logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Garrett  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:24:47 PM(UTC)
Garrett

I just read this verse..... though I had read it before, I am particularly concerned as I read it again and think back.

"For if we sin puposely after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a slaughter offering for sin"(Hebrews 10:26 ISR)

Thats scary. I know I have sinned wilfully or puposely since I came to know the truth. I deeply regret it now, but what can I do? I know that I have also had sinful thoughts that I don't even realize I am having until I catch myself.

Any thoughts?

It is the glory of Elohim (God) to conceal a matter, but the honour of melekim (kings) to search it out.
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:28:58 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think this is touched upon somewhere in the forum or maybe in one of the books, but what I think by "purposely" it means that you are willfully defying Yahuweh in such a manner that you are telling him you do not care. We all sin, and Yahuweh knows this, it is a matter of do we regret that sin? Do we wish we would not have done it? If you do something in the moment, give in to temptation or whatever, I do not think that is "purposely." Now, if you plan it out with the express purpose of doing it knowing full well that it is against Yahuweh's will but you do not care, and then after you do it you do not have any regret. . . I think that is "purposely." But, I do not know. What I do know is that Yahuweh is a merciful and forgiving father and he will forgive his children just as any loving father will. All you have to do is ask. Once you ask for his forgiveness, we are told that he forgets it, it is as if the sin never happened. So, if it never happened, then what "purpose" is there in it?

I hope that was helpful. I'm sure someone else can add more, maybe some Scripture to back me up.
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:05:57 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Icy's explanation is good!

But I can see a pattern Garrett, you seemed very concerned over your sin, which is a good thing ;) I'm referring you to read a very similar thread, Question for KP regarding Blasphemy of the Ruach, you started where KP answers your question, his second posting on that thread is also very good :)

Feel free to copy and paste his response to this thread.

PS: I often revisit that posting of KP's, one day it will eventually settle in my mind and heart. Until then, I will have to read and reread stuff, I will have to do FH, TOM and YY again soon :)

Anyway, I like Ecclesiastes 7:20 "For there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and does not sin."
Offline shalom82  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 3:09:43 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Shalom Garrett,
I think that our other brothers pretty much have it down pat. Matthew and Icy both make good points when they talk about concern and regret over sin as good things. We all sin (even after acceptance of propitiation). The Besorim and Letters recognize and concede that fact. It is not about the sin but the attitude and the direction your life is taking. You may have road rage after the recognition of sin and acceptance of grace, but how do you feel afterwards, does it become less and less of a problem or occurance after you have died in Messiah? It's about the long haul. Did you strive to walk on the righteous path (of Torah)...and correct your course with the utmost gravity and speed when you do wander off? When I was awakened to my own sinful actions and attitudes that I had never even flinched at, behaviors that I relished all of the sudden became a stench and I was sorrowful for ever having accepted them as normal or natural or good or inconsequential. I have perhaps tired out this phrase a bit, but I will say it again. It is not the sin but the spirit of sin. If you can enjoy, accept, and justify sin after knowledge of what YHWH has done for you through His annointed implement, Yahushua, then their remains no slaughter offering. Perhaps the most obvious reason why there is no slaughter offering is because you can't even recognize that you need one.

Yibarakhekha YHWH,

Shalom82
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.