logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline visitor  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:23:49 AM(UTC)
visitor

I was reading in the "Skia" chapter of Yada Yahweh and found this quote:

Quote:
As an interesting note, related to this verse, Yahushua's name, spelled as it is above, is found 77 times in the Tanach. Yahuweh's name appears exactly 7,000 times (6,832 times in the Masoretic plus the 132 occasions the Dead Sea Scrolls prove that it was removed by the rabbis). Yahuweh's favorite numbers are seven and three. There are three sevens in 7,077.

Is my math wrong or does 6,832 plus 132 equal 6,964? Where do the missing 36 times come from? Is this explained someplace else?

Thanks for your help.
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:30:21 AM(UTC)
Yada

I just found this in "Future History:"

Quote:
...yet we in our ignorance have done something even worse 7,000 times in our English Bibles. We have substituted it with a word with an entirely different meaning—6,868 times rendering Yahweh as “the Lord” and another 132 times substituting adonay (which means “lord”) for Yahweh in the actual Hebrew text.

You can find the complete chapter here.

Edited by user Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:42:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline BiynaYahu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:41:35 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Shalowm, and wisdom from our daddy YAH,

Yeah, it looks like it's just a mistype on Yada's part. Things happen, and non of us are perfect. I just hope that together as a body we will be able to correct these things so that the unbelievers won't use it against us, or Yada for that matter.

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:50:08 AM(UTC)
kp

Yeah. Actually, I got the 6,868 number from Yada, who had patiently counted them all up. The 132 number came from a Messianic Jewish scholar whose name escapes me. The 7,000 total is provocative, but it proves nothing in itself. The main thing we need to realize is that Yahweh told us His name a whole bunch of times, and it is a crime to systematically sabotage scripture by editing it out.

kp