logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:47:00 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
August 13, 2008

Vatican bars use of `Yahweh’ in Catholic churches
By Francis X. Rocca

VATICAN CITY -- Catholics at worship should neither sing nor pronounce the name of God as "Yahweh," the Vatican has said, citing the authority of both Jewish and Christian practice.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:56:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
This from the Catholic Network EWTN:

13-August-2008 -- Catholic World News Brief
Vatican: "Yahweh" Inappropriate for Liturgical Use

Aug. 13, 2008 (YadaNews.com) - The Vatican has ruled that the Name of God, commonly rendered as "Yahweh," should not be pronounced in the Catholic liturgy.

The Vatican directive will not require any changes in the language of liturgy, since the Name of God is not spelled out in any authorized translation of the Roman Missal. However some hymns may be deemed inappropriate for liturgical use.

The Congregation for Divine Worship, in issuing the new directive, reminds bishops that in the Hebrew tradition, which the early Christians adopted, the faithful avoided pronouncing the Name of God. The Vatican directive explains that "as an expression of the infinite greatness and majesty of God, it was held to be unpronounceable."

In place of the Name of God, pious Hebrews used the four-letter tetragammaton YHWH, or substituted the terms "Adonai" or "the Lord." The first Christians continued this practice, the Vatican notes.

The Congregation for Divine Worship observes that the invocation of "the Lord" in Scriptural text follows this practice. Thus when St. Paul prays that "every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord," the Vatican letter says that his statement "corresponds exactly to a proclamation of [Christ's] divinity."

The Bible reflects the Hebrew tradition, and the Name of God is not spelled out in authorized Catholic translations. The Vatican instruction says that liturgical language should adhere carefully to the Scriptural texts, so that the Word of God is "conserved and transmitted in an integral and faithful manner."

However, the instruction notes, "in recent years the practice has crept in" of using the Name of God and spelling out the tetragrammaton. That practice should be avoided in the Catholic liturgy, the Vatican says.

The effect of the Vatican directive should be evident in the selection of hymns, since some contemporary liturgical music violates the policy by pronouncing the Name of God. The policy will also call for some care in the preparation of variable elements in the liturgy, such as the Prayers of the Faithful.

The letter from the Congregation for Divine Worship, dated June 29, was signed by Cardinal Francis Arinze and Archbishop Malcom Ranjith, the prefect and secretary, respectively of that congregation.

In an August 8 letter to the bishops of the US hierarchy, relaying the Vatican directive, Bishop Arthur Serratelli-- the chairman of the US bishops' liturgy committee-- welcomed the instruction, saying that it "helps to emphasize the theological accuracy of our language and appropriate reverence for the name of God."

source
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:58:07 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
No 'Yahweh' in songs, prayers at Catholic Masses, Vatican rules

By Nancy Frazier O'Brien
Catholic News Service

WASHINGTON (CNS) -- In the not-too-distant future, songs such as "You Are Near," "I Will Bless Yahweh" and "Rise, O Yahweh" will no longer be part of the Catholic worship experience in the United States.

At the very least, the songs will be edited to remove the word "Yahweh" -- a name of God that the Vatican has ruled must not "be used or pronounced" in songs and prayers during Catholic Masses...

Read on
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:02:32 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Catholics to Stop Saying/Singing the Name Yahweh

In an interesting development, the Vatican’s Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments issued a directive to all bishops’ conferences on June 29, 2008, stating that Catholics are to no longer say the name Yahweh. The US Bishops’ Committee for Divine Worship, which is the responsible committee for liturgical issues in the US, forwarded the directive to all dioceses on August 8. It is expected that it will take some time to implement the change.

To those who have been a fan of the song, “Yahweh, I Know You Are Near,” such a change is surprising, if not disappointing. I’ve been on many retreats and participated in many Masses where this song has captured the hearts of the people and helped us to pray more deeply. Ironically, last Sunday while on travel we sang this song at Mass in a small town. Now, the song needs to be changed to replace the name Yahweh...

Read on
Offline BiynaYahu  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:16:17 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

YAHUWEH I shout your name from the rooftops. I declare your majesty. YAHUWEH you are great and no other. YAHUWEH you alone are 'elohiym. YAHUWEH your name is wonderful and it will be on my lips day and night. YAHUWEH do not take your glorious name from me. Amein!

Edited by user Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:22:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline YAH is my FATHER  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:29:51 PM(UTC)
YAH is my FATHER
Man

It would appear the ongoing polarisation along the lines of religious determination continues.

"So knowledge isn't the main measure, love of Yah and of each other is."

Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:15:08 AM(UTC)
bitnet

And so the divorce begins in earnest... Sad. We are on our own now folks, our quest just began in earnest to reach those not subservient to the Vatican.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:33:18 AM(UTC)
Yada

A couple of comments from Yada:

Quote:
It's hard to fleece and control the flock when the flock knows God by name. There is something about a personal relationship that makes religion unnecessary.

This is one more very good reason to despise the Roman Catholic Church and to work aggressively to expose and condemn the institution. I am proud to say, I hate Catholicism, for what they have done and for what the are doing.

Yada

And,

Quote:
By the way, Catholicism is "Christian practice," and the RCC has never listened to or respected "Jews," so there is another, what I see as obvious, reason for banning the use of Yahweh's name in Catholic Churches. But what I find interesting, is the timing. This move makes it possible for them to ally with Islam--something I see happening as part of the False Prophet's agenda.

Yada
Offline Yada  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:01:39 AM(UTC)
Yada

Yet more press on this story (I just can't believe it):

Quote:
Vatican Bars Use of ‘Yahweh’ In Catholic Churches

Posted by Kendall Harmon

Catholics at worship should neither sing nor pronounce the name of God as "Yahweh," the Vatican has said, citing the authority of both Jewish and Christian practice.

The instruction came in a June 29 letter to Catholic bishops conferences around the world from the Vatican's top liturgical body, the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments, by an explicit "directive" of Pope Benedict XVI.

"In recent years the practice has crept in of pronouncing the God of Israel's proper name," the letter noted, referring to the four-consonant Hebrew "Tetragrammaton," YHWH.

That name is commonly pronounced as "Yahweh," though other versions include "Jaweh" and "Yehovah." But such pronunciation violates long-standing Jewish tradition, the Vatican reminded bishops.

Read it all.
Offline Yada  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:52:38 PM(UTC)
Yada

From Yada:

Quote:
I read the comment from a forum member who said "the divorce is complete. We are on our own." There is some truth to this.

In the God Damn Religion volume, Yahushua's open Revelation letters depict (what can be none other than) the Roman Catholic Church, becoming "the seat of Satan," "marrying Jezebel (Satan in the guise of the Lord, Bel, Ba'al, and the Whore of Babylon)," and being "dead." By way of their covenant with the Whore of Babylon,Yahushua predicted this divorce. While it occured a long time ago, banning Yahweh's name makes it complete.

We are approaching the time in which the main characters in Yah's drama are predicted to replace the understudy and return to center stage. The last days are about a revival among Yahuwdym--Jews, not Catholics or Christians. The Pope's blasphemous command is further verification that Yahweh's prophetic witness can be trusted.

In the Pope's directive, all Catholics are to acknowledge that "Jesus Christ is Lord." "Jesus" is a 17th century human misnomer based upon Gesus, the Horned One of northern European religions. The basis of "Christ" in Greek is drugged and whitewashed, which is why it is used derogatorily in reference to an eye medicine in the Laodicean open letter. And Satan's Scriptural title is "Lord/Ba'al." The title defines the Adversary's ambition and the reason for his fall.

Therefore, by banning Yahweh, and by renaming Yahushua, the divorce between Catholicism and God is complete. (It's interesting to note that virtually every depiction of "Jesus" in Catholic Churches is powerless, either in Mary's arms (in tribute to the Babylonian Madonna (Jesus and the Madonna even have sun god halos over their heads.)), or nailed to a cross (the sun god's most universal symbol). By doing so, the Vatican is telling its victims that they are in charge.)

The "facts" presented as the basis of the Pope's decree are as faulty as his reasoning. Their justifications are almost universally untrue. I don't know if it is ignorance, or purposeful deceit, and I don't care because it doesn't matter. Ignorance is not an excuse. Yahuweh said: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."

As adopted members of Yah's family, we are not alone. Yet it is true, that while we exist in this world, we are a very small minority. The way is broad and the gate is wide which leads to destruction, and many there are who find it. And the way is narrow which leads to life, and few find it.

Our job, the mission of the few, is to witness to Yahuweh's truth as revealed in His Word while we boldly expose and condemn all corruptions, counterfeits, and paths which lead away from Yah.

Just as another forum member stated: We will continue to shout Yahuweh's name from the rooftops.

