logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2010 12:27:08 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Welcome to the Forum Matt (Prodigal) and Sevensup.
Offline Theophilus  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:36:54 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Hello and welcome to the forum Matt [Prodigal].

It sounds like we share a similar path to this forum and also found the audio versions of PoD, FH and thiose portions of YY are available to be very useful.

As far as resources then, you may find the Blog Talk Radio (BTR) Yada Yahweh shows and archives to be valuable. If you're not currently listening, the program ended the Great Galatians Debate maybe a month ago and began YY from the begining. It's currently skipped ahead to the Spring Miqra'ey and should complete these close to their calculated dates. I beleieve the plan after is to resume with the YY chapters picking up where it left of in Chay - Life and continuing through the whole book.

-Theophilus
Offline Theophilus  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 4:43:07 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Hello and thanks for taking the plunge of posting to the forum Seven-Up. I sense that there are many more guests who visit and don't post than those who do. It's great to be able to ask questions to so many other's who've read and been moved by these books.

I think you also share the same plight as many others here to include myself and even Yada in having a spouse who has not made the same connections and remains more comfortable in their religious traditions. I love my lady, but realize that our convicitions will likely remain different for some time.

My best wishes to you and hope that you'll feel free to comment or question as you will.

-Theophilus
Offline Steve in PA  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:16:45 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello-

Just wanted to say hi. A student of my wife's (she teaches guitar at a local music school) suggested we both check out the site
yadayahweh.com. I dove right into Yada Yahweh and read the first few chapters. I also read a few chapters that were linked as answers to blurbs on the main page.
So, I've basically read the tip of the iceberg. Just the tip has helped resolve some conflicts I've had for years. I will continue to read through the books linked there.

Yahweh has been making Himself known to me for many years. Thank God that He is faithful to finish the work that He started in me.

I registered so I can comment/ask questions on other threads. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you all as well I'm sure I will be sharing more about myself in the future.

Steve

ps. forum points? If I get like 5000 points do I get to trade them in for a Yada Yahweh hoodie or something?
Offline Prodigal  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:31:44 PM(UTC)
Prodigal

Welcome eh steve! I love Homestar Runner. Haven't been there in years. That brought a much needed smile to my face.

Hallelu Yah!
Offline Steve in PA  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:43:44 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Glad to have brought a smile with my first post. You inspired me to add an avatar and link my favorite bit from that site in my sig.
Offline James  
#57 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 3:00:48 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
eh steve wrote:
Hello-

Just wanted to say hi. A student of my wife's (she teaches guitar at a local music school) suggested we both check out the site
yadayahweh.com. I dove right into Yada Yahweh and read the first few chapters. I also read a few chapters that were linked as answers to blurbs on the main page.
So, I've basically read the tip of the iceberg. Just the tip has helped resolve some conflicts I've had for years. I will continue to read through the books linked there.

Yahweh has been making Himself known to me for many years. Thank God that He is faithful to finish the work that He started in me.

I registered so I can comment/ask questions on other threads. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you all as well I'm sure I will be sharing more about myself in the future.

Steve

ps. forum points? If I get like 5000 points do I get to trade them in for a Yada Yahweh hoodie or something?

Welcome to the family, hope you enjoy.

As for the points, we've all come to the conclusion that no one here know what they are for, including the mods and admins. I like your idea, free hoodies, shirts and print outs of the book.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline bitnet  
#58 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 5:51:36 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Welcome to the Forum, eh Steve, and hope you learn a lot here. Check everything out here and feel free to agree and disagree. Unlike the pope, none of us here are infallible! Ahem! Robski might disagree but that's just his opinion... As for the points, it's meant for the Drew Carey show called "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" where the points don't matter... like the pope's opinions on Salvation and the use of Yahweh's name.

I've been having serious difficulty with my Internet connection as my ISP has screwed up big time hence my absence from this forum for a while. I've had to buy wireless subscription from another SP just to be able to check my emails. Service has a cap of 1.5G traffic per month... stingy ISP. SIGH! Might be because they just launched some high speed broadband service which they are trying to flog off at a much higher price. Anyway, I'll check up with the Forum soon again as I really miss you guys!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Steve in PA  
#59 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 7:25:12 AM(UTC)
Steve in PA

In my first post I said, "I'm sure I will be sharing more about myself in the future".

I just wrote and sent a letter to an old friend. He was my boss at one time and also the pastor of a "church" that I attended for a few years. Although this letter is somewhat personal, I realize that it kind of captures me as a picture might, and I feel compelled to share that note here. Just for the simple fact that it will give a you all a glimpse of who I am, seeing that we are all pretty much strangers here until we share a little of ourselves.

I did edit out, the name of the "church" and the name of the business I worked at. Not so much for my privacy but more so to not identify my friend on an internet forum without his knowledge.

Quote:

Hello again my old friend...

Don-

Please take comfort in that I believe this will be my last unsolicited communication to you. That is in no way saying that I would not welcome any future fellowship in person or via online dialog. I'm just going to share some personal things in friendship, to fill you in on where I have been, where I am at now and where I am going.

Since leaving "name of a church" and my job there at business name, I can count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have gone to any organized religious service. I just do not have much faith in man and I will not entrust my spiritual growth to any "church". Yet, throughout these past twenty-some years, I have no doubt about and I trust in the core and foundation of my beliefs and redemption. Yahweh - The Father, I Am | Yahshua - The Messiah, The Redeemer, The Savior (Jesus). Yes, these proper names of God are somewhat new to me but I am coming to learn that God wants us to know and to use His real names.

These past few years I have been somewhat sidetracked and have placed to much focus on the corruption in the world (politics/religion/secular humanism). Although there is much there to learn and many valid things that I believe are good to know (to avoid being caught up in) it is not healthy and I am seeing that it has become a distraction from where my focus needs to be. That being on Him, learning and allowing Him to teach me resulting in His Spirit living moving and having His way, in my life. Which is where I am now. I have a renewed desire to learn and fully trust in Him.

Where I am going, with that as my focus, I believe it can only be on the path that leads to deeper friendship and a wonderful relationship with Him and His family.

I love you, brother.

Steve

Where I wrote to him that, "this will be my last unsolicited communication to you". That is in reference to the fact that I recently wrote him two other letters encouraging him to check out yadayahwey.com. I did that believing that there is some fresh vital information here that would benefit him. I have no intention of pestering him and I wanted him to know that I would not be doing that.
Offline Mike  
#60 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 8:45:11 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Welcome to the forum eh steve! I can relate to your statement.

Quote:
“These past few years I have been somewhat sidetracked and have placed to much focus on the corruption in the world (politics/religion/secular humanism). Although there is much there to learn and many valid things that I believe are good to know (to avoid being caught up in) it is not healthy and I am seeing that it has become a distraction from where my focus needs to be. That being on Him, learning and allowing Him to teach me resulting in His Spirit living moving and having His way, in my life. Which is where I am now. I have a renewed desire to learn and fully trust in Him.”

I am guilty of focusing too much on the world myself.

When Kepha (Peter) took his eyes off of Yahushua and focused on the storm instead of Yahushua then he sank like a … rock.

Mat 14:27 But immediately יהושע spoke to them, saying, “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid.”
Mat 14:28 And Kĕpha answered Him and said, “Master, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”
Mat 14:29 And He said, “Come.” And when Kĕpha had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to יהושע.
Mat 14:30 But when he saw that the wind was strong, he was afraid. And beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, “Master, save me!”
Mat 14:31 And immediately יהושע stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, “O you of little belief, why did you doubt?”
Mat 14:32 And when they came into the boat, the wind ceased.
Mat 14:33 And those in the boat came and did bow to Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of Elohim.”

Welcome back Bitnet, I’ve missed you too.
Offline ks77  
#61 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2010 2:46:46 AM(UTC)
ks77

Hey, just a bit of an introductory post and story. Sorry if its long. You don't have to read it :P

Bio: My names Paul, I'm 19, from Australia, and have been attending a baptist church since I was around 10 when I became interested in seeking God. My mum went to church, but as a kid I went through a stage of not caring/wanting to go, so I didn't.

A few months ago now I was worried I was losing my catholic friend to islam. She goes to a catholic school, though I don't think her immediate family are really interested in knowing Yahuweh since they believe in re-incarnation and I believe they just wanted to send her to a 'good' private school in hope of a better education. Which is great, I'm not thrilled that she's catholic but simply believing in God is a massive start and a turn on for me. However, her uncle, cousins etc that she spends a lot of time with are muslim.

Had I of known what I know now, maybe things would be different. We were talking and she said she has a hard time believing that Jesus is God because He's the son of God, and we're all sons of God. Or something. And that the 'oneness' of God to her makes more sense, and she was considering converting.* I didn't know anything about islam here, all I knew is it was very far off track. She was talking about Mohummad and the koran being like Jesus and the bible... I knew she was wrong, but being ignorant of islam I didn't know what to say. At that moment, I knew I had to learn everything I could about islam. She's only 15 and I'm sure everything she knows about it is what her family has told her; and everything she knows about Catholicism is what her school has taught her.

I went to www.christianforums.com and made a thread (http://www.christianforums.com/t7453324/ if anyone was interested in reading the replies) in hope of getting answers. A user called Under_Grace sent me a link to prophet of doom which ultimately frightened me that there are so many people that follow this 'religion', though I can't say the nature of the religion came as a shock. Growing up, no one told me what god they follow, but I knew from a young age it wasn't mine. Haha, I told her both religions worship different gods (that, I knew) and she's like "There's only one God paul, of course they do. Are you saying there's more??". She's so cute haha. They musn't teach the concept of false gods in a catholic school. And that not worshipping the right one is worshipping the wrong one. Anyway, prophet of doom gave me everything I needed to know about the qur'an, Mohummad and his actions. To that, I salute Yada.

Dreading another conversation about religion, I hoped the topic would never come up again but at the same time wished it would so she wouldn't be so lost. Eventually It did, and I told her I've been studying islam for hours a day weeks on end in case this happened again. Before I could say anything else, she said she wouldn't convert because she "likes being a catholic". As strange as it sounded I was just glad to hear it I guess. We talk about God all the time, though when she' talking about pictures/statues of mary crying blood I still don't know what to say. One thing that really scared me in the first conversation though was when she said she went to mosques with her uncle and prayed to allah.. I was freaking out, but she ever so confidently said "Allah is just the arabic word for God". Once again, if I knew what I knew now... (then again we may have got in a fight haha). I remember saying something like, Allah is not the Father *her name*. She replied with, "that's not a very Christian thing to say!" LOL! Keep in mind at the time I was ignorant, this has only became funny to me now, now that I've realised it IS a Christian thing to say. If she firmly believes she's praying to God when she's in a mosque, then maybe Yahuweh wouldn't blame her for that. She's still a child, and our Dad loves children. Though she might not get away with it when she's grown up Haha.

Maybe there was something in POD that cought my eye and interested me, because I had to go and check out what yadayaweh was about. Unfortuneately I still haven't read much of it, but what I have read (bits and pieces of chapters) is amazing. Great work all round! I sent Yada an email thanking him for POD, I was really excited to see a reply from him. He also told me to write back after reading YY to see what I thought of it. So far I don't think I've read enough to make that email yet, so as of right now I'm finding the motivation to read all of it lol. I love finding out about the past, what religions have done, scripture etc and I know once I start reading I won't be able to stop, but it's the starting that I fail to do easily... Ken's "future history" is in my bookmarks to read also :P

So that's my story of finding YY.

*= It's sad that some Christian ideas or teachings like the trinity turn people off from coming to know God, instead they go off in the other direction.
Offline kp  
#62 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2010 10:02:20 AM(UTC)
kp

Welcome, ks77. If nothing else, your free "reading list" through the YY sources is saving you a fortune in bookstores :-) Don't forget to look into The Owner's Manual. This in-depth look at the Torah will give you a good grasp on the foundation of our faith. You'll find that the "Law of Moses" has little in common with Judaism and everything to do with revealing the nature of Yahweh and His plan for our redemption.

kp
Offline ks77  
#63 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2010 9:28:06 PM(UTC)
ks77

kp wrote:
Welcome, ks77. If nothing else, your free "reading list" through the YY sources is saving you a fortune in bookstores :-) Don't forget to look into The Owner's Manual. This in-depth look at the Torah will give you a good grasp on the foundation of our faith. You'll find that the "Law of Moses" has little in common with Judaism and everything to do with revealing the nature of Yahweh and His plan for our redemption.

kp

Haha, it sure is! Thanks for not charging me for it by the way :P I've actually read the first chapter of The Owner's manual and really enjoyed it. It was good to learn a bit about Judaism too. Apart from not accepting Yahshua as the Messiah, I didn't really know anything about it. I like your writing style too, it's a bit similar to Yadas, and you both seem to have to the same sense of humor in your writings.

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2010 2:21:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline degner  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:34:38 AM(UTC)
degner

Hi everybody,

I'v been reading along for a while and finally decided to join the forum.
I hope to find answers for some tough questions here which conventional wisdom couldn't provide and which made me leave Christianity.

That's it for now,
degner
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:05:59 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome Degner :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline vet41  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:25:14 PM(UTC)
vet41
Man

Hello everyone, my Name is Ernest and I live in California. I have been part of different religions over my 41 years from Catholic to Jehovah's Witness. I was truly lost until one day I prayed and asked for guidance. I came across an article about the true name of g-d. I read it and it opened my eyes. Now I happy I have found Yahweh.

I came across this forum by accident and I happy of what I read. One of the things that I have a hard time is finding people that don't believe in the trinity. It appears that is not the case hear and I am glad. Thanks
Offline Theophilus  
#67 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:49:02 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

vet41 wrote:
Hello everyone, my Name is Ernest and I live in California. I have been part of different religions over my 41 years from Catholic to Jehovah's Witness. I was truly lost until one day I prayed and asked for guidance. I came across an article about the true name of g-d. I read it and it opened my eyes. Now I happy I have found Yahweh.

I came across this forum by accident and I happy of what I read. One of the things that I have a hard time is finding people that don't believe in the trinity. It appears that is not the case hear and I am glad. Thanks

Hello and welcome Ernest. Arguments over the nature of God the Father in relation to the Son and set-apart Spirit have been ongoing for centuries in part because it is difficult to accurately convey just what the Scriptures say on the subject. Have you come across the illustration Yada and KP use in their writings of the sea and two buckets one frozen and shaped as a man to be solidly touched the water in the other boiled to steam to do work? That works as well as any I've encountered- but still have difficulty communicating this clearly to others.

-Theophilus
Offline Royce  
#68 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2010 6:05:26 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Hey folks, Just joined here a couple days ago after seeing the forum on the YY site. A friend I met on Facebook actually told me of the place. My name is Royce and I live in north Mississippi. I grew up with my parents following what use to be the World Wide Church of God led by a man named Herbert Armstrong. We didnt celebrate any of the typical holidays that most people that clam to be following christ do (chrstmas,easter etc...) but we moved from Texas when I was young and my mom passed when I was 10 so other than not being followers of tradition, we didnt really do much to follow god. I always felt a respect for Him but still was a rebel and did enough on the wrong side of the law to write a book on. I became an adult and began to research things, went to baptist, jahova witness, and a few other christian type church groups. Just to see what they stood for and talk to them and ask. I ended up hanging around a baptist group because I met a girl that was involved in it. I just couldnt get the feeling out of my gut every time we went there and I saw this huge cross that they had on the stage. It just seemed like something was pushing me to get out of there. Like it was a bad place rather than good. Anyway I studied and asked and went to the point that I couldnt continue without learning the language so that I could see for myself what the original text said. I broke off the engagement to that girl because we never could get on the same page and I couldnt sell out so we split. I got away from studying and researching but met a girl that I ended up marrying and she is on the same page with me and we are following and searching together but we do observe the Sabbath and are learning what else we should be doing. We have a baby boy that will be 3 in Oct. And I recently was fired from my job because I took a stand and told them I could no longer work on the Sabbath. I opened my own shop ( I am an automotive technician) and now I work for myself and have the freedom to do what I need to and teach my son the way I see to be correct. I give Yahweh the credit because I didnt do this on my own. He has opened many doors for me and helped me to start my own business. So here I am, just wanted to give you guys and gals a little background and say keep at it. I will be around, always searching and learning. Thanks folks.
Royce
Offline Royce  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:56:58 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Royce wrote:
Hey folks, Just joined here a couple days ago after seeing the forum on the YY site. A friend I met on Facebook actually told me of the place. My name is Royce and I live in north Mississippi. I grew up with my parents following what use to be the World Wide Church of God led by a man named Herbert Armstrong. We didnt celebrate any of the typical holidays that most people that clam to be following christ do (chrstmas,easter etc...) but we moved from Texas when I was young and my mom passed when I was 10 so other than not being followers of tradition, we didnt really do much to follow god. I always felt a respect for Him but still was a rebel and did enough on the wrong side of the law to write a book on. I became an adult and began to research things, went to baptist, jahova witness, and a few other christian type church groups. Just to see what they stood for and talk to them and ask. I ended up hanging around a baptist group because I met a girl that was involved in it. I just couldnt get the feeling out of my gut every time we went there and I saw this huge cross that they had on the stage. It just seemed like something was pushing me to get out of there. Like it was a bad place rather than good. Anyway I studied and asked and went to the point that I couldnt continue without learning the language so that I could see for myself what the original text said. I broke off the engagement to that girl because we never could get on the same page and I couldnt sell out so we split. I got away from studying and researching but met a girl that I ended up marrying and she is on the same page with me and we are following and searching together but we do observe the Sabbath and are learning what else we should be doing. We have a baby boy that will be 3 in Oct. And I recently was fired from my job because I took a stand and told them I could no longer work on the Sabbath. I opened my own shop ( I am an automotive technician) and now I work for myself and have the freedom to do what I need to and teach my son the way I see to be correct. I give Yahweh the credit because I didnt do this on my own. He has opened many doors for me and helped me to start my own business. So here I am, just wanted to give you guys and gals a little background and say keep at it. I will be around, always searching and learning. Thanks folks.
Royce

