logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 9:38:45 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
It really irks me off when I give something to someone to read and then do not read it. It's not like I am asking someone to agree with what I have them read, but I want them to understand where I am coming from. In fact, I would welcome consturctive disagreement. But does that happen? No. They just completely ignore what I give them, base there response on assumptions, and then tell me some stupid bull that makes it obvious that they have no clue what they are talking about. Everyone does this.

So, how in the world are we supposed to "discuss, criticize, or debate the writings and insights revealed in Yada Yahweh" with people.

This always happens. But, it recently annoyed me because I just read the Eden, Nasamah, and Noah chapters. They were not written when I first read YY, and I was waiting until it was all done, but a friend of mine mentioned the flood last week and so I decided to read. He actually calculated how fast the rain would have to come down to flood the entire planet. It was an unbelievable amount. I would say it was an impossible amount. He seemed to think so as well. So, I gave him the Noah chapter to read, thinking that he would read it with an open mind, as he has already turned from alot of the pagan practices of the church (unfortunantly he is falling for the rabbinical aspect of messianic jews now). But, alas, he did not read the chapter, he only read a couple paragraphs that I sent him in an email to get him interested. Obviously he was not interested (though he claims it was "interesting":

Quote:
The Noah's Ark one was interesting, but I am still not sure that interpretation is consistent with what I have read. Yes, we may be putting our "world view" into it, but when it says all life was destroyed on the earth. What am I supposed to think? And I believe that there is evidence of a worldwide flood, particularly the Grand Canyon. And when Julie talked about the land bridge that scientists have discovered existed (how they discovered it i don't know) that broke and let all the water into the lower sea and caused regional flooding, that actually lends itself to the flood very well because the land bridge would have broken or been destroyed by the deluge, except that I don't think that it would have caused a deep enough flood to cover as much of the earth as Noah would have seen all by itself. And it took half a year for the water to begin to recede. That is a long time. Not to mention flood stories that appear in histories of many peoples across the globe that would have descended from Noah had everyone on earth been killed except his family. But I really didn't want to get into a discussion of all that, I was just sharing my calculations according to the translation I read. I was just trying to see how fast the water would have risen if the earth was flooded with the current sea level in forty days...that's all.

If he would have actually read what I gave him, he would realize that nothing he said stands up.

Sorry if it seems I am complaining. I guess things are just getting to me today.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 11:20:25 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I hear ya dude... I hear ya...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Rumpahpumpumpum  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 12:04:30 PM(UTC)
Rumpahpumpumpum

People can profess open-minded attitudes while actually they are intellectually lazy, it seems. So while these individuals are quite happy to go around throwing out statements about how they will at least give these facts a chance, when it comes to the showdown they probably give up after a quick skim-over, thinking they know better and see through what they perceive as a shallow conceit; they then think it's fine to sum the whole experience up with 'yes, yes, that was interesting but I don't buy it...' I've encountered this kind of attitude in a few different contexts outside of YY.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 12:23:12 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome Rum :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Mike  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 1:20:20 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Welcome to the YY forum Rumpahpumpumpum,

Would you happen to play drums? I play drums occasionaly now as a hobby.
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,
Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 2:05:54 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Welcome to the forum Rumpah...!

I know what ya mean Icy! One problem is that they think they're right and that we're wrong, in other words "crazy legalistic people who are trying to be saved by law." My fellow mates are in the Apostolic-Reformation movement and they are tough nuts to crack, they actually just ignore emails.

Offline Rumpahpumpumpum  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 3:08:24 PM(UTC)
Rumpahpumpumpum

Mike wrote:
Welcome to the YY forum Rumpahpumpumpum,

Would you happen to play drums? I play drums occasionaly now as a hobby.
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.

Ahh that was a irl lol moment ahaha.
Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 7:18:44 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

And welcome Rumpahpumpumpum... the LDB (little drummer boy). I know what Icy means and I am almost certain that critical thinking is a lost art in this world of fast everything and false modesty via political correctness. As one who was involved in the advertising, mass media and business marketing, I am fully aware of the short attention span people have nowadays, their poor memory, and their penchant for filling their minds with inane information. The world's merchants, politicians and teachers have brought us to the point so it really is no wonder that people do not want to delve into subject matters that may affect their worldview. Within a span of two to three generations we have devolved into mindless consumers, not questioning products or people in fear of polarizing politics. The abundance of choice is choking the mind and the requirement for instant decisions despite the lack of clarity affects choice. Imagine what would have happened if the present generations were in1940!

That said, we did go through some of the worst things in between WWI and WWII, and we are now displaying the exact same symptoms of the people in the early 1920s. History is about to repeat itself, and when events move like they did in the 1930s you can be sure that we will end up like we did in the early 1940s. Sigh! Where is the furthest point on this planet that is reasonably comfortable for raising grain and farm animals?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Icy  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:10:22 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Welcome Rumpah.

I sometimes wonder (at least in realation to YY) if this kind of attitude in people is set there by Yahuweh. Has he hardened their hearts? Does he keep those he has not called from reading it? Because, I don't see how any thinking person could read YY and not see the truth right there in the scripture. Nevermind Yada's commentary, the Scripture speaks for itself.

I couldn't remember what my friends numbers were on the rainfall issue in the flood that prompted the whole discussion, so I looked it up (too lazy to calculate it myself):

Quote:
Another problem I see with the Global Flood is that with Mt. Everest being 29,035 feet (8,850 m) above sea level, it would have to rain on the entire globe an average of about 6 inches (15.2 cm) per minute for 40 days and 40 nights. The recorded world record for rainfall in one minute is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) - -and it occurred at one remote location, not globally, and only for that one minute, not at a constant rate for an extended period of time. According to Genesis 7:20, all the earth was covered by 15 cubits which would equate to about 25 feet (7.6 m). So, with Mt. Everest being the highest point in the world, that would equate to 29,060 feet (8,860 m) of water above sea level. Anyone familiar with SCUBA diving knows that ocean water pressure at 33 feet (10 m) equals one atmosphere of air on earth. Fresh water is 34 feet per atmosphere, so we're not talking about a big difference either way. At 33 feet of water per atmosphere, if we are under 29,060 feet (8,860 m) of water in the form of vapor in the air before the rain began, this would equate to air pressure at the earth's surface of approximately 12,775 psi as compared to the actual earth surface air pressure of a mere 14.5 psi. (29,060 divided by 33 equals about 881. 14.5 psi times 881 equals about 12,775 psi.) It would be impossible for anything to live under these conditions in that not only would the air pressure be too great, but as a result of such intense pressure, the ambient temperature at the earth's surface would be unbearably hot. And we're not talking triple digits hot; we're probably talking quintuple digits hot. Anyone with an elementary level of knowledge in physics knows that as a gas expands under reduced pressure, its temperature decreases, and as a gas contracts under increased pressure, its temperature increases. This is the primary reason why air at the earth's surface at higher elevations is generally cooler than that of lower elevations at the same latitude.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:42:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified