logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 5, 2008 10:44:21 PM(UTC)
Yada

I thought we might start a thread where we simply post various interesting quotes and comment of the same. Here's a couple to get 'the ball rolling.'

Quote:
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
"I still have faith in Jesus Christ, but I've really totally lost my faith in the Catholic Church. "

--Randy Becker of Colorado, who alleges he was molested by a Catholic priest, commenting to The New York Times after the Archdiocese of Denver agreed to pay $5.5 million to settle 16 abuse lawsuits

Quote:
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
"That's painful for me to see. I've met very few people committed to goodness the way Tom is. We disagree on a lot of things. ... But even with different faiths and different beliefs, at the end of the day, goodness is goodness. "

--Actor Will Smith, talking to USA Today about how actor Tom Cruise is treated because of his membership in the Church of Scientology.

And, one I've already included in another thread but thought was particularly amusing:

Quote:
Friday, June 27, 2008
"The Pope does not wear Prada, but Christ."

--The official Vatican newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano, in an article by Spanish writer Juan Manuel de Prada, in an article entitled “Liturgical Vestments According to Ratzinger.”

Finally,

Quote:
Thursday, June 26, 2008
"Look, I am just glad he went to church. "

--House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, responding to a question about whether Sen. Barack Obama's presidential bid will be hampered by his controversial former pastor. She was quoted by “On the Record With Greta Van Susteren.” (June 25).

Any comments?

Edited by user Sunday, July 6, 2008 3:28:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 6:10:56 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
"Spirit to me is the essence of who we are. That essence doesn't require any particular belief. It just is."
-Oprah Winfrey
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 10:08:02 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What should they find incredible since they no longer believed in a rational universe? What should they regard as too obscene, since they held that all morality was a mere subjective by-product of the physical and economic conditions of men?
~C.S. Lewis, That Hideous Strength: Page 203
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Yada  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2008 2:13:57 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
"I hope that it is Kabbalah's lesson that she is not the center of the universe."
-Christopher Ciccone, author of "Life With My Sister Madonna."

source
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2008 2:38:05 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
"I grew up as a Presbyterian. Presbyterians thought the Methodists were wrong. Catholics thought all Protestants were wrong. The Jews thought the Christians were wrong. So, what I'm financing is humility. I want people to realize that you shouldn't think you know it all. "
-The late John Templeton, who died Tuesday (July 8) at the age of 95, discussing the Templeton Prize for Progress Toward Research or Discoveries About Spiritual Realities. His quote comes from a 2005 interview with Business Week.
Offline Yada  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2008 2:51:15 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
"The “deputy clerk that waited on them suspected something was amiss, or, actually, a mister. "

--Gary Anderson, chief deputy clerk in Newport News, Va., on the attempt in March of two men to get married. One of the men told Virginia clerks he was a woman. Anderson was quoted by The Washington Post.
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2008 10:52:09 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote of the Day:

Quote:
"Rev. Jackson is my dad and I'll always love him. ... He should keep hope alive and any personal attacks and insults to himself.” "

--Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr., D-Ill., responding to crude comments made on Sunday (July 6) by his father, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, about Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., that were caught by a microphone he didn't realize was on.

source
Offline shalom82  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2008 9:40:34 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Some from George Washington Carver:

Quote:
I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.

Quote:
Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God

These quotes seem perhaps esoteric to some, but I find they are very very true. I cannot help but look at the seemingly insignificant seed of an apple and marvel at it. Scientists who have separated creation from the creator have emasculated it, made it a cold, sterile, and often ruthless shadow of what it's true significance is. Those intellectuals love to receive accolades and admiration...recognition from their peers...yet they do their damnable best to make sure that YHWH remains thankless and unrecognized.

A funny one!...and one that I think rings true...we all have our own individual gifts bestowed upon us by our Creator that are to be used for the benefit of all of YHWH's creation...in every sphere and discipline.
Quote:
“When I was young, I said to God, 'God, tell me the mystery of the universe.' But God answered, 'That knowledge is for me alone.' So I said, 'God, tell me the mystery of the peanut.' Then God said, 'Well George, that's more nearly your size.' And he told me.”

Quote:
“We have become ninety-nine percent money mad. The method of living at home modestly and within our income, laying a little by systematically for the proverbial rainy day which is due to come, can almost be listed among the lost arts.”

Ding Ding Ding!!!! Jackpot...a quote made for an America that is today's America!
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Yada  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:04:09 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Quote of the Day:

"I told my class he's the most unlikely evangelist you can imagine, compared to the curly haired Billy Grahams and Oral Robertses, who were attractive people. This guy's kind of short, fat and bald, with tattoos on his arms. He looks like a hippie. ... In a way it's a positive, because he's very much of the common man. "

--Vinson Synan, a professor of church history at Regent University in Virginia Beach, Va., commenting to the Associated Press about controversial revivals in Lakeland, Fla., led by Canadian evangelist Todd Bentley.

And, in a related story:

Quote:
Kicking and screaming, but is he healing?
By Travis Reed/ Associated Press

The 32-year-old Canadian, tattooed to the fingers and neck, puts a palm to the forehead of the sick, desperate and faithful. Mr. Bentley yells, "Bam," they collapse and he proclaims them cured. Attendees dance in the aisles, shout to heaven, laugh, shake violently and cry.

source

Edited by user Saturday, July 19, 2008 1:47:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yada attached the following image(s):
bentley.jpg
Offline Yada  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:10:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Quote of the Day:

"You can purchase anything off the Internet except common sense. "

--Kentucky Zoo Reptile Director Jim Harrison, commenting on the arrest of pastor Gregory James Coots, who practices snake handling in his Kentucky church. State officials found 60 snakes, many of them deadly, in Coots' Appalachian home. Harrison was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:19:41 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Quote of the Day:

"The good Lord was sold out for 30 pieces of silver. We were sold out for $70 a share. "

--Dave Liszewski, who has worked at the Anheuser-Busch brewery in St. Louis for 30 years, expressing his anger over the company's sale to a Belgian company. He was quoted by The New York Times
Offline Yada  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 4:10:17 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Quote of the Day:

"On the upside, at least the gulls are being good parents and trying to protect their young. You can't begrudge them that. "

--The Rev. Graham Minors, vicar of St. Peytroc's Church in Cornwall, England, on the aggressive sea gulls near his church that are guarding a young chick. Minors has donned a hard hat and an umbrella to protect himself from the birds' dive-bombs.
Offline Yada  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 4:13:00 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, July 17, 2008

"If someone who listens to Howard Stern happens to turn to the Catholic Channel one day and doesn't realize for a couple of minutes that what he's listening to is the Catholic Channel, well, I'm not going to be upset about that. We recognize that Catholics are listening to Howard Stern. What we want people to know is that they can talk about all the same things he does, but in a Catholic context." "

--Joseph Zwilling, spokesman for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York and general manager of the Catholic Channel on Sirius Satellite Radio. He was quoted by The New York Times.
Offline Yada  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:05:41 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Quote of the Day:

"From a political standpoint, why would they let go an evangelical, Hispanic veteran? I represent three major voting groups. "

--Former U.S. Attorney David Iglesias of New Mexico, writing in his recent book, “In Justice: Inside the Scandal that Rocked the Bush Administration,” about the Justice Department's decision to fire seven U.S. attorneys -- including himself -- in one day. He was quoted in the Opinion blog of dallasnews.com.
Offline Yada  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2008 2:25:50 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Quote of the Day:

"I don't call that communication. The last I checked, the four evangelists weren't Matthew, Mark, Luke and Xerox. "

--Alden Hagardorn of New Orleans, accusing the Archdiocese of New Orleans of sending out form letters in response to parishioner complaints about church closings. He was quoted by The Times-Picayune of New Orleans.
Offline Yada  
#16 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2008 5:45:19 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, July 25, 2008

"When we live myopically in the fleeting present, oblivious of our past heritage and apostolic traditions, we could well be suffering from spiritual Alzheimer's. And when we behave in a disorderly manner, going whimsically our own way without any coordination with the head or other members of our community, it could be ecclesial Parkinson's. "

--Cardinal Ivan Dias, prefect of the Vatican's Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, addressing Anglican bishops at the Lambeth Conference in Canterbury, England. The Vatican has looked askance at developments in the Anglican Communion, especially the consecration of women bishops.
Offline Yada  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 28, 2008 1:28:24 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, July 28, 2008

"In world affairs today, the rule should not be the argument of force but the force of argument. "

