logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 5:54:39 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Gene Robinson insists he's not...what do you think?

Story Here

Here's a related article about what Homosexuals think the scriptures say

Here

I think they forgot to discuss this one:

Quote:
1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the reign of Elohim? Do not be deceived. Neither those who whore, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals...

What exactly are the Gene Robinson's of the world trying to do other than use deceit for the furthering of license?
Quote:
Lev 18:22 ‘And do not lie with a male as with a woman, it is an abomination.

Lev 20:13 ‘And a man who lies with a male as he lies with a woman: both of them have done an abomination, they shall certainly be put to death, their blood is upon them.

Both the Lev. (Septuagint) verses contain the words arsenos and koiten. (lying with a male). Paul is correlating the compound term, arsenokoitēs to the Septuagint's Leviticus passages and to the Hebrew term, Mishkav Zakur. What version of the Tanakh would the Corinthians have been using?...Hint...they're Greek...The compuund term arsenkoites would have been a neon sign pointing back to Lev 18:22 and 20:13.

In that regard probably more places in in the Letters would be translated with more clarity on homosexuality. Such as:

Quote:
1Ti 1:10 for those who whore, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and for whatever else that is contrary to sound teaching,

Probably a better rendering would be:
Quote:
1Ti 1:10 for those who whore, for men who lie with males, (homosexuals) for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and for whatever else that is contrary to sound teaching

I only say that sodomites should be more specifically translated because of the deceivers and the deceived in the world who proclaim and believe that Sodom's chief crime was inhospitality...

Here is an article which I gave the gist of in this post...it's not to be missed:

Here

I am not trying to focus on homosexuality and act as if idolatry, heterosexual adultery, murder, thievery and the whole of the moral and ethical codex of scriptures are secondary issues, but homosexuality is becoming this gray issue in society at a much faster rate...and that is why I felt that WE must deal with it swiftly and severly.

Shalom and YHWH be with you

Stay Strong

Shalom

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 8:33:32 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Brother shalom82 nails it straight on the head with those Scriptural verses. Let Robinson put his case before Elohim Yahweh and see what transpires. What else is there left to say? Avoid these people who proclaim the Creator and yet perversely transgress His Word and Laws and openly do evil in His sight. If Robinson's congregation does not deal with him properly, they too may held accountable for letting such acts and teachings to go on.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.