my post isnt showing in recent posts for the forum for some reason.
Offline James  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 5:23:06 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Royce wrote:
my post isnt showing in recent posts for the forum for some reason.

Yeah forum software is a bit glitchy.

Glad to have you here Royce. I look forward to your involvement.

Offline Royce  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 5:54:43 AM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Thanks brother, good to be here.
Offline Richard  
#72 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:16:42 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Howdy, all you newcomers. Hope we can all edify each other. I've read that we might be in for it really, really soon. If so, may we all be empowered to stand as strong as necessary. Hopefully, we'll be taken out of this place ... :)

Richard (aka, flintface - but not the band)
Offline Royce  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 6:39:56 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Thanks flintface
Offline bitnet  
#74 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 11:37:35 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Welcome Royce! Just to let you know, I have a similar background in WCG. But I kinda left them alone in the late 1990s after Joe Tkach Jr lost the plot and made unqualified changes so that WCG can blend in with Christianity. Glad you found this place, and more importantly, kept up the search to find Abba Yahweh. I've always wanted to reach out to WCG folks but I am hampered by several factors. Anyway, there is one other person from my locale who is considered ex-WCG after reading and understanding the information on this and other sites. We've tried to reach out to others but it does not seem that may folks there are continuing the search for Yahweh and feel secure in that WCG box. So don't bang your head if you do not make much progress with the folks in your neighborhood. Just focus on what Scripture says and check everything that is written here and anywhere else. Don't believe everything we say, but always try to figure it out with Scripture, real proper interpretations, and not just rely on your favourite bible. Yahweh's Spirit will guide you and open your heart and mind. Perhaps you'll also find suitable fellowship here. Remember, we're all humans and are prone to mistakes but if our hearts are right we'll always stick together as Family.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Royce  
#75 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 8:54:30 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

bitnet wrote:
Shalom,

Welcome Royce! Just to let you know, I have a similar background in WCG. But I kinda left them alone in the late 1990s after Joe Tkach Jr lost the plot and made unqualified changes so that WCG can blend in with Christianity. Glad you found this place, and more importantly, kept up the search to find Abba Yahweh. I've always wanted to reach out to WCG folks but I am hampered by several factors. Anyway, there is one other person from my locale who is considered ex-WCG after reading and understanding the information on this and other sites. We've tried to reach out to others but it does not seem that may folks there are continuing the search for Yahweh and feel secure in that WCG box. So don't bang your head if you do not make much progress with the folks in your neighborhood. Just focus on what Scripture says and check everything that is written here and anywhere else. Don't believe everything we say, but always try to figure it out with Scripture, real proper interpretations, and not just rely on your favorite bible. Yahweh's Spirit will guide you and open your heart and mind. Perhaps you'll also find suitable fellowship here. Remember, we're all humans and are prone to mistakes but if our hearts are right we'll always stick together as Family.

I never was actually part of the WWCG but my parents left when the old man lost control. Actually my father did but he still follows some of the splinter groups, as they are called. My mom passed when I was young. Anyway I never have been a part of any church group type of place. I only studied on my own because I figured this is too important to trust to another mans interpretation. I ruled out the new bibles like the NIV etc but even the KJV was not clear. I found conflicts and knew they must either be translated wrong or not need be there at all. I had no time to learn Hebrew or Greek so I fell away from studying and was kinda at a road block to understanding the truth. I never spoke to folks about it because the few times I tried to I was accused of heresy etc. by closed minded folks. I knew enough to know I wasnt going to be one the masses that followed the blind. I got serious recently when my son was born and I was forced to make a choice at work to stand up for what I believe and not work on the Sabbath anymore for me and my wife and son. I was fired as a result of this decision. This turned out to be a blessing because it led me to opening my own business and now I can do what I need to. I have more stories but will save them for another time. Thanks again.
Offline bigritchie  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:36:10 PM(UTC)
bigritchie

Royce depending on where you live, being fired for religious beliefs, or being fired for asking for days of for religious observance is against the law.
Offline Quester  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:35:17 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. A rather long one (for a first one), so hopefully I'll get lots of points. =)

First, a little background:

I've been "walking with" the Ruach Qodesh (if you will accept that phrasing) for over sixteen years now, and as a result have increasingly been "led away from" (by the Set-Apart Spirit, or Ruach Qodesh) the Christian religion of my parents and of my youth -- it's in the distant past now, but there has been a lot of processing necessary to understand what has changed, what was wrong, and what is right... and the processing continues!!

My experience has been that I am able to "hear" the Ruach Qodesh "speak" to me, and have been able to since I was 9 years old. However, I did not fully surrender my "self" (and choose to give up my life) to Yahuwah (YHWH), however, until I was eighteen. So I start the count of 16 years from that point of self-denial (at 18), and from my decision (at 18) to answer the call I was hearing to become a disciple.

Now, on to my reason for "taking the plunge" and posting:

I've been reading some of Yada's books (Yada Yahweh and Questioning Paul) and a little of Ken Power's book (Future History) over the past six months, and just discovered this forum today.

I've now spent the past few hours browsing some of the topics and reading some of the threads on this forum, and noticed a most "interesting" thing: that not a single dedicated topical category exists for the actual experience of knowing Yahuwah (YHWH) relationally.

I was definitely surprised by this!

I did find the single lonely thread under the Fellowship category, titled "Is the Ruach Qodesh actually active in individuals?" but I was rather disappointed by the mere 26 replies, many of which to me seemed off-topic. For a book (Yada Yahweh) and a forum (Yada Yahweh) whose shared title suggests a focus on (and potential experience of) this relational knowing, I had hoped to find more of a discussion already going on this topic...

I can understand the "safety" in discussing more intellectually-oriented things, or in claiming that knowing Yahuwah (YHWH) relationally actually comes through the study of the scriptures... just as I can understand the "danger" of subjectively discussing personal experiences with Yahuwah. But for a group of folks who seem very skilled at dissection and analysis, I would think even a topic so dangerous and potentially divisive as the activity of the Ruach Qodesh in our present-day lives, would be one worth (at least) attempting to discuss -- but so few on this forum have.

I'm not sure how to make sense of this oversight, unless it comes down to a difference of opinion in what "to know in a relational sense" means... Perhaps the consensus of the forum is that our relationship with Yahuwah (YHWH) is primarily through knowing about him via the scriptures? If so, then what about our experience with the Ruach Qodesh?

Personally (and just as one example), I think it would be very worthwhile to complile lists of what our relationship to the Ruach Qodesh is and is not (or should be and shouldn't be), even if much of that "is not" list was little more than a collection of heretical experiences that are ascribed to her. In fact, I would be keen to participate in such a discussion as would be necessary to draw up such lists, and would expect to gain a lot from it. But, alas, there is little evidence that I am on the right forum for such discussions -- despite the name "Yada Yahweh."

I could think of at least ten other (personally useful) discussions about "knowing in a relational sense," but I'm not sure what interest level all of you forum members might have in such discussions, or whether any of you would find such discussions also personally useful??

While I'm a big fan of using our intellect to work through things Yahuwah-related (and appreciate that so much of this forum seems to pursue exactly that, inasmuch as scripture is Yahuwah-related), I'm an even bigger fan of first-hand experience with this person the scriptures talk so much about.

I would really enjoy some real fellowship, with some real "fellows," if that can be found on this forum! And I wouldn't limit my definition of fellowship to narrow discussions about the Ruach Qodesh -- although that would be included!

Since I spent an hour reading through the recent "forum misbehavior" threads, I only ask that you all treat me like you would treat someone that has just come into your living room and has talked for the first time. "Hey, everybody, I'm Quester. Why aren't any of you talking about having a relationship with Yahuwah?? The sign outside says Relationship with Yahuwah. I don't get it!!"

Lastly, I'm sure there is much to gain from the topics that are being discussed on the forum, and I look forward to reading some of those. My observation, then, isn't meant to discredit what is being discussed. I'm only pointing out what isn't being discussed, and how surprising that is, considering the name of the forum...

Enough said. Looking forward to your responses.

Quester

Edited by user Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:26:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Royce  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:41:23 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Hi Quester, What do you mean you hear this? You hear an audible voice or you feel an urge or something along those lines or what?
Thanks
Offline Steve in PA  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:19:27 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Hi & Welcome Quester,

I'm pretty new here myself. I hear what you are saying and I have a suggestion. I just looked over the different sections of the forum and noticed the ...

"Nurturing and Sheltering
The maternal nature of the Set-Apart Spirit, and the Garment of Light."

...section.

Although it says there are 5 topics there right now, none are showing up for me. There are some odd glitches with the forum software here.

Anyway, I suggest that you start a topic there (hopefully it will root and be accessible) I will gladly participate as I am sure others will also.
I look forward to getting to know you as you share your insights, experiences and relationship with the Spirit.

I'm fine with addressing you as Quester, but do you have a first name we all could use? Or just stick with Quester? I might start calling you "Q" though if you don't mind.

Peace,

Steve

*edit* I posted a test thread in that section and then saw where there is a box to view older posts. It seems to be working fine. Any moderorator.... please feel free to delete that test thread. I'm going to go now and delete that post, not sure if that will delete that thread. *edit*
Offline James  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:03:57 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Quester, anything you would like to see discussed that isn't feel free to create a new thread, and if people are interested in discussing it they can. The forum is completely user driven, if there isn't a thread about what you are interested in it's probably just that no one has thought to start one yet. I can almost guarantee that if you are interested in it, then someone else likely is too. So start a thread and see what happens.

Welcome to the forum by the way I hope you find it useful, and enjoyable.

Offline Richard  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 11:32:27 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
bigritchie wrote:
Royce depending on where you live, being fired for religious beliefs, or being fired for asking for days of for religious observance is against the law.

That is true, BR. However, in 1999 my wife and I both worked for a Jew who owned a health pill operation in Houston, Texas. The office manager was a Southern Baptist woman who was horribly offended that my wife is not only 30 years younger than I, but that she is also black. Being the godly woman that she was, when I confronted her about all the "little white lies" she was telling customers over the telephone, and about the owner claiming medical and academic credentials which he did not possess, she fired us both. When I asked her what was really going on, she told me that I should just leave and take my "moolie" with me. She also told us that she had told the owner that we hated him because he was a Jew.

The NAACP told my wife that she could own that company if she wanted to. She responded that we don't operate like that. We let it go and moved on. A few years later we learned from the UPS driver who used to deliver to that place that the State of Texas had forced them to shut down because of the owner's false claims about himself and his products. The state did not get their information from us or from anyone we know. So it became apparent to us that Yahuweh, Whose Name we did not even know in those days of cloudy Christianity, delights in avenging His children when we respond as He would have us to. We were fired for our stand on the Word of God, which is "religious" if you want to take it there. But the employer doesn't have to say that. All he had to say was that we argued with him. In the State of Texas, that is sufficient grounds for termination; the employer is not required to pay any unemployment to the discharged worker in those cases. But it didn't matter, did it? Father knows best, and no one can stop His hand.

By the way, this is the first year we are going to be celebrating Atonement and Booths. Anyone got any advice for a true newbie?

Shalom,

Richard
Offline Royce  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:22:02 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

bigritchie wrote:

Yeah brother, I tried to fight it but the company had a lawyer and I didnt but when all was said and done I went to the EEOC and the company settled with me for about 7 thousand and I started my own shop and have never been happier. I have a web site and I tell a little of my story on it and I get people that come by just to meet me and give me a hand shake for taking a stand. Have made quite a few new customers from just that. Not the reason I posted it on the site but it feels good to know folks care about it.
Offline Quester  
#83 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:04:58 AM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Royce wrote:
Hi Quester, What do you mean you hear this? You hear an audible voice or you feel an urge or something along those lines or what?
Thanks

Hi Royce,

My experience is that I "hear" the Set-Apart Spirit with an inner ear, not audibly with my two external ears (of flesh). In fact, I've never heard an audible voice (that I thought was Yahuwah or the Spirit), although I have heard credible stories of others having an audible voice experience.

I don't really mean that I "feel an urge" or anything along the lines of feeling, when I speak of this "voice," but I do sometimes have an urge to do something that comes along with the words (that are asking or telling me) to do something.

Basically, I'm talking about clearly communicated words, phrases, sentences, and (even) paragraphs. I can (and often do) write down what I "hear."

Let me know if you want more clarification.

Q

Edited by user Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:29:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Quester  
#84 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:49:54 AM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Royce wrote:
And I recently was fired from my job because I took a stand and told them I could no longer work on the Sabbath..

Hi Royce,

I'm curious, do you follow a Saturday Sabbath or a lunar-based Sabbath??

The difference being that a Saturday Sabbath is simply observed every time the Gregorian calendar reaches the last day of its perpetual seven-day cycle, while the lunar-based Sabbath follows the natural cycle of the moon (which isn't perfectly 28 days, but more like 29.5 days long) and thus moves around a little bit. One month it is on Saturdays, but the next month it may be on Fridays or Thursdays.

I've recently started to follow a lunar calendar, with the New Moon Day as the first day of each month (if you are familiar with the different types of lunar calendars), and it's definitely a challenge to arrange for rest days if you don't work for yourself!!

For example, today (Thursday) is a Sabbath, according to my calculation of the lunar month anyway...

Q
Offline Quester  
#85 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:13:36 AM(UTC)
Quester
Man

eh steve wrote:
Hi & Welcome Quester,

I'm pretty new here myself. I hear what you are saying and I have a suggestion. I just looked over the different sections of the forum and noticed the ...

"Nurturing and Sheltering
The maternal nature of the Set-Apart Spirit, and the Garment of Light."

...section.

Although it says there are 5 topics there right now, none are showing up for me. There are some odd glitches with the forum software here.

Anyway, I suggest that you start a topic there (hopefully it will root and be accessible) I will gladly participate as I am sure others will also.
I look forward to getting to know you as you share your insights, experiences and relationship with the Spirit.

I'm fine with addressing you as Quester, but do you have a first name we all could use? Or just stick with Quester? I might start calling you "Q" though if you don't mind.

Peace,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry, no first name is available. Definitely you may call me "Q" -- I don't mind at all.

Regarding posting a thread in the "Nurturing and Sheltering" section, thanks for your suggestion!

My only problem with starting my topical discussions there, would be that the subtitle suggests the maternal nature of the Spirit is more the specific topic intended for discussion, than is our overall practical experience with her. In other words, "Nurturing and Sheltering and Other Maternal Behavioral Patterns within the Nature of the Spirit" seems to be the intended topic.

The topics I might start would have more to do with the general experience of the Spirit in our daily lives, as an aspect of what it means to have a practical relationship with Yahuwah (YHWH). I would be less interested in a theological-type discussion of the nature of the Spirit, than I would be in a practical discussion of where-the-rubber-meets-the-road, which is to say, the Spirit's involvement in our daily lives.

Of course, many on this forum might argue that a practical discussion must first be informed by the theological-type considerations. Which is a fair argument, but I wonder whether a practical discussion will ever come!! Apparently, it hasn't yet -- I can't find the thread!!

And it seems to me that a practical discussion about the Spirit would best be filed under a topical category having to do with "relationally knowing Yahuwah." Along with other practical discussions about other aspects of such a "relational knowing." But, alas, there's no such topic.

Given the lack of options, the section you suggested may be my best one!

Q

Edited by user Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:38:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Quester  
#86 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:47:45 AM(UTC)
Quester
Man

James wrote:
Quester, anything you would like to see discussed that isn't feel free to create a new thread, and if people are interested in discussing it they can. The forum is completely user driven, if there isn't a thread about what you are interested in it's probably just that no one has thought to start one yet. I can almost guarantee that if you are interested in it, then someone else likely is too. So start a thread and see what happens.

Welcome to the forum by the way I hope you find it useful, and enjoyable.

Hi James,

Thanks for your input. As moderator, please advise me on the following two quandaries:

(1) The threads I would start, regarding the Spirit, don't fit neatly into any of the pre-existing topical categories.

Should I just file them under Fellowship (since it's an important topic to me), or under Nurturing (since that is the only category specific to the Spirit, but even though the threads wouldn't be about the nature of the Spirit, per se)?

Or can a new topic be added to the forum?

(2) No topical category exists for the stated name of the forum.

Of course, the namesake of the forum is the book by the same name (Yada Yahweh), and there is a category for discussing the book. But the name itself (Yada Yahweh) suggests a type of knowing that has eluded most christians for most centuries. A "relational knowing." This is a topic most worthy of discussing!! Perhaps more worthy than all of the other topics on the forum combined, in my opinion at least.

Therefore, I propose a category for "the practical experience of knowing Yahweh," or alternatively "what it means to know Yahweh relationally." Or "Yada Yahweh: the relationship, not the book." Or more simply "Our practical relationship with Yahweh."

I take seriously the warning about being sent away due to "I never knew you." I'm therefore most interested in what it means to know Yahuwah / the Spirit / Yahushua, and believe that such a knowing must be relational or it doesn't count. (For example: If you read a book about Quester, you still don't really know Quester. You only know about him. But if you are Quester's friend, you do really know him.)

Perhaps a question for Yada (if he is the one who started the forum and created the topical categories -- I'm not sure??) is why no such category (as I'm suggesting above) was included in the first place. Perhaps he originally envisioned the forum more as a place to discuss the book, than as a place to discuss having a "relational knowing" with Yahweh? That would be understandable. But it seems to me that the whole point of his book is to encourage people towards having such a relationship, and thus I would have thought that this "hoped-for end result" would have found at least one topical category on the forum of the same name.

As I stated in my initial post to this forum, I am really puzzled by the oversight.

Please advise.

Q

Edited by user Friday, September 17, 2010 10:17:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Quester  
#87 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 12:30:01 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Quester wrote:
No topical category exists for the stated name of the forum.

rv wrote:
The nascent idea behind originating this Forum was to provide a venue for open discussion of topics covered in the YY volume, and more recently, by extension, the YY radio show.

There, I answered my own question. Or, more precisely, someone named rv (who no longer participates on this forum) did. I found what he wrote somewhere else on the forum (not in this thread). Apparently, he knows Yada personally, and thus would know the idea behind the forum and its purpose.

So, if in fact the forum was originally started for the purpose of providing an opportunity for people to discuss the book, that is all well and good. But I'm still disappointed at the lack of foresight that was required to not include a category about a "relationship-based knowing" with Yahuwah. After all, the author himself (at least Yada -- there may be other authors?) claims to have such a functioning relationship. And it seems that such a "relationship-based knowing" was the overall point of the book, even if the book doesn't have a chapter specifically devoted to it (can't say, as I haven't yet read the whole book). Of course, if a "relational knowing" wasn't the point of the book, then the book was mis-titled, and this forum, by extension, is mis-titled as well.

There seems to be a basic difference between impractical-, conceptual-, theoretical-, theological-type discussions and practical-, rubber-meets-the-road-type discussions.

In my experience most of the people having the first set of discussions are the introverts who live in their inner worlds of concepts and ideas (already naturally as a part of their pre-disposition / personality), and are thus most confortable engaging others in ways (and on topics) that allow them to draw on that natural strength and remain in that conceptual state of mind. Extraverts, on the other hand, usually can't last more than five minutes in such conversations. "Make it practical!" they call out. "How does this apply to my life?" "Translate what you are saying into something I can do right now!"

Sometimes the introverts are able to translate their concepts to the real world, but more often than not, they aren't. Just look at most of christian doctrine (which was largely written by introverts, I'm sure), and how little practical application there is for most of it. Lots of "interesting" ideas, but not much that we need to actually do anything about. We can just believe it (or not), and be done.

In my experience as someone between the two extremes, I could attentively (and enjoyably) listen to an hour-long sermon, but if at the end there wasn't a practical, take-home type of a conclusion, I would get very frustrated. Most of the five-hundred-plus sermons I heard growing up, were NOT practical in any shape or form, and did not have a take-home "moral of the story" at the end. They were just long monologues on ideas, spoken by men who didn't even know how to make them practical.

Yahushua's words, I find, are very practical and even action-oriented (not all of them, but many of them). Yes, he spoke conceptually and in parables much of the time, but even still, I find practical advice embedded in what he said. "If anyone is going to build a tower, he should count the cost" (paraphrase). Yes, that was a concept that isn't clearly related to home or castle construction -- we'll need to think about it for a minute -- but it's got a practical point, and as soon as we figure out the context, we will be able to apply his advice. So much of the torah / tanakh is also very practical and action-oriented. And yet we somehow manage to talk about it all, rather than apply it to our lives.

There's a kind of learning that comes through experience. Try reading a comprehensive, encyclopaedia-type book all about the bicycle, without ever having ridden one yourself. Good, now proceed to instruct others on the finer points of bicycle-riding. Maybe include a few chapters in your new book on specialty disciplines within the overall sport of bicycling, such as downhill mountain biking, single-speed track riding, multi-stage endurace racing. Great, now how much actual bicycle riding experience do you have? None. But you are uniquely qualified to write about bicycles, since you did read that initial book -- even studied it in depth. Or are you qualified at all?

That's how I feel about most people who talk about "God" (or Yahuwah). They haven't a clue what they are talking about, because they don't know him personally. They've only read about him in a book, and what they read was probably mis-translated and full of errors. I'm not saying that the guy who writes about bicycles after only having studied "the bicycling bible" isn't writing true things. Much of what he writes will be technically true. But little of it will be relationally true, since his writing isn't tempered by his own real-life experience of riding bicycles for twenty-five years.

We check the credentials of an author for most non-fiction books that we consider buying, but why don't we do this for authors of religious books? "So and so studied at the Grace Bible Cemetery" (seminary) -- oh really, how is that a qualification? There isn't a "get-to-know-God program" at the cemetery.

Christianity is like a book club. Everyone gets together to discuss the book that they all have in common, but very few (if any) of them have any clue what that book is actually about, and nearly all of them do not know the author/subject of that book. Those book club members who have read other books (besides scripture) on this same subject matter (books which were written by people who likewise did not know the author/subject of the scriptures they initially read), are elevated into positions of leadership. Because, having read more books than the rest of us, they of course have become greater experts (on someone/something they have never experienced themselves). In fact, just through the reading of all those books, they have somehow (magically?) developed a relationship with someone they've never even met. It's all too amazing for the real world. It must be a fairy tale.

If all we have is a learning that comes through book-reading, our knowledge is going to be limited. We know about. We have read about. We have learned about. But we still have yet to experience. I'm certain there are people in the world who find a bicycle on the side of the road (or in their parents' garage), pick it up without any of the historical or comprehensive knowledge on how bicycles came to be, how they are designed, etc, and learn to ride it all by themselves, on their own, with no outside help. Sure, they lack a lot of really cool information on derailleur design or the history of inflatable rubber tires, but they are "out there doing it." And I've got to respect them for that.

Yes, I know a few people like this (who learned to ride, even before they had any book knowledge).

And no, there still doesn't seem to be a category on this forum specifically for talking about riding bicycles. And I brought up this point over one day ago -- how much time do people need? (just kidding)

If the topical categories on this forum accurately reflect the topics covered in the book that goes by the same name (Yada Yahweh) -- of which I can't be certain because I haven't yet read the whole book -- then the author(s) who set up the forum in the first place are to thank for that ommission (of no category in which to discuss riding bicycles), unless the book itself has no such chapter (or topic within it). Of course, if the book itself has no such chapter (or topic) having to do with an actual relationship with Yahuwah, then we have a bigger problem than a forum design oversight.

But since the forum is "user-driven," what I see being discussed on the forum is probably an accurate indication of what people themselves want to discuss. And if enough people had been talking about "Yada Yahweh, the relationship not the book," then the forum probably would have been updated to include the appropriate sub-forum for that discussion.

Whichever may be the case, I can't get around the simple fact that everyone here is apparently only interested in talking about bicycle design, the future of bicycles, Yahuwah's disdain for skateboards, bicycles in world news, and which books written about bicycles are the most authoritative, accurate, or properly translated. Which is disappointing, because I would have thought "relationally knowing" might have something to do with an actual relationship. (sarcasm)

Of course, all those other bicycle-related topics have their own relative merits and should be included in a comprehensive discussion on "all things Yahuwah" or "all things Scripture." But if I had to choose just one single topic, and was banned from discussing the others, I certainly wouldn't choose world news (which has the most posts).

Anyway, at this point I'm probably just talking to myself.

Q

Edit: I just realized that Yada does participate on this forum -- I think his handle is "Yada" and he has the power to change things... So, with this new realization (if I'm wrong, somebody please correct me!):

Administrator: please consider what I have written in this and previous posts (in this same thread). Between the four posts combined (#77, #85, #86, and this one, #87), I've made my case for a new topic / sub-forum.

Edited by user Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:55:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Steve in PA  
#88 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:47:39 AM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Q,

I believe you are mistaken that Yada is Yada. Yada did go by Yada on the "Blog-talk-radio" program but when I asked, I was told that Yada here on the forum was not Yada.
Yada does not post directly here. His comments to posts come via Yada or James from emails they get from him.

On the practical, everyday relationship, really knowing Yahweh and experiencing Him, subtitled section of the forum, you have made your point. I agree with you and it very well may happen. It may take a little time. It may never happen.

In the meantime why not just start a new thread right here in the "Fellowship" section. I believe in its broad definition it covers our practical, everyday relationship, really knowing Yahweh and experiencing Him posts and whatever anyone wants to discuss about it. That is the ultimate fellowship, is it not?

Peace,

S

Offline Matthew  
#89 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 5:27:33 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What about the Relationship vs. Religion topic. Perhaps a thread could be started there.

Welcome to the forum Quester, you certainly have some interesting posts already, some things you say have already personally struck home for me, or at least prodded me. ;)
Offline lassie1865  
#90 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 12:56:48 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Shalom to all; I haven't posted for a stretch of time, but I do read the forum every day; usually someone else asks the question I was considering.

I agree with Quester; it would be wonderful to have a topic called "What The Spirit Says"; a place to discuss just "how" we have a relationship with Yahweh. Yes, I have heard the Spirit in my head; I knew it was not my voice; the Spirit used my name, and used as few words as possible to convey the message; I have only experienced this about three times in my life. I assume that most of the information I need is already contained in the written Word, but still, I like live communication. I was thinking the other day about why Yahushua did not write anything Himself . . . it was because it had already been written - written in the Tanach - there was nothing else to add!
Offline Royce  
#91 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:44:25 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Quester wrote:
Hi Royce,

My experience is that I hear with an inner ear, not audibly with my two external ears (of flesh). In fact, I've never heard an audible voice (that I thought was Yahuwah or the Spirit), although I have heard credible stories of others having an audible voice experience.

I don't really mean that I "feel an urge" or anything along the lines of feeling, when I speak of this "voice," but I do sometimes have an urge to do something that comes along with the words asking or telling me to do something.

Basically, I'm talking about clearly communicated words, phrases, sentences, and (even) paragraphs. I can (and often do) write down what I "hear."

Let me know if you want more clarification.

Q

Thanks Quester, appreciate the answer brother.
Offline Royce  
#92 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:49:49 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Quester wrote:
Hi Royce,

The difference being that a Saturday Sabbath is simply observed every time the Gregorian calendar reaches the last day of its perpetual seven-day cycle, while the lunar-based Sabbath follows the natural cycle of the moon (which isn't perfectly 28 days, but more like 29.5 days long) and thus moves around a little bit. One month it is on Saturdays, but the next month it may be on Fridays or Thursdays.

I've recently started to follow a lunar calendar, with the New Moon Day as the first day of each month (if you are familiar with the different types of lunar calendars), and it's definitely a challenge to arrange for rest days if you don't work for yourself!!

For example, today (Thursday) is a Sabbath, according to my calculation of the lunar month anyway...

Q

I just use the Saturday according to our calender. I figure since Yahweh set up the 7 day system I just go by that and not moons when weeks are concerned. Actually I just recently began researching the moons and all so I am still learning and studying a bunch but I am seeking the truth out. Thanks for your comments and glad to be here.
Offline tlc  
#93 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 4:36:29 PM(UTC)
tlc

Hello everyone, my name is Toni.

It's been three weeks since my last church service.

Three weeks is a long time and also a very short time! It's a Short time as it compares to what I see that I need to know and the panic i am feeling. A Long time as it compares to the great freedom from the "fake it till you make it" christian fellowships and all their functions, works and country club mentality.

I have always felt that I was set apart from the christian people and churches I was involved with, always feeling on the outside looking in, and wondering why anyone would want to be "in"! I've seen more than my fair share of wolves in sheeps clothing and have been the most or one of the most skeptical christians in the churches i've attended. I've seen more sin in the church, more phony balony, back biting/stabbing, cult like people worship and "look at me, look at me" & christian cliche masters programs to fill a whole page.

Let me say, I am really glad I found this forum through the Yada Yahweh page and can't seem to absorb enough of it all, fast enough to suit me. I'm just getting acquainted with the YY site and have found many threads here that I'm sure I can add to what I'm learning.

I'm looking forward to more from Questar and the proposed topic on Yada Yahweh: the relationship not the book! lol !

Offline Quester  
#94 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 7:15:27 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

eh steve wrote:
Q, I believe you are mistaken that Yada is Yada. Yada did go by Yada on the "Blog-talk-radio" program but when I asked, I was told that Yada here on the forum was not Yada.
Yada does not post directly here. His comments to posts come via Yada or James from emails they get from him.

Thanks, Steve, for that correction. I guess it makes sense that Yada would limit/ban himself from participating in the forum, as that would give more freedom to the participants to discuss his book, without his involvement.

eh steve wrote:
On the practical, everyday relationship, really knowing Yahweh and experiencing Him, subtitled section of the forum, you have made your point. I agree with you and it very well may happen. It may take a little time. It may never happen.

In the meantime why not just start a new thread right here in the "Fellowship" section. I believe in its broad definition it covers our practical, everyday relationship, really knowing Yahweh and experiencing Him posts and whatever anyone wants to discuss about it. That is the ultimate fellowship, is it not?

Thanks for agreeing with me. I wonder how many others might also agree...

Yes, in the meantime I'll have to start a thread or two somewhere -- and why not here. Great insight with: "that is the ultimate fellowship, is it not"!!

Q
Offline Quester  
#95 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:39:16 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Matthew wrote:
What about the Relationship vs. Religion topic. Perhaps a thread could be started there.

Welcome to the forum Quester, you certainly have some interesting posts already, some things you say have already personally struck home for me, or at least prodded me. ;)

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your suggestion and welcoming comments.

While I probably will start a few threads within the "Relationship vs. Religion" topic, I will explain below why I don't feel that is the ideal topic in which to start many of the threads I have in mind to start.

(What I write below is not directed at you, Matthew, but is written to further my argument that another topic/sub-forum is needed on this forum -- one that is specifically devoted to "Yada Yahweh, the Relationship, Not the Book.")

Firstly, the title of the topic, "Relationship vs. Religion," makes it very clear that any discussion of relationship is to be made in contrast to religion. Which is fine, because that is a VERY important distinction to make, to understand, and to discuss with others. The great deception of the christian religion is that people are put right with "God," as a result of having taken certain steps. When in fact, they still don't have a relationship with Yahuwah, and are even further from having one than when they started. I'm certainly interested in discussing this topic with all of you!

But, I also want to generally discuss having a relationship with Yahuwah, and to discuss that topic completely apart from any restriction of having to make constant comparisons (contrasts) to dead religion.

For example, I want to discuss what "relational knowing" means, and what people have (or have not) experienced along those lines. I want to discuss the difference between just knowing about something, and relationally knowing something (through experience). This last point is a contrast all of its own: "Actual Relationship vs. Merely Knowing About."

I want to discuss the fact that the English language sometimes totally gyps us on word choices. Mandarin Chinese, for example, gives its speakers (at least) two words for knowing. They have zhi-dao (knowledge about something or someone) and ren-shi (familiarity as a result of experience with something or someone). [So, if I told you that I zhi-dao Yada ("Wo zhi-dao Yada"), you could ask me whether I ren-shi him also. Then, if I told you that no, I only zhi-dao him -- that is, I've only read about him -- you would know that I have never become personally familiar with him. That is, "Wo bu ren-shi Yada."] Thus, if we were all speaking Mandarin right now, I could simply suggest that we add a topic entitled: "Zhi-dao vs. Ren-shi." Which would be easier to communicate. (But instead, it's harder.)

I also want to discuss the role of the Spirit in our daily lives (and all of our personal experiences along those lines), which isn't a topic that is always best discussed in contrast to religion. And, as I explained before, neither is this a topic that would fit neatly into "the maternal nature of the Set-Apart Spirit."

Secondly, the subtitle of the "Relationship vs. Religion" topic is: "The importance of not bowing down, of reverence instead of fear, communication vs. worship, and Yahweh’s family metaphor."

(I realize the various subtitles on the forum were probably just written up (during the forum design stage) in order to be guidelines, and in order to help people imagine what kinds of things they could be talking about within each topic, rather than as comprehensive listings of what is permissible to discuss. So, with that in mind, I don't want to go too far with my criticisms. But I'll try to go just far enough to make my point...)

"The importance of" (a) not bowing down, (b) reverence instead of fear, (c) communication vs. worship, and (d) Yahweh's family metaphor... as a subtitle, is a bit silly and limiting. To make my point by way of exaggeration:

I could post a single thread that simply states: "all of these four are VERY important. what do you guys think?"
Then, after everyone corrects me, responding with: "sorry Q -- get it straight -- all of these four are VERY VERY VERY important!" ... the sub-title has been fulfilled. We've all discussed the importance.

(Much more seriously:)

Nowhere in that sub-title do I read anything specifically about a relationship, except for the bit on "communication." But since "communication vs. worship" is suggested, I'm now straining myself to figure out how to contrast those two (and post anything intelligent enough that a discussion could result). Sure, all of the four suggestions do have a bearing on our relationship with Yahuwah, but none of them IS our relationship with Yahuwah.

For example, fear isn't conducive to trust, and relationships are based on trust (at least in part), so reverence (being the better translation) should be our attitude towards "God," rather than fear. Worship can certainly be engaged in as a distant pass-time, which isn't very indicative of a relationship, although the revelation to John seems to paint a picture of heavenly beings worshiping Yahuwah. But, you say, we humans were made to be in relationship with him. Fine. Moving on: Yahweh's family metaphor obviously implies something about families, which has a lot to do with relationships. Great.

But what about the relationship itself -- where do we discuss that?

Q
Offline Royce  
#96 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:12:50 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

tlc wrote:
Hello everyone, my name is Toni.

It's been three weeks since my last church service.

Three weeks is a long time and also a very short time! It's a Short time as it compares to what I see that I need to know and the panic i am feeling. A Long time as it compares to the great freedom from the "fake it till you make it" christian fellowships and all their functions, works and country club mentality.

I have always felt that I was set apart from the christian people and churches I was involved with, always feeling on the outside looking in, and wondering why anyone would want to be "in"! I've seen more than my fair share of wolves in sheeps clothing and have been the most or one of the most skeptical christians in the churches i've attended. I've seen more sin in the church, more phony balony, back biting/stabbing, cult like people worship and "look at me, look at me" & christian cliche masters programs to fill a whole page.

Let me say, I am really glad I found this forum through the Yada Yahweh page and can't seem to absorb enough of it all, fast enough to suit me. I'm just getting acquainted with the YY site and have found many threads here that I'm sure I can add to what I'm learning.

I'm looking forward to more from Questar and the proposed topic on Yada Yahweh: the relationship not the book! lol !

Hi Toni, welcome to the forum,
Im new here myself. You are one of the fortunate ones that can see past the typical church stuff and look outside. What is the panic you feel? Just curious, I would imagine your church friend have put some kind of peer pressure on you, is that part of what you mean? We are all here searching for the truth so dont worry about things that dont matter. Good to have you.
Offline Quester  
#97 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:13:24 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

lassie1865 wrote:
Shalom to all; I haven't posted for a stretch of time, but I do read the forum every day; usually someone else asks the question I was considering.

I agree with Quester; it would be wonderful to have a topic called "What The Spirit Says"; a place to discuss just "how" we have a relationship with Yahweh. Yes, I have heard the Spirit in my head; I knew it was not my voice; the Spirit used my name, and used as few words as possible to convey the message; I have only experienced this about three times in my life. I assume that most of the information I need is already contained in the written Word, but still, I like live communication. I was thinking the other day about why Yahushua did not write anything Himself . . . it was because it had already been written - written in the Tanach - there was nothing else to add!

Hi Lassie,

Thanks for posting and sharing your interest in this (proposed) topic!

That's great to hear that you have "heard the Spirit in [your] head." And that she "used [your] name, and used as few words as possible to convey the message." Very similar to my experiences!

I too like "live communication," but I differ a bit on the assumption that "most of the information I need is already contained in the written Word." I feel there are too many decisions that I need to make throughout the day, for which no specific instruction or guideline exists in the scriptures. And I rather wish I could get help on those types of decisions. So I ask.

The Spirit doesn't seem to be bothered by my asking, as very often I get the feedback I had hoped for. And am then better able to make the decision I was about to make.

I'm not sure how good a translation this is, but I find (at least some) support for such an approach in Proverbs 3:5,6: "Trust in YHWH with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge him in all your ways, and he will direct your paths."

I tend to think that in asking about all the "minor" decisions throughout the day, I am acknowledging. And in giving me feedback, the Spirit is directing my paths. Whereas, if I am making those various decisions on my own, apart from him (or her), then I am doing so as a result of leaning on my own understanding -- that is, "I've got this one." So, if you're following that logic, in those situations where I am not seeking direction, I am in fact not placing my trust in YHWH, but am trusting myself instead. "I've got this one."

Of course, if a scriptural mandate exists for what to do, we could just do that. But I find difficulty in applying such mandates to real life experiences, even when they do exist, and, further, I find as many as a hundred decisions each day for which I can't find a mandate. That's where I'm coming from.

Anyway, thanks for posting -- glad to hear what you think! And even more glad to hear what you have experienced!

Q

P.S. What does your username mean? You couldn't have been born in 1865, so maybe your birthday is 1-8-65. Or maybe it's numerology of some kind? Or maybe a secret code? (1=A, 8=H, 6=F, 5=E) "Lassie Ahfe"? Maybe the numbers are scrambled to protect your identity: "Lassie Fahe."

OK, one last guess. The letters aren't scrambled; they're an acronym: "Lassie, An Honest Feminine Erudite." That might be it...
Offline Royce  
#98 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:19:47 PM(UTC)
Royce
Man

Quester wrote:
Hi Royce,

Q

I reread this and was curious about something, do you mean that you dont see each 7th day as a Sabbath? Or that you restart the count each month with the moon? I did some research a while back and from what I could see the days of the week havent changed since around the time of Yahushua or before, maybe never. Thoughts?
Offline Quester  
#99 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 10:14:52 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Royce wrote:
I just use the Saturday according to our calender. I figure since Yahweh set up the 7 day system I just go by that and not moons when weeks are concerned. Actually I just recently began researching the moons and all so I am still learning and studying a bunch but I am seeking the truth out. Thanks for your comments and glad to be here.