--Mustafa Ceric, grand mufti of Bosnia, who will participate in an interfaith conference of Christian and Muslim scholars at Yale Divinity School this week (through July 31). He was quoted by Reuters.

source
Offline Yada  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:36:58 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"When I was asked if the shooter would go to hell, I replied that he must have been living in his own private hell for years. "

--The Rev. William Sinkford, president of the Unitarian Universalist Association, in a statement Tuesday (July 29) after visiting the Unitarian church in Knoxville, Tenn., that was the site of a shooting rampage on Sunday that killed two and wounded eight others.
Offline Yada  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:25:00 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Thank heavens we Episcopalians exist, otherwise Pope Benedict would be heading up the world's only openly dysfunctional Christian sect. "

--Boston Globe columnist Alex Beam, on the Anglican Communion's Lambeth Conference, currently meeting in Canterbury, England
Offline Yada  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:05:27 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, July 31, 2008

"As a Catholic American politician, I know enough about Islam to know that I don't know enough about Islam -- and when it comes to Islam, American politicians ought to do a lot more listening and maybe a little less talking. "

--Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., speaking Tuesday (July 29) at an interfaith conference at Yale Divinity School.
Offline Yada  
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2008 12:13:19 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, August 01, 2008

"Just as we promise to seek to move beyond the stereotyping of Muslims found in the media, can I ask you, my Muslim friends, to get to know us beyond what is reported in the newspapers and television programs? "

--The Rev. Geoff Tunnicliffe, international director of the World Evangelical Alliance, speaking about the meeting of Muslim and Christian scholars that ended at Yale Divinity School on Thursday (July 31). He was quoted by Reuters.
Offline Yada  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:35:28 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, August 04, 2008

"He completes me. I don't even know if marriage is the proper term; I feel like he's my husband. "

--Bernadette Snyder, who recently became a consecrated perpetual virgin in the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, Va., speaking of her relationship with Jesus Christ. She was quoted by The Virginian-Pilot.
Offline Yada  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:13:42 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"... (M)uch of the white evangelical opposition to Mr. Romney is not based on principle. It is simply old-fashioned bigotry -- a discomfort with Mr. Romney's Mormon faith. White evangelicals need to be reminded that this is America -- a republic where neither religious convictions nor the lack thereof disqualifies a politician from office. "

--An Aug. 3 editorial in The Washington Times, published days after the newspaper reported on white evangelicals' preference for former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee as a running mate for Sen. John McCain rather than former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.
Offline Yada  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 2:37:44 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"If this denomination doesn't get desperate for God's Son and a movement of the Holy Ghost of God in our denomination again, we're in trouble. ... Attendance at the recent (Southern Baptist) convention in Indianapolis dropped 20 percent. You can't do that very often and not be in serious trouble.” "

--Southern Baptist Convention President Johnny Hunt, who was elected in June, speaking at the annual summer leadership meeting of the denomination's North American Mission Board in Atlanta in late July.
Offline Yada  
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:17:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, August 07, 2008

"Basically I see the entire `Vampire Chronicles' as a search for God, a search for the light. The vampire was a metaphor for me, in the atheistic world, grieving for a lost faith, for the lost possibility of grace. "

--Novelist Anne Rice, author of “Vampire Chronicles,” in an interview with the Rev. Dwight Longenecker at First Things.
Offline Yada  
#26 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 2:54:03 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, August 08, 2008

"I heard myself saying a lot, `God, you can't ask this of me. You can't ask this of my family. This is too much. We can't do this.' "

--Christian singer/songwriter Steven Curtis Chapman, speaking on CNN's “Larry King Live” Thursday (Aug. 7), about his initial reaction to the death of his youngest daughter Maria, who died in May in his family's driveway after being struck by a vehicle driven by her older brother.
Offline Yada  
#27 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2008 1:15:53 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, August 11, 2008

"I was surprised at several points at questions of me and others of our bishops about basic theological tenets and whether we really believe them or not. It's a reminder that even though we may assume that all Anglicans believe the basics of the faith, not everybody believes that we believe them. "

--Episcopal Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori, in an online webcast reflection on the recently concluded Lambeth Conference, which brought more than 650 Anglican bishops to Canterbury, England.
Offline Yada  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 12:49:57 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
"I love people. I'm guilty of that. "

