactly what you just paid for them: NOTHING!
(and I am likely to amend them at anytime!)

It would be fun if we could have a YY meet up and kick around these ideas.
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline bitnet  
#152 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 12:32:09 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

ed, how do I sign up for membership in your CLiMP Club? There's much we can shoot the breeze about together with Theo. I do not have a service record but share several of your thoughts about self-defence at a personal level. It's just that when things take on a weirdness and reaches heights of distortion compelling people to blow up themselves amidst their enemy just out of spite, trying to determine what would be considered "sufficient" self-defence action then would be most trying.

Erm, PBYs, PT boats and suchlike would hardly make a dent on the big Japanese cruisers and destroyers, let alone their two biggest battleships. Fortunately nobody wants to build such humongous ships today because WWII showed that they could be taken out of action by planes and subs. But that's moot now. For national defence, I actually want to find out what King Dawid did back in the day when he was surrounded by hordes of enemies.

There is too little information about how he kept the peace within despite having such a cosmopolitan society, kept the enemy away and did not create an empire despite being the superpower back then. As we know, Shlomo certainly enjoyed the fruits of his father's defenses! Despite being the second most written-about man in Scripture, little is mentioned about his military strategies other than depending on Yahweh. Perhaps that's the biggest clue!

So, wanna come over to Thailand for a holiday during Sukah? I'll be in Phuket.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline edStueart  
#153 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 6:33:12 AM(UTC)
edStueart

bitnet wrote:
ed, how do I sign up for membership in your CLiMP Club?

CLiMP , I love it!
Offline Yada  
#154 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:29:50 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Yada attached the following image(s):
art.cleric.cnn.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline In His Name  
#155 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:17:06 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
NYC forced to honor Islam Sept. 11?
Resolution backed by CAIR urges closing schools on Muslim holidays
Posted: July 02, 2009
11:59 am Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Will the New York City school system be compelled to commemorate Islam on Sept. 11?

It has been widely reported the New York City Council passed a resolution Tuesday recommending the school system shut down to commemorate two of the most important Muslim holidays, however the reports did not note the holidays fall on Sept. 11 in some years.

Speechless again...
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline In His Name  
#156 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:21:57 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Quote:
CoE school bans girl from wearing crucifix - but allows Sikh pupils to wear bangles

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:49 PM on 01st July 2009

A school told a child to remove a Christian cross she was wearing even though it lets Sikh children wear bangles as part of their religion.

Lauren Grimshaw-Brown was told to take off a necklace with a cross on it because of health and safety fears.

But the eight-year-old's furious mother has accused the school of double standards because they allow children following other faiths to wear jewellery on religious grounds.

The mother-of-two says Lauren and brother Callan, five, have always worn crosses at St Peter's CE School in Chorley, Lancashire.

This sounds like a Catholic school. Wouldn't that be private?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#157 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:58:33 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

its a CofE school - Church of England - Anglican - Protestant :) Nice and wet. lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Yada  
#158 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:33:38 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:
art.hussein.afp.gi.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Matthew  
#159 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:26:03 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
From CNN:

Quote:
Taliban issues new rule book

The Taliban has issued a new military "code of conduct" calling for restrictions on suicide attacks and a reduction in civilian casualties. Dismissed by the U.S. and Afghan officials as hypocritical propaganda, the document also outlaws smoking and sleeping in the same rooms as adolescent boys. full story

What you guys think?
Offline Matthew  
#160 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:17:29 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From CNN:

Quote:
Kidnapped boys 'brainwashed' to die as suicide bombers

Story Highlights
Boys rescued from the Taliban in Pakistan are receiving psychiatric help
They are abducted from their homes and are being trained for suicide missions
Psychiatrist says they have been brainwashed; fixing that will take time
Army hopes the boys can one day return to their homes

Offline edStueart  
#161 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:52:44 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Jihadis thrice attacked Pakistan nuclear sites
Quote:
Pakistan's nuclear facilities have already been attacked at least thrice by its home-grown extremists and terrorists in little reported incidents over the last two years, even as the world remains divided over the safety and security of the nuclear weapons in the troubled country, according to western analysts.
Offline Yada  
#162 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:08:19 PM(UTC)
Yada

From the Religion News Service:
Quote:

August 12, 2009

NEWS STORY

Muslims press public schools on Islamic holidays
By Omar Sacirbey

(UNDATED) Calculus and chemistry are among the pressures awaiting Mesuka Akter, a senior this year at Long Island City High School in New York City.

But unlike past school years, Akter, a Muslim, will not have to choose between missing school and missing the two holiest days on the Islamic calendar. full story
Offline Matthew  
#163 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2009 4:20:00 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Quote:
Deadly gun battle in Gaza mosque

At least 13 people have been killed and at least 85 injured in a fierce gun battle in Gaza, emergency services say.

Eyewitnesses say hundreds of Hamas fighters and policemen surrounded a mosque where followers of a radical Islamist cleric were holed up.

Hamas fired rocket-propelled grenades at the mosque and stormed the leader's house in Rafah, near the Egypt border.

It is thought that at least 100 supporters of the al-Qaeda-linked group, Jund Ansar Allah, were inside...

Later in the article it says:

Quote:
The group is very critical of Hamas, which seized Gaza in 2007, accusing the Islamist group of not being Islamist enough.

Here we have Hamas firing "rocket-propelled grenades" towards followers of a "radical" Islamist. This article is written in such a way that it diverts a person's attention away from Hamas and towards those inside the mosque who are linked to al-Qaeda. It tries to make Hamas look peaceful, as if their governance is legitimate. Let's hope the world take notice that Islam is not peaceful and still not be peaceful even if they gained world dominance. Let's hope the world also take notice of what this group implied when they said Hamas was "not being Islamist enough," which basically means that for one to be a good Muslim, a real Islamic follower, then one needs to follow the example of al-Qaeda terrorists."
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#164 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2009 8:40:33 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I love the "not Islamic enough" No one is going to explain that one lol
Offline Yada  
#165 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:39:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:
art.kidscamp.cnn.jpg
Offline EI  
#166 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:57:13 AM(UTC)
EI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGvZWqDn1Zk

Dont know if any of you have seen this
Offline Matthew  
#167 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:38:33 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

It's a pity that Australian society is quickly becoming influenced by Humanism because the reporters seemed to be more concerned about him having more than one wife rather than him claiming benefits illegally, though they did eventually get around to that point. I wish they had the balls to investigate Islam, because it's the root of that man's life, which teaches him to to lie in order to gain benefits and also to become aggressive when questioned.

I wonder how many Muslims in the UK claim benefits because they're too lazy to work and provide for their huge families?
Offline Yada  
#168 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:05:57 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

art.kandahar.afp.gi.jpg
Offline edStueart  
#169 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 2:44:56 AM(UTC)
edStueart

UserPostedImage

Hey, the fourth one in line is a dude!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#170 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 4:38:04 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

haha Ed - does anyone know if there is actually a difference between the full black and the kinda blueish? Or is it just a fashion thing?
Offline Yada  
#171 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 1:54:03 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

art.iraqbombing.gi.jpg
Offline edStueart  
#172 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:32:01 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Robskiwarrior wrote:
haha Ed - does anyone know if there is actually a difference between the full black and the kinda blueish? Or is it just a fashion thing?

I think it is a fashion thang.
Offline Matthew  
#173 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 2:30:36 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Quote:
Malaysia delays caning beer woman
Monday, 24 August 2009

The caning of a Malaysian woman for drinking beer has been delayed until after Ramadan, officials have said.
Offline Yada  
#174 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 4:09:40 AM(UTC)
Yada

Hi Matthew - I just read that story. Here's the opening paragraph:

Quote:
(CNN) -- A Malaysian model, who was set to become the first woman to be caned in the southeast Asian country for drinking beer in public, had her sentence postponed Monday until the end of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
art.malaysian.woman.beer.afp.jpg
Offline bitnet  
#175 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 6:39:29 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Actually she is a mother of two who simply said that she is a model because that's what models do... drink beer. Sigh! Anyway, this incident is now amplified internationally to the extent that it is becoming an embarrassment in a plural society such as Malaysia, and yet the ruling party has to be seen as supporting Islam as the national religion. In a Catch 22 situation they do what governments do... follow the people and the money. So the Malaysian government has now -- wait for it -- empowered all mosque officials to perform citizens arrests of people violating the alcohol law. This may eventually be extended to other syariah matters and perhaps that's when the mass migration starts. Imagine if Spain allows priests, deacons, and other clergy to take matters into their own hands and act on behalf of the Catholic Church! Oh, wait a minute... that had already happened. If I recall, it was named The Spanish Inquisition even though almost all Catholic countries practised it! Well, there you have it, folks... you know where we are headed!
Offline Yada  
#176 Posted : Monday, September 7, 2009 6:05:18 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#177 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:29:54 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

For background, again from CNN:

art.muhammad.gi.jpg
Offline JamesH  
#178 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:18:56 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
http://www.atimes.com/at...South_Asia/KI25Df02.html

Obama makes a plea for Pakistan
Insurgency is spilling into Pakistan from the war in Afghanistan and experts fear a full-scale terror campaign that engulfs the whole country. In this scenario, American resources would be insufficient, so President Barack Obama is using this week's UN meeting to drum up international support. It's a tough sell, and the US could find itself increasingly alone in Islamabad.
Offline bitnet  
#179 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 4:27:21 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Another wonderful milestone in the fight against a tactic. Obama is still ignorant or belligerent about the facts. That will be end of him and his ilk.
Offline Theophilus  
#180 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 6:33:43 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I saw a series of similar stories in the news much like the apparently foiled attacks in NYC.

From Dallas:
http://www.dallasnews.co...ombarrest.1b177db8b.html

From Illinois:
http://www.reuters.com/a...ws/idUSN2447383520090924

From North Carolina:
http://www.reuters.com/a...ws/idUSTRE58N6YT20090924

What motive these suspects have in common? Surprisingly it begins with an "I" and ends in a "slam".
Offline Matthew  
#181 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 7:09:42 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC News:

Quote:
Iran tests longest range missiles

Iran has successfully test-fired some of the longest range missiles in its arsenal, state media say.

The Revolutionary Guards tested the Shahab-3 and Sajjil rockets, which are believed to have ranges of up to 2,000km (1,240 miles), reports said.

The missiles' range could potentially permit them to reach Israel and US bases in the Gulf, analysts say.

The tests come amid heightened tension with the big international powers over Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Last week, Iran disclosed it was building a second uranium enrichment plant, despite UN demands that it cease its enrichment activities.

And boys, I give you the "Religion of Peace!"
Offline Matthew  
#182 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:26:36 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Quote:
One in four is Muslim, study says

A report from an American think-tank has estimated 1.57 billion Muslims populate the world - with 60% in Asia.

The report, by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, took three years to compile, with census data from 232 countries and territories.

Their results showed:

Quote:
MUSLIM POPULATION BY REGION
Asia and the Pacific: 61.9%
Middle East - North Africa: 20.1%
Sub-Saharan Africa: 15.3%
Europe: 2.4%
Americas: 0.3%

UserPostedImage
Offline JamesH  
#183 Posted : Monday, October 19, 2009 1:41:30 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Arutz Sheva Posts Censored "Fitna" Movie Explaining Islam http://www.israelnationa...m/News/News.aspx/125728#
Offline Matthew  
#184 Posted : Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:30:52 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Quote:
Attack shuts all Pakistan schools

All schools and universities have been closed across Pakistan a day after suicide bombers attacked an Islamic university in the capital, Islamabad.

Four people died and at least 18 were wounded in the twin blasts at the International Islamic University.

The Taliban claimed the attack and said there would be more violence unless the army ended its offensive in the tribal areas of South Waziristan.

Crazy, isn't it?

Offline Matthew  
#185 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:19:29 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Quote:
Bear kills militants in Kashmir

A bear killed two militants after discovering them in its den in Indian-administered Kashmir, police say.
Offline Swalchy  
#186 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:23:15 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Divine justice? lol
Offline kp  
#187 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:58:48 AM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
Divine justice?

No. Cave envy. :-)
Offline RidesWithYah  
#188 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:35:28 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Published: 07/06/09, 2:22 PM / Last Update: 07/07/09, 2:07 PM
Muslim and US Superheroes Team Up in New Comics Series

by Yehudah Lev Kay

(IsraelNN.com) U.S. super comic-heroes such as Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman will appear together with the Muslim superheros known as The 99 in a new comic series to be released within a year. The initiative is a collaborative effort of DC Comics and Kuwait-based Teshkeel comics.

The 99 series was started in 2006 by Naif Al-Mutawa, who wanted to portray Islam in a more tolerant light. It features 99 different superheros based on Muslim figures and values, but they are not overtly religious so that the comics can be read by people of all faiths.

Mutawa says he’s not sure how the new storyline between the Western and Muslim superheroes will develop. “Are we going to have them working together from day one?” he asks. “Or will they think the other is the enemy? There are plenty of possibilities.”

DC Comics president Paul Levitz looked forward to the new venture. “It is a long-standing tradition for characters to meet other in the fictional world,” he said. “This is a nice step forward.”

The 99, created by writers who have worked previously at DC or Marvel Comics, sells around one million copies a year. It has also spawned an animation series and an amusement park.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#189 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 11:14:36 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

RidesWithYah wrote:
Published: 07/06/09, 2:22 PM / Last Update: 07/07/09, 2:07 PM
Muslim and US Superheroes Team Up in New Comics Series

by Yehudah Lev Kay

(IsraelNN.com) U.S. super comic-heroes such as Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman will appear together with the Muslim superheros known as The 99 in a new comic series to be released within a year. The initiative is a collaborative effort of DC Comics and Kuwait-based Teshkeel comics.

The 99 series was started in 2006 by Naif Al-Mutawa, who wanted to portray Islam in a more tolerant light. It features 99 different superheros based on Muslim figures and values, but they are not overtly religious so that the comics can be read by people of all faiths.

Mutawa says he’s not sure how the new storyline between the Western and Muslim superheroes will develop. “Are we going to have them working together from day one?” he asks. “Or will they think the other is the enemy? There are plenty of possibilities.”

DC Comics president Paul Levitz looked forward to the new venture. “It is a long-standing tradition for characters to meet other in the fictional world,” he said. “This is a nice step forward.”

The 99, created by writers who have worked previously at DC or Marvel Comics, sells around one million copies a year. It has also spawned an animation series and an amusement park.

HAHA I could make 99 Islam themed chara's LOL - Starting with, BOMB BOY!
Offline Matthew  
#190 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:08:58 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Instead of Peter Pan they could have Pedo Pan!
Offline edStueart  
#191 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:01:16 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Robskiwarrior wrote:
I could make 99 Islam themed chara's LOL - Starting with, BOMB BOY!

Sabra could kick his butt any day of the week.

(except Saturday)
Offline Matthew  
#192 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:50:50 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

edStueart wrote:
Sabra could kick his butt any day of the week.

(except Saturday)

LOL, I didn't know this Sabra comic hero existed until now, it's a perfect character against anything Islam.

How about this for an Islamic comic hero, The Abrogator?!
Offline Matthew  
#193 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 10:40:35 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I can only imagine the remake of Hollywood films, they'll rewrite some of the classic phrases, we'll end up seeing phrases like "I'll be-head you!"

Or what about: Pedo Pan and Al-Buraq, the Flying Jackass!

Offline Matthew  
#194 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2009 12:19:32 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Quote:
Swiss Muslims open mosque doors

Muslims in many parts of Switzerland have invited the public into mosques - three weeks before a vote on whether to ban the construction of minarets.

Muslim organisations say they hope their open day will counter what they say are fears and prejudices.

The conservative group that initiated the vote - the largest party in the Swiss parliament - says minarets are a symbol of Muslim political power.

Opinion polls suggest the proposed ban will be rejected by voters.

Cyn, it's time to react, I dare you to go hand out copies of POD in front of a mosque, or at least a banner with the POD website address! ;)
Offline Matthew  
#195 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:04:50 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From CNN:

Quote:
Sniper John Allen Muhammad executed

Jarratt, Virginia (CNN) -- Washington-area sniper John Allen Muhammad was executed Tuesday by lethal injection, a Virginia prisons spokesman said.

The mastermind behind the Washington-area sniper attacks of 2002 that terrorized the nation's capital was declared dead at 9:11 p.m. ET, said Larry Traylor, director of communications for the Virginia Department of Corrections.

From Wiki, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Muhammad:

Quote:
Born John Allen Williams, Muhammad joined the Nation of Islam in 1987 and later changed his surname to Muhammad. Drawings by Malvo describe the murders as part of a "jihad" (Arabic for "struggle in the way of God").

and
Quote:
After his arrest, authorities also claimed that Muhammad admitted that he admired and modeled himself after Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda, and approved of the September 11 attacks.

Offline Matthew  
#196 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 4:03:05 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC:

Here's an account of a young boy who was kidnapped by the Taliban and brainwashed to become a suicide bomber!

Quote:
'I agreed to become a suicide bomber'

A 14-year-old boy in the tribal region of Bajaur, in north-west Pakistan, says he was detained by Taliban forces who tried to turn him into a suicide bomber. The boy is now in army hands.

He provided a detailed account to BBC correspondent Orla Guerin. His story cannot be independently verified.

"There were five people who came after me from a place in Bajaur. They tricked me. They told me they were going to behead my father.
I went with them but my father wasn't there. They tied me up.

They said: 'You have two choices. We will behead you, or you will become a suicide bomber.' I refused...

Offline Matthew  
#197 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:56:35 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Associated Press on Yahoo!:

Quote:
TV ad seeks to recruit Arab-Americans to CIA

..It's part of an ambitious outreach effort to communities the CIA deems critical to reducing the threat of terrorism in the U.S. The agency has a five-year plan to boost fluency in Arabic and other languages.

But resistance could come from U.S. Arabs who have felt the sting of suspicion since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Many Arabs and Muslims have been dubious of the government's intelligence gathering and believe spying is going on in mosques and other places...

So, the CIA realise that the Arabs are feeling uneasy about having to possibly spy in mosques but yet they still want to employ them. So let's say an American-Arab supports Islam being established through terror and then he hears along the grapevine about a few ships containing nukes heading for US cities. What will he do? What call will he make? Do you think he'll let it slide and not bother to report his top-secret information or do you think he'll inform his bosses in order to stop them? I think he'll let it slide, while at the same time moving far inland.

Just a few days after the Fort Hood shooting the CIA are keen to enlist American Arabs!
Offline Yada  
#198 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:45:14 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline edStueart  
#199 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:55:26 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Yada wrote:
Survey: Two-thirds of Protestant pastors consider Islam ‘dangerous”

The real point of concern is that "One third of Protestant pastors don't consider Islam 'dangerous'"!
Offline Mike  
#200 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 7:27:31 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Well another Ashura day has come and gone on December 27, 2009.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad..../ashoura-respect-it.html

1Ki 18:22 And Ěliyahu said to the people, “I alone am left a prophet of יהוה, but the prophets of Baal are four hundred and fifty men.
1Ki 18:23 “Now let them give us two bulls. And let them choose one bull for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on the wood, but set no fire. And I, I prepare the other bull, and shall lay it on the wood, but set no fire.
1Ki 18:24 “And you shall call on the name of your mighty one, and I, I call on the Name of יהוה. And the Elohim who answers by fire, He is Elohim.” So all the people answered and said, “The word is good.”
1Ki 18:25 And Ěliyahu said to the prophets of Baal, “Choose one bull for yourselves and prepare it first, for you are many. And call on the name of your mighty one, but set no fire.”
1Ki 18:26 So they took the bull which was given them, and prepared it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, “O Baal, answer us!” But there was no voice and no one answered. And they leaped about the altar which they had made.
1Ki 18:27 And it came to be at noon, that Ěliyahu taunted them and said, “Cry aloud, for he is a mighty one; he is meditating, or he is busy, or he is on a journey, or it could be that he is asleep and has to be awakened!”
1Ki 18:28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves, according to their ruling, with knives and spears, until the blood gushed out on them.
1Ki 18:29 And it came to be when midday was past, that they prophesied until the time of bringing the evening offering. But there was no voice and no one answered, and no one paying attention.