Yada
Offline bitnet  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 3:50:37 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Yes, Yada points out what I noted from his work as a faithful scribe. And he also rightly points out that we are not alone. I had written that "we are on our own" in that we cannot expect the churches to support us in acknowledging the Truth, but we are definitely not alone in that the Power and Mighty of Elohim Yahweh shall now break forth in great majesty, doing great works through His Eklessia. And the One whom they denied shall prove Himself beyond all doubt because of, and in spite of, their declarations. HalleluYah!
Offline Matthew  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 4:39:00 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yada wrote:
By the way, Catholicism is "Christian practice," and the RCC has never listened to or respected "Jews," so there is another, what I see as obvious, reason for banning the use of Yahweh's name in Catholic Churches. But what I find interesting, is the timing. This move makes it possible for them to ally with Islam--something I see happening as part of the False Prophet's agenda.

What does Yada mean by "ally" in this case, that the FP will get the kings of the world together to form against the Jews? I thought WWIII was Islam attacking Israel, leading to a complete world war. How will these two evils partner together, will they also partner with Secular Humanism under the Anti-Messiah's rule? I need a briefing with Future History again.

Though, I can see Catholicism and Islam both working together under the name of Allah! Who remembers Pope John Paul kissing the Quran?

Just think, under Bento's watch the Name of Yahuweh was removed from the lips of many people!
Offline BiynaYahu  
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 6:26:20 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Grace and shalom,

Actually if you look at the histories I believe Mohammad had support from the Catholic church in the formation of his religion. Hence, the Muslim beads. It was an attempt to get into the Holy Land without a fight, but we all see how well that turned out. I think if the Mu'adi or whatever (The Muslim Messiah), tells the muslims to join the Catholics and the Vatican tells the Catholics that the ... is Messiah then it's a done deal. It's easy when everyone is blind and feels the goat hair.

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline bitnet  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 7:40:55 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Quote:
It's easy when everyone is blind and feels the goat hair.

Heh-heh! I learnt in sheep101.info that blind people should listen very carefully as sheep say "Baaaa" while goats say "Maaaaa".
Offline BiynaYahu  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 12:00:15 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Grace and shalom,

It wasn't long ago that I learned that the saying, "to pull the wool over one's eyes", came from that story of Ya'acov and Avraham.

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Offline kp  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 12:30:16 PM(UTC)
kp

Matthew, it's important to remember that the "whore of Babylon" is actually described as the mother of harlots. She has spawned both Catholicism and Islam, and every other religious system known to man. As the days grow short (and certainly after the rapture) all of these Babylonian religions will recognize their relationship: they're siblings, after all---they're all children of the Father of Lies. But yeah, it's really disturbing to see them getting this chummy this early in the game. Being who they are, they'll have no problem with Orthodox Judaism per se, but they'll hate Israel, because Yahweh loves them. And Yahweh is their only real enemy. It's getting harder to sit on the fence, my friends. Folks are finally going to have to choose sides.

kp
Offline Yada  
#17 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 4:36:43 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Catholic group calls for more women in Mass texts
By Mallika Rao

A letter was sent from Ohio to Vatican City this month with a message for Pope Benedict XVI backed by thousands of women from around the world.

"We want women to stop being invisible in the church's proclamation," said Sister Christine Schenk, executive director of Cleveland-based FutureChurch. "If you try to make it look like God likes men better than women, people just aren't going to buy it."

FutureChurch, an independent Catholic renewal group that counts some 5,000 members worldwide, is broadcasting a plea ahead of a key Vatican meeting this October. The group wants more Bible passages featuring women to be read at Catholic Masses throughout the world.

So far, FutureChurch has sent more than 18,000 e-mails and letters to bishops, including Benedict, who will preside over the synod on "The Word of God in the Life and Mission of the Church."

"When we heard that the synod was going to focus primarily on Scripture we knew that we had to raise awareness about the hidden women of the lectionary," said Schenk, a member of the Cleveland-based Congregation of St. Joseph.

The body of scriptural texts read at Mass every day, known as the lectionary, is determined by the Vatican. For churchgoers who seldom read the Bible, those extracts may comprise their only knowledge of the holy book, Schenk said.

And women are conspicuously absent from the lectionary, she added.

"When you can show a systematic exclusion of biblical women leaders in the text," she said, "it sends a really unhealthy message to our daughters and our sons."

Read on

Yeah, right - how about the Vatican removing/banning the use of the Name "Yahweh?" I wonder if that's going to be discussed at the synod.
Offline Yada  
#18 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 4:57:30 PM(UTC)
Yada

I was sitting in a Catholic dhat room on PalTalk as they were talking about how wrong it was for American politicians to try and remove "God" from government proceedings, schools, etc.

I asked them if they were aware of the Vatican recently banning the use of Name "Yahweh" from Catholic liturgy - not a single person responded.

Sad.
Offline Matthew  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 12:20:27 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Yada wrote:
I asked them if they were aware of the Vatican recently banning the use of Name "Yahweh" from Catholic liturgy - not a single person responded.

Instead of "not a single person responded" I thought your sentence would end something like "I was kicked out." Yada, I assume you were quite graceful in your approach?

On a few blogs - like this one - some Catholic have described their regrets but then just continue saying "It's not that great a hymn. We will live" concerning the hymn You Are Near!

It is sad.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 12:42:24 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Matthew wrote:
On a few blogs - like this one - some Catholic have described their regrets but then just continue saying "It's not that great a hymn. We will live" concerning the hymn You Are Near!

It is sad.

It blows my mind that they all think of the name of the Almighty loving creator of all that is good, pleasant, and beneficial as just another word. I nice alternative to god or lord
Offline Samuel  
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:22:55 AM(UTC)
Samuel

Dude i just want to say I love this forum!!! Keep it running we have to keep speaking and seeking the truth! Good Job you guys!!! Yahweh works thru all of his elect!!! Hallelujah!!!
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline Samuel  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:25:23 AM(UTC)
Samuel

My thought is who gave man permission to remove the Divine Name and Title of Yahweh our Elohim!!! If Yahweh didnt want us to know his name, he would of never told Moses to tell us! This is a sad day indeed! I knew something was wrong when i woke up this morning, gas rose up from 3.28 to 3.45 im in Texas man!!! But after hearing this now i know why my spirit was partially down!!! Be blessed yall!
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline visitor  
#23 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 10:20:37 PM(UTC)
visitor

If I read the reports from the Catholic sources correctly, aren't they doing this out of respect? I mean, I love and respect my father and call him "dad." How often do you address your father by his first name? This for me would be unusual and show a degree of informality and, I think, lack of respect for him and his role as my father.

What does everyone else think? Isn't this what the Catholic Church is attempting to do?
Offline kp  
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 7:43:47 AM(UTC)
kp

That's what they'd like you to believe, visitor, but their intention (like that of the rabbis) is something very different. In order to deify man, they must obscure the identity of God. You ask, (quite reasonably) "How often do you address your father by his first name?" Normally, you wouldn't, speaking to him in his presence. But speaking about him to other people, you'd either have to use his name or risk confusion or misinformation about the object of your discussion. And Yahweh is not the father of confusion. But purposely obfuscating the name of God is essential to the agenda of the Catholic hierarchy and rabbinical Judaism as well, whether their sheeple realize it or not.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:22:57 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Also - its very clear in scripture that we are ment to know and use His Name... He WANTS us to use it, that should be reason enough to use it.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline BiynaYahu  
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2008 2:17:19 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Love, and wisdom from our father YAHUWEH everyone,

visitor wrote:
This for me would be unusual and show a degree of informality and, I think, lack of respect for him and his role as my father.

I think it is a mistake for us to apply our humanistic fleshy tendencies to our daddy. I personally know a young girl, four years old to be exact, how both calls her father dad/daddy, and Anthony. While she isn't the 'most' well behaved child in the world. She is far from a terrible kid, and I wouldn't call her disrespectful. In fact her mother isn't a fan of being called by her first name by her children, and the little girl is smart enough to make the distinction, and respectful enough that she doesn't call her mother anything but mom/mommy. While I'm not sure how having two standards to conform to is going to affect her I personally think she, as she matures, will simply understand that her mom, and dad are two different people, and that is that. I personally call our dad by dad, daddy, father, god, and YAHUWEH. Heck, I've even made a joke at his expense once, or twice, and I can tell you that from the jolt of joy and laughter it caused in me I can be fairly certain he thought it was funny. So, in the end it's not about the exact words that we use, but our mindset. Do you think, visitor, that if you were to use god's name a little more often it would cause you to lose respect for him, or that despite the extreme respect you do have for him he will consider you disrespectful, or do you think that he who knows your heart, and has known you since before you were will understand you do respect him? I mean in the end as Robski has put out there he asked us to use his name. So, is it disrespectful to call him YAHUWEH, or is it disrespectful to ignore his wishes?

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Offline Yada  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 3:51:37 AM(UTC)
Yada

I found this today online. It's a short article/booklet put out by Yahweh's Restoration Ministry entitled, "But I Speak English." Here's a short description:

Quote:
A typical argument is, “I don’t call on Him by His Hebrew Name because I speak English.” Does a person change his name when traveling to foreign lands in which a different language is spoken? Or is his name the same everywhere he goes?

The articles opens with:

Quote:
All faiths and religions have identifying characteristics that distinguish them and the one they worship from all others. These features are instantly recognizable.

For instance, you hear the word “Hindu” and you think of a man in shorts, sitting cross-legged with hands resting on his knees, palms up, meditating on his trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Siva. His deities, with their unique names, embody a well-defined worship, faith, and set of practices unique to Hinduism.

