logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:15:41 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I am really thankful for Yahweh showing us that Sabbath is with in his plan for our lives meaning that we rest. Rest is so important, sometimes I don't rest but when I do I can totally tell the difference.

I was thinking and have been studying the concept of resting or Sabbath, I love the fact that in the favor of Yahweh I have now been given Friday's off to prepare for the Sabbath. But here is my question....

Are we suppose to Sabbath on Friday night starting at sundown to Saturday at sundown, or can we Sabbath one day a week? Is Yahweh's direction day of the week specific??
Offline visitor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:27:27 PM(UTC)
visitor

Hi Tiffany - this is another great question. I think that the key to understanding the importance of the timing of the Sabbath is to first accept that the premise that Yahweh does everything with the objective of teaching us something. I took the following from: Future History, Chapter 3 - In a Manner of Speaking:

All the word "Sabbath" means is "intermission." It’s from a primitive root meaning "to repose, or to desist from exertion." The people of Israel must have appreciated getting a day off, of course, but could it be there was more to the fourth commandment than merely making sure these ex-slaves didn’t work too hard? I mean, it’s the lengthiest commandment of the ten; it seems to me that it’s got to have a deeper meaning than "Kick back and relax now and then, folks. You look like you could use a break." The commandment doesn’t even say anything about going to church (okay, tabernacle), just "Rest on the seventh day."

You can read the complete chapter here: http://futurehistory.yad...ner_of_Speaking.Prophecy

I think that another key element to understand in answering your question is Yahwehs 6 plus 1 formula that runs throughout Scripture. Hopefully, we will be starting a thread on that topic soon.

Yahudim

Edited by user Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:48:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline visitor  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:13:31 PM(UTC)
visitor

Hi Tiffany - I just wanted to follow-up on my earlier post. If I recall (and I am paraphrasing here), after Yahweh instructed Abraham not to harm Issac, He commended Abraham by saying: because you have obeyed me, I know that you love me.

For me that pretty much sums it up - Abraham demonstrated his love for God by obeying Him. Therefore, if Yahweh declares the last day (6 plus 1) as the Sabbath - well, thats good enough for me.

Again, I would encourage you read the whold of Yada Yahweh as there is so much more to understanding and appreciating the importance of the Sabbath. Initially, as you get into the material, it will require an investment of your time but then, you will begin to understand how simple and yet magnificient His plan for us is.

Yada Yahweh: www.yadayahweh.com

Yahudim
Offline Tiffany  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2007 6:43:45 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I love that, because you love me you obey me. It’s true I love Yahweh!!!!!! And because I love Yahweh it is my desire is to totally obey the Word and Set-Apart Spirit. So my question may seem more legalistic than worthwhile but a question none the less...

Is Yahweh specific about the day, because I was thinking this morning what if Yahweh's week started Wednesday, doesn't that mean we should Sabbath Monday night until Tuesday night? As I have noticed that all of our day and most of our calendars are definitely not based on Yahweh, any thoughts??
Offline visitor  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 4:57:05 AM(UTC)
visitor

Hi Tiffany - I dont know if I fully understand your last posting about the actual timing of the Sabbath on the last day of the week - could you explain it to me a bit more please?

Regarding the importance of the Sabbath itself, I came across an interesting passage in Yada Yahweh, Book II : Called-Out Assemblies, Understanding the Basics.

Chapter 6
Taruw’ah
Shout for Joy

To quote:

The Sabbath contains three essential teachings:

1) First, to know Yahuweh, we must set time aside to commune with Him.

2) Second, to live forever, we must acknowledge that we cannot save ourselves, and that it is God’s work, not ours, which counts.

3) Third, to understand Yahweh’s plan and timing, we must come to appreciate that everything follows His pattern of six plus one.

You can find the complete chapter here: http://www.yadayahweh.co..._Assemblies_Taruwah.YHWH

Edited by user Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:51:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Tiffany  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:27:26 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

My questions was based on the teaching that the Sabbath is to be on Friday night until Saturday night, this being the way many Jewish and Christians believers practice Sabbath.

My questioning attitude has come because I have been taught so many things that are false, so now I am constantly wondering and seeking truth and proof. I have never felt that I needed to follow this particular law (being day specific) if you call it that, but I have this overwhelming desire to be in line with Yahweh.

So I was wondering if deep inside somewhere in scripture, is there a way to determine the actual day. Even last night my dad and I were talking about it and he said that it is in Genesis, work 6 days rest 1, so is that it? Is Yahweh that simple?

I am fascinated with the teaching in YY because for the first time the deep questions are finally getting answered. I don't want to be legalistic. I want to be growing into the woman Yahweh created me to be while living/realizing the blessing of being a daughter of Yahweh.

Did that clarify my question?

Tiffany
Offline visitor  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 7:18:40 PM(UTC)
visitor

Hi Tiffany - yes, now I understand your question - thanks. I am going to have to run down some information on the Hebrew vs. pagan calendars - give me a little time.

I did, however, come across some additional information about the Sabbath that I thought would be of interest to you. You can find the complete chapter here: http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...mn_Religion_Jezebel.YHWH

To quote:

Next, we discover something 99.999% of Christians don’t want to think about: "as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath." Yahushua followed the Ten Commandments. He did not repeal or revoke them. The fourth Commandment tells us to keep the Sabbath qodesh - as a day set-apart. The Sabbath is the seventh, or last day of the week. It is Saturday on our pagan calendars. The first day of the week - Sun-day - was named in the honor of the sun god. It is the day all good sungod worshipers paid reverence to their Lord. It should thus not be surprising that Sunday worship was ordained by Constantine, a devil worshipper, not by Yahushua and His disciples.

Please take note of the line I included in bold - any custom good enough for the Messiah, is good enough for me.

More later.

Thanks for your posts and your interest. It a pleasure conversing with you (even if it is only electronically).

Regards.

Offline YY  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2007 12:17:18 PM(UTC)
YY
Man

The direct answer to your question is that the Sabbath begins on Friday at sunset and ends Saturday at sundown. While Saturday is a pagan term, it is the last, or seventh day of the week, and that's what matters.

There are many teachings regarding this day. Its message is that we cannot work for our salvation because on the Sabbath when we draw close to God, we are asked not to do our ordinary work or the work of Yahweh's heavely messenger. The Sabbath is the day God does His best and most important work, and we aren't to compete with Him. In 33 CE, the Miqra of Unleavend Bread fell on a Sabbath, and it represents the time Yahshua paid the price to redeem us by separating His Soul from Yahweh's Spirit. It is a time for us to prioritize our relationship with Yahweh above all else, trusting and relying on our Heavenly Father. And the Sabbath is the model upon which human history and God's plan of redemption are based. Everything of value to our maker is based on six (the number of man) plus one (the number of God) equaling perfection (seven). Man's six millennia are coming to a close in 2033, ushering in the seveth era of Eden on earth during the Millennial Sabbath, which of course will fall on the Sabbath of October 8th, 2033 (which begins on Friday at sunset 6:22, October 7th on our callendars).

In Yada Yahweh you will find an entire chapter dedicated to Sevens.

YY