Hi Royce,

I'll just share a bit of what I've learned about the lunar calendar, in case it might help you in your own research.

The reason many people follow a moon-based calendar (and by extension a moon-based Sabbath), instead of the Gregorian calendar (which is a sun-based calendar) is that the Torah says quite a bit about how to calculate when the holy days are -- whether Sabbaths, New Moon Days, or the various festival days. And what it says has a lot to do with the cycle of the moon.

Before I go on, I'll just add that, technically-speaking, the calendar of the Tanakh ("old testament") and the ancient Hebrews was a "lumi-solar" calendar. That is, it was based on both the moon and the sun. Each month was completely moon-based (New Moon to New Moon = 1 month, who cares what the sun is doing!), but each year would begin only after the barley crop was checked for a certain level of ripeness (called "aviv," and by extension the name of the first month). Thus, whenever the barley crop wasn't quite ready, another moon-cycle (lunar month) would be added, before the new year would begin. This way, the ancient Hebrew calendar managed to stay in tune with the sun (adding the leap month every once in a while). Which was important, because the lunar year is shorter than the solar year by 11 or 12 days each solar year. No leap month would have meant drifting seasons, and the offerings and festivals wouldn't have been "sustainable" or accurate to what was commanded in the law.

Also before I go on, I'll just say that there is no neat and tidy "chapter" anywhere in the scriptures that is dedicated to explaining everything we might want to know about how to calculate the lunar calendar. The information is spread out, and takes some work to put together. So, my summary below took a lot of work to put together, and you may find some of it hard to believe, having not clearly read it all in one place before. But this is my favor to you: summarizing it all in one place like this. =)

Since the first day of the lunar month (as calculated in the Torah calendar) is always a New Moon Day, rather than the first day of the work week, the Hebrews had a calendar that did not follow a continuous seven-day cycle. Add to that the possibility for "New Moon Rebuilding Days" (my phrasing, not scripture's) at the end of roughly every-other month, and you have a Sabbath that does not continuously correlate to the Gregorian calendar.

As I understand it, the ancient Hebrew calendar looked like this:

02 03 04 05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
-------------------- (30)

Day 01 was New Moon Day, a day similar in observance to the Sabbath, but somewhat different, and apparently seen by Yahuwah as a whole 'nother category of day. You'll find special laws (related to what to do / what not to do) regarding these New Moon Days, which is proof enough of its existence as a separate day -- neither a work day, nor a Sabbath day. And you'll find New Moon Days and Sabbath days mentioned in the same "sentence," which is more evidence that they are separate categories of days.

Days 08, 15, 22, and 29 are always Sabbath days. Every instance in the Tanakh ("old testament") of a Sabbath day being connected to a number of the month, the Sabbath is one of these four numbers (more evidence of the first day of the month being a New Moon Day. If the first day of the lunar month was a work day, Sabbath days would be 07, 14, 21, and 28).

Day 30 is an optional day, added when needed. (There are "proof texts" for such a day being on the calendar, when needed.) Remember, the lunar month is on average 29.5 days long, so some months the two 0.5 days will add up to a whole day, and that day then gets added as Day 30. (A lot to explain with regards to how to calculate the beginning of the month -- when it starts. Maybe another time -- or another thread?)

All the other days not mentioned above are regular work days, unless a festival is scheduled. So, the first six columns of days are all work days. And all the days in the seventh column are special somehow.

So, if observing the Sabbath according to the Torah's instructions is important to Yahuwah, and if my explanation above (of the Torah calendar) is accurate, then following the Gregorian calendar's Saturday is going to be the incorrect day on which to be observing Sabbath (in Yahuwah's eyes) more often than not. Remember, the extra one or two days at the beginning or end of the ancient Hebrew calendar, will throw off the timing of the Sabbath days, as compared to the continuous seven-day cycle of the Gregorian calendar.

I've calculated this lunar calendar for the next twelve months or so, and have compared the lunar Sabbaths to the Gregorian calendar Saturdays, and have thus demonstrated (to myself) just how infrequently the lunar Sabbaths happen to fall on a Saturday.

Now, if Yahuwah doesn't really care about the Sabbath days being "correctly" observed (that is, according to the Torah instructions and the lunar calculation of when those days are to be observed), then you're probably good. If all he wants is a rest day once a week, then why not make it a Saturday? I have a friend who takes his rest day on Monday. (Who cares what the Roman calendar says. How do we know which day is the "seventh." Can't we start our count from anywhere, working six days, then resting one?)

But if he does care, then losing your job over a Saturday Sabbath observance might have been a great "opportunity" for you to start your own business, but it was "technically" the wrong day to fight over. You should have been fighting for a flex schedule in which you could have changed your day off to a different day, every four weeks. =) Ha! Well, now with your own business, I guess you can do whatever you want.

As another possibility, Yahuwah might not even care whether we observe Sabbath. Certainly Yahushua didn't observe Sabbath "correctly" (in terms of following all the rules associated with it, at least) -- as I understand it anyways. I believe the criticisms of him not observing the Sabbath were legitimate criticisms. But he did know which day it was supposed to be on (whether he always observed it or not), since the calendar he followed at that time was still the correct one. And maybe his justification of "my father is always working" wouldn't apply to us in the same way it applied to him. Or maybe that's the new perspective. Too much to think about.

I could say a lot more on this topic (especially on how to calculate the calendar -- which is more complicated that it sounds), but that should give you a head start on your own research.

If you want to continue the discussion, maybe start a separate thread (rather than PM me to continue in a private discussion), as I'm sure everybody here is interested in which calendar we should be following. And if you are interested in what conclusions I've come to, or have questions about what I just wrote, PM me to let know about your new thread and I'll try to post there.

Hope that helps more than it overwhelms.

Q

Edited by user Saturday, September 18, 2010 11:44:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Quester  
#100 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 10:57:10 PM(UTC)
Quester
Man

Royce wrote:
I reread this and was curious about something, do you mean that you dont see each 7th day as a Sabbath? Or that you restart the count each month with the moon? I did some research a while back and from what I could see the days of the week havent changed since around the time of Yahushua or before, maybe never. Thoughts?

I think I answered this question in my last post (which I was writing while you posted yours).

But just in case:

I mean that I restart the count each month with the moon, yes, but that I also add another day at the beginning of each month (and sometimes another at the end) that doesn't get included in the seven-day week.

To repeat a bit of what I wrote in the last post:

The New Moon Days add a day (sometimes two, roughly every-other lunar month) to the count. So, you've got your four continous weeks of seven days each (28 days that perfectly match the Gregorian calendar 7-day cycle), but then you have a New Moon Day (or two) that doesn't correlate, throwing off the relationship.

This happens each month, so the relationship gets skewed a bit more each time it happens.

If we start out with the lunar Sabbath landing on a Saturday, it will only be that way for four in a row. Then, it will land on a different day for four weeks in a row. And so on, until it comes back around and lands on Saturday again. Overall, it's going to land on days-besides-Saturday more often than it will land on Saturday, so following a Saturday Sabbath is going to be "wrong" most of the time. (That is, if you believe that Yahuwah cares about you following the Sabbath, and about you following the Sabbath as he calculates it in the Torah.)

As regards the days of the week changing, I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but I may have answered that above.

I can think of two historical examples when things got moved around, but neither had an interruption of the continuous cycle of the seven days. Just for fun, I'll share them anyways.

One example would be Constantine switching things around on the Roman calendar, moving Sunday to the first column -- to better emphasize the Sun, of course. But I don't think anything was changed other than the format of the calendars. The week continued to flow uninterrupted, moving from one day to the next.

Another example would be when Pope Gregory 13th managed to "update" the Julian calendar, jumping ahead ten days (and thus skipping those ten days). I believe the transition worked like this: the last day of the Julian calendar was Thursday the 4th, and the first day of the new Gregorian calendar was Friday the 15th. But you would be right that, again, the flow of the week was uninterrupted.

Let me know if I didn't answer your question.

Q