Similarly, when you hear the word “Islam” visions of ornate mosques come to mind and turban-headed men on their knees bowing toward Mecca with foreheads touching the ground as they worship Allah and practice the dictates they claim are demanded.

These and nearly all other religions have a worship that is consistent with the name of the one they worship. They would be quick to tell you that worshiping any other way in any other name is not worshiping Brahma…or Allah. The deity’s name invokes a unique regimen of worship. This fact should be self-evident.

Closer to home, what comes to mind by the term Roman Catholicism? The pope is prominent here. But unlike other faiths, he and his followers worship a mighty one by the generic term G-o-d. They believe this unnamed mighty one requires a specific kind of worship as well, including the rosary, veneration of Mary and saints, Sunday worship, mass, sacraments and popular holidays.

An offshoot of the Roman Church is the Protestant movement. Protestants worship the same nameless mighty one using the same nonexclusive title “G-o-d.” Nevertheless, they believe that their eternal one that goes by the same common title the Roman Church uses demands a whole different practice of faith. Although they worship the same “G-o-d,” more than 500 Protestant divisions don’t agree on that worship even among themselves, as they hold clashing beliefs and much different doctrines. Amazingly, few people ever give this profound oddity a second’s worth of thought...

Read on

Regarding the question/comment that "visitor" raised earlier in this thread, I found this excerpt:

Quote:
You don’t mind when a stranger calls you “friend,” or “sir,” or “ma’am.” In fact you expect an unfamiliar person to use such terms. But once you are introduced and you develop camaraderie with that individual, you would feel put off if he or she continued to call you the generic “sir” or “ma’am.” Your supposed friend would be rejecting the bond that using your personal name engenders.

I thought the article made some good points. Let me know what you think.
Offline bitnet  
#28 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:02:38 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

And so it is... required that we revere Him properly as our Creator, Sustainer and Saviour. But above all, He is Yahweh, our most trusted friend, ally, companion. He is, above all, everything to each of us who know Him by His name.
Offline Yada  
#29 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 5:15:02 AM(UTC)
Yada

I found this photo online. I guess it's OK to light candles in front of idols but not to use God's Name - Yahweh.

So, like Yada's asks, "Who do you trust - God or man?"
Yada attached the following image(s):
popes lights candle.jpg
Offline In His Name  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:47:50 AM(UTC)
In His Name

When I asked my catholic family if they had heard about the ban, I got back a press release and a personal statement about it showing respect to God and Jews to which I responded:

I have already read many of the press reports and news stories, I had wondered if there was anything being said locally. I'm afraid I don't get it. I am ALL for respecting Him and His name, but doesn't that mean we should do what He said in regards to His name:
Exodus 3:15
God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.' This ismy name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.
Exodus 9:16
But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
Psalm 91:14
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

How can we remember His name if we don't know it, how can we proclaim His name if we can't speak it, how can we acknowledge His name if we won't use it? YWHW placed his name in the old covenant text 7000 times (everytime you see LORD, YWHW has been copy edited out), who are we to remove it?

Following the example of the Jewish religious can hardly be considered respectful to YWHW, they not only disregarded His Name (they changed the Bible text by removing his name), but they also disregared His teaching and Himself by demanding crucifixtion. We need to support the Jewish people, but the Jewish religion is no better now than when He was here.

Are we also denying the Savior's name? There is no j in ancient languages, not Hebrew or Aramaic or Greek. Jesus is a bad translation(?). The best translation we have (from original texts) is Yahshua or Yahushua.
Revelation 3:8
I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not deniedmy name.

I probably have more questions than answers, but I can't disregard what is written in Scripture. We have more original text available now and these show the changes that have been made. As for the editing-out of YHWH, most Bibles will tell you in their acknowledgements that they have followed tradition and LEFT OUT His name. (didn't He say we were not to change His Word)

Without compelling scriptural evidence to the contrary, I will have to go with YWHW's Word on this one.

I hope this will start them thinking, but some are very entrenched. I pray Yahweh will open their hearts and minds.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yah Tselem  
#31 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 9:33:33 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

A very close friend of mine is Catholic, but he disagrees with some of it and we have had a few good discussions about it. I am posting our e-mails (w/ his permission) about the topic of the catholics banning the name Yahweh. The intention of this is so that after there are a few replies with comments, etc.. then I will let him know and he will come to the forum & read them and then if he has questions or comments, he (may) post something and then he can get some views from you guys. The key thing to remember is that this person has said that he wants to know the truth. So here goes:

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:27 PM
To: S
Subject: Yahweh

Hey we haven't had a spiritual chat in awhile..
When you have time, and if interested, take a look at this.

If you read this post: http://forum.yadayahweh.....aspx?g=posts&t=1230 , you can see that(yesterday, Aug 13) the Vatican has banned the use of the name of "Yahweh" in the RCC(Roman Catholic Church), !!! there are links once you get on this link to show you the source of each news article and the full stories.

Ouch...

Here is some info as to why that is a huge step in the wrong direction.
The following is a quote from the book "YadaYahweh" and I'll post the link to the particular chapter after the quote:

(begin quote) "Our translations either butcher or replace most names and titles, including all of the most important ones. For example, none of the seven names or titles attributed to divinity (errantly rendered as: Lord, Jesus, Christ, God, Father, Spirit, or Son) were written out on any page of any of the pre-Constantinian Greek manuscripts of the Renewed Covenant. Placeholders were uniformly used to tell us where to insert: Yahuweh, Yahushua, Messiyah-the Anointed Implement of Yah, and Set-Apart Spirit. You may be surprised to learn that God told us His name—Yahuweh—exactly 7,000 times in the Old Covenant—that’s an average of seven times per page. On each occurrence, men elected to copyedit the Creator, erasing His name and replacing it with a title of their own choosing—one associated with Lord/Ba’al, better known as Satan.

There are two reasons that the placeholders were universally used in all of the first through third century manuscripts of the Renewed Covenant. Names like Yahuweh and Yahushua cannot be transliterated using the Greek alphabet. And divine titles are all better explained in the original language—where the words themselves convey important meanings. This shouldn’t have been a problem since God and His human messengers told us where to look for answers—in the Torah, Prophets and Psalms. But sadly, religious men and women have conspired to hide the evidence contained therein. Further exacerbating the problem, most Christians have been misled to believing that their religion serves as the replacement for the Old Covenant’s teachings, not recognizing that there is only one Covenant.

Every name and title Yahuweh chose to reveal conveys essential truths, and yet these messages are routinely ignored. “Jesus” is actually Yahushua; it means “Yah Saves.” The name “Jesus” is manmade, recent, erroneous, and meaningless. Yahushua tells us that Yahuweh manifest Himself in the form of a man, and that as a man, He Himself saved us.(end quote)

The link for this is http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...weh_Genesis_Reshith.YHWH

This is more of a heads up so you know what's going on with the RCC, but if you have questions, feel free to ask, or better yet we can go onto the above forum and ask questions on the forum to get responses from people who have studied it more than I have. I am a member of the forum that corresponds to the 2 links above.
I hope that instead of discarding it, Yahweh's name is shouted from the rooftops of those of the catholic faith that seek the truth about Him.
-T

S's response:
Quote:

This is pretty nitty gritty. Probably more for someone like you than me. We can certainly discuss further but at the end of the day I don't think God would care if I called him Jesus, God, Yahweh or Bud - as long as I paid him a visit and following his word. There are many things about the Catholic faith that I don't agree with and I believe that to be true for many Catholics. But, if it gets you reading the word of God and being a better person then it's ok by me.

S
My response:
Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:59 PM
To: S
Subject: RE: Yahweh

Sorry for the delayed response. I don't think He minds us calling Him God, either, although I certainly don't think He wants us calling Him Jesus or Lord based on what I've learned about those 2 names.. but I guess the point is more that He wants us to know that His personal name is Yahweh. He tells us His name 7,000 times in the original text and men copyedited all of them out. Over and over He told us in the scriptures just how important His name is - so why would a denomination make it illegal to use His name, the name that He told us was so important (one might wonder)?

As one of the many examples, check out Jer 23:27 when you look at the original Hebrew meaning of each word(each Hebrew word defined in parenthesis while scripture is in bold print) - keep in mind it is Yahweh doing the talking:
from YY GDR "Pergamos" chapter:
"They invent and scheme (chashab - calculate, fabricate, plot, and contrive, reckoning and imputing devices, planning to determine value and values) to cause My family ('am - people, specifically Yisra'el) to forget and ignore (shakach - mislay and become oblivious to) My personal name (shem - proper designation, reputation, renown, information, title, honor, character, authority, and position) by their dreams (chalowm - series of feelings, images, and revelations) which through relationships and associations ('asher) they relate and recount (caphar - rehearse, declare, and record; officially enumerating in written material) to mankind ('iysh), to friends, neighbors, companions, fellow citizens and associates (rea'). Sadly broken and cowed through intimidation (ka'ah - to have one's resolve and courage subdued and destroyed; to be disheartened and discouraged) as their fathers ceased to care about, forgot and ignored (shakach - mislaid, allowing to wither, becoming oblivious to) My name because of Ba'al (Ba'al - the proper name of the supreme male sungod divinity of the Babylonians, Phoenicians, Canaanites, and now Israelites meaning Lord, Owner, and Master)?'" (Jeremiah 23:27)

PS- if you are interested, I would like to post our discussion on the forum(without using our names) to see what kind of responses and insights we would get. I think it would be interesting to see some opinions of others and we even might learn something new. Let me know.

