logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:53:17 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hebrews 4:1-11 (NIV):
Quote:
1Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith. 3Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,
"So I declared on oath in my anger,
'They shall never enter my rest.' " And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world. 4For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all his work." 5And again in the passage above he says, "They shall never enter my rest."
6It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience. 7Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before:
"Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts." 8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

Has God entered His rest or not? Is the 7th day, as mentioned in Genesis 2:2 prophetic of us entering that day of rest together? It seems to say that God has already rested, but then it indicates in verse 4 that we can still enter His rest.

Genesis 2:2-3 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done." What does it mean by "all the work of creating" because from my perspective the universe is still being created, in terms of new stars and galaxies being born and the universe is still expanding as we speak. I can only think that God has already produced all the physical matter present in the universe, meaning it is complete, in the the matter only changes and takes on new forms now.

I can also just take the word rest to also mean receiving salvation, in terms of both receiving salvation (not being under the law) and then later receiving immortal bodies, entering our final rest from our works of the flesh.

Excuse me for the ramble, it's late here and I'm getting tired :)
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:03:09 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have to remember that Yahuweh is timeless, that is, outside of time. So, what has yet to happen for us has already happened, is happening, will happen for him. It just is. So, the answer to your questiong is "yes, but..." He has taken is rest because he has always been there.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:22:46 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Blessings everyone,

Plus think the fact that he said at the end of the sixth day that everything he had made was good was a good indicator that it ended after out end-times. Being timeless he always knew about the fall, and therefore would not have declared us good. The fact I think that we as people are still in a transitional creation period is also a good indicator the WE exist in the sixth day. Remember the point of creation was to create his family.

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.