T
S's response
Quote:
I'm fine with posting the question/discussion.
Offline Yada  
#32 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 4:34:22 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found this article online. If you go to the page and scroll to the bottom, there are some interesting comments from other readers. For example, here's one excerpt:

Quote:
"A core tenet of Catholicism is the Trinity doctrine. If indeed Jesus IS God, then the *same* rules *must* apply to using the name JESUS as using YHWH or a derivative! Per the Vatican's own logic the name Jesus is *equally* demeaning, or for that matter using *any* proper/personal name."

Here's the main article:

Quote:
Vatican
Yahweh’ not to be used in liturgy, songs and prayers, Cardinal Arinze says

Vatican City, Sep 3, 2008 / 05:30 am (CNA).- The Hebrew name for God is not to be used or pronounced in liturgical celebrations, songs and prayers, Cardinal Francis Arinze, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, has said in a letter addressed to the bishops’ conferences of the world.

The letter concerns the use of the “Tetragrammaton,” the name which uses the four Hebrew letters YHWH. In English the name is pronounced “Yahweh.”

Cardinal Arinze’s letter teaches that the Tetragrammaton is to be translated as the equivalent of the Hebrew title “Adonai” or the Greek title “Kyrios.” He lists as examples five acceptable translations of the title in five European languages: Lord, Signore, Seigneur, Herr, and Señor.

Regarding translations in the liturgical context, the letter instructs, “Adonai” is to be translated in English as “Lord” and the Tetragrammaton YHWH is to be translated as “God.”

Read on
Offline Yah Tselem  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 11:45:32 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

I noticed there were no responses to my Sept 12, '08 post. It would have been nice to get a couple replies so that I could get my friend to post something and then we could get a dialog going with him on the forum. he is seeking truth but being tugged on by family to remain in the RCC..
Offline James  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:17:03 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I think, Yah Tselemm, that you might want to refer your friend to this thread
http://forum.yadayahweh....-and-still-be-saved.aspx

The topic of his name, and it's importance has been discussed at a great length there, and while contrary to what many seem to think, everyone on the forum is not in lock step with why you should or shouldn't use the name Jesus, all the sides are discussed in this thread rather articulately.

As far as directly linked to the idea of the RCC banning the name, I would hope that rather one believes you must use his name, or that it doesn't matter, they would be taken aback if not completely offended by the attempt to cover up his name entirely. He asks us to call him by his name, and so if we know it we should, it's the burden of knowledge,those who don't I think he will understanding, but to ban it's use, particularly by a group that has usurped his authority, is I would think damnable.

My biggest problem with the RCC personally is that they have usurped Yahweh's authority, they claim that the pope has the authority to establish doctrine, and that church doctrine is equal to Scripture. And then when there doctrine contradicts Scripture, they hold there doctrine as superior.

As Yada points out it is a logical impossibility, and I'll paraphrase if your doctrine contradicts the scripture upon which you claim your authority, you invalidate your self.

Hope this helps you Yah Tselemm.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Matthew  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:44:19 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Yah Tselem wrote:
I noticed there were no responses to my Sept 12, '08 post. It would have been nice to get a couple replies so that I could get my friend to post something and then we could get a dialog going with him on the forum. he is seeking truth but being tugged on by family to remain in the RCC..

Yah Tselem, I don't have much knowledge about Catholicism and the Names revomal situation but have you read (not that I have fully) the email exchange between Yada and Cantor? Maybe you can pick one or two things our of there to help your friend in regards to Catholicism in general. Yada really plugs into Catholicism in that conversation. It is not so much about the removal of God's Name but about Catholicism in all its glory. The first 3 links are in the order they were posted by Yada, in the 4th link you can simply download the conversation.

1) #71 http://www.yadanews.com/...tories-II.aspx#post12172
2) #67 http://www.yadanews.com/...Y-Letters.aspx#post12240
3) #69 http://www.yadanews.com/...Y-Letters.aspx#post12250
4) #74 http://www.yadanews.com/...Y-Letters.aspx#post12259

Offline In His Name  
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:57:59 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Yah Tselem wrote:

Although this name issue is probably the single most glaring proof of the translation problems of the Scriptures, I do not believe that salvation is dependent upon knowing his name. However, once the error is personally discovered, I do not understand how a 'believer' can continue with the errant titles and names.

The real question, first stated by Yada and often repeated in this forum is how wrong can a person be (about the correct path to Yahweh) and still be right? I think this is unanswerable by us (certainly not by me :-) ). Only Yahweh has the ability and authority to judge this. We get upset when we see 'believers' not paying attention to aspects of the Yah's path that we have come to understand; we have to remember it doesn't mean they are not saved.

The problem that you have already run into is:
Quote:
"I don't think God would care if I called him Jesus, God, Yahweh or Bud - as long as I paid him a visit and following his word"
I see two openings in this statement.
1. Paid him a visit? What does he mean here, does he have to go to Mass to 'visit' God? Perhaps there is an opportunity to address having a personal relationship with Yah.
2. Follow his Word? Yahweh placed his name in Scripture 7000 times, told us how important His name was, told us to use and revere It, and told us to take it to the ends of the earth. How is he following Yah's word by calling him Bud?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline bitnet  
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 6:40:00 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

At the end of it all, at the Great White Throne Judgement, when Yahweh speaks and introduces Himself to all the believers and unbelievers (Christians and Jews included), He will probably boom out, "I AM YAHWEH!" I'd like to see if anyone would like to call Him Jesus or Buddha or Shiva or Allah then.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#38 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 4:11:19 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Thanks for the responses guys. Now I'm gonna check out the links that James and Matthew left and see what I can find. I'll also direct him to this section of the forum so he can see the responses and he can ask a question if he wants. THANKS
Offline Yah Tselem  
#39 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 10:06:08 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Here is my friend's response to your comments:
Quote:
Just read some of the posts online. A few comments:

'Paid him a visit' doesn't mean go to Church. Although I do. I pray
regularly as well. Which is what I meant. I certainly wouldn't call God
Bud. My point was that I don't think God would think less of me for
referring to him as God or Lord (as I was raised to do) and not Yahweh. My
intention or what's in my heart is what matters most, I believe. Being
raised Catholic, I honestly never heard the word Yahweh. It was not part of
our everyday practice or dialogue. Maybe I'm not a good Catholic? I think
there is much more focus on the New Testament and Jesus - maybe why I'm not
used to that name? I have read the Bible on occasion, certainly not to the
extent you have, and I guess I never noticed this. I don't know what the
intention of the Church was here and I don't think the Catholic Church's
word should take precedent over the Word of God. I think the Church
typically tries to interpret Scripture for us. Although, I'm sure on
occasion they take a position that may contradict Scripture. Honestly, I
don't know what the motivation would be to use God or Lord instead of
Yahweh. My first thought; it's nothing sinister or disrespectful.

Feel free to post.

Here is my response: Growing up Baptist and then non-denominational, I never heard the name Yahweh either. It wasn't until I asked Him to reveal Himself to me that I learned of His name and got a clearer understanding of His nature... Don't get me wrong, I still have a ton to learn. What happened was he began to steer me away from religion and show me the importance of having a relationship with Him. I knew He was speaking to my heart because I kept being led to the same types of messages from different sources (podcasts, websites, books, etc) that all spoke of relationship via trusting Yahweh and his sacrifice, rather than the false teaching of being able to "earn" your way to heaven via good works..
What's in your heart is certainly of great import, but what if much of what you've been taught by religion is not all truth, or has been twisted / distorted?.. if you ask Him to reveal Himself and His truth to you then you will find that your perspective will change as Truth is revealed. According to scripture as it was revealed originally (before being translated) He told us just how important it was to know Him as Yahweh, which means He does care about His name and us knowing His name and more importantly us knowing Him.
If you get a chance, click on the top left "Yada Yahweh" icon and read a chapter.. It is scripture in original Hebrew with the full meaning of each Hebrew word and some commentary. I've read about half of it and I've learned a lot. You may end up with more questions than answers, but the important thing is that we are seeking Truth.
Oh, by the way, calling Him "God" is ok, just so we realize it is a title and not a name, kind of like someone calling you "sir" or "Mister" or "dude".. However, the term "Lord" has dark origins, so I personally avoid it.
According to Yahweh, there is no such thing as a good person, so no need to try to be a good catholic..(Psalm 14) Only God is good, which shows that we need him, as we are nothing without Him..
The new covenant(testament) is great, but it cannot be properly understood without understanding the torah prophets and psalms (which is the old covenant or you know as "old testament")
I look forward to seeing more responses from fellow believers.. You should also feel free to give yourself a name on the forum and reply directly on here.. :)