--Victoria Osteen, wife of Houston megachurch pastor Joel Osteen. She testified Friday (Aug. 8) in a trial in which a flight attendant has accused her of assault over a spill on a first-class seat. Osteen, who co-pastors Lakewood Church with her husband, was quoted by the Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:42:15 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"(House Speaker Nancy) Pelosi is committed to her global warming fanaticism to the point where she has said that she's just trying to save the planet. We all know that someone did that over 2,000 years ago, they saved the planet -- we didn't need Nancy Pelosi to do that. "

--Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Minn., offering her take on federal energy policy. She was quoted by One News Now, distributed by the American Family Association.
Offline Yada  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 3:33:06 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, August 15, 2008

"Look at the attention I get: It's because I throw a football. But that's what society values. That's not what God values. God could give a s--t, as far as I'm concerned. He didn't invent the game. We did. I have some eye-hand coordination, and I can throw the ball. I don't think that matters to God. "

--New England Patriots star quarterback Tom Brady, on spirituality and football. Brady was quoted in Esquire magazine.
Offline Yada  
#31 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 1:28:41 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, August 18, 2008

"The fact is that megachurches aren't -- and never have been -- solely grandiose political pens in which only Republican elephants lumber about. "

--Scott Thumma, co-author of “Beyond Megachurch Myths,” writing in a commentary in USA Today following the political forum at Pastor Rick Warren's Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif., with Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama.
Offline Yada  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:23:37 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I called up and said, `I'm taking a shot in the dark. It's dark. Let's bring in some light.' "

--Rabbi Robert Eisen of Congregation Anshei Israel in Tucson, Ariz., quoted by the Arizona Daily Star on his decision to invite the Rev. Glen Elliott, the leader of one of his city's larger evangelical churches, to a public event Wednesday (Aug. 20) to explain evangelical Christian beliefs.
Offline Yada  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:24:41 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"I would love to be fair for everyone. But sooner or later, if they can see God through me , that's what I want to try to do. I'm not God, and I can't drive them to God, but I can pray for them. "

--U.S. Olympic archery coach Kisik Lee responding to charges that he tried to impose his faith on his team. He was quoted by The New York Times (Aug. 19).
Offline Yada  
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:53:47 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, August 21, 2008

"There's no absolutely right candidate for an evangelical, and there's no absolutely wrong candidate. They're both right, and they're both wrong. "

--Cameron Strang, editor of Relevant magazine, quoted by The Washington Post, speaking of presidential candidates Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama.
Offline Yada  
#35 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 4:29:47 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, August 22, 2008

"I'll kind of be the elephant in the room, but it really says something about how far Senator Obama is reaching out. "

--Florida megachurch pastor Joel Hunter, quoted by The Washington Post, about his upcoming delivery of a benediction at the Democratic National Convention. Hunter is a registered Republican who has not endorsed Obama.
Offline Yada  
#36 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 10:47:09 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, August 25, 2008

"I pray that the waters of the District of Columbia be converted by faith to the rivers of Jordan. "

--Bishop C.M. “Sweet Daddy” Bailey, new leader of the Washington-based United House of Prayer for All People, at a mass outdoor baptism Sunday (Aug. 24), where fire hydrants provided the baptismal water. Bailey was quoted by The Washington Post (Aug. 25).
Offline Yada  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:57:34 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"(God) owns everything; He owns the gas. All we to do is ask, and we shall receive. "

--Seventh-day Adventist Rocky Twyman of Rockville, Md., explaining why he holds vigils to pray for lower fuel prices. He was quoted by The Associated Press (Aug. 20).

Edited by user Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:43:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Yada  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:37:34 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"A lot of people hear (about a broader agenda) and they think, `Oh, evangelicals are giving up on believing that life begins at conception.' They're not giving up on that at all. Not at all. "

--Megachurch pastor Rick Warren, speaking to The Wall Street Journal about what he thinks is a misunderstanding by the news media.
Offline Yada  
#39 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2008 2:01:38 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Appealing to the selfish motives of people is not Christianity. "

--Nathan White, an Atlanta-area Baptist, on churches that use gas-card raffles and other events to attract people to services. White was quoted by The Associated Press (Aug. 28).
Offline Yada  
#40 Posted : Friday, August 29, 2008 3:03:38 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, August 29, 2008

"We came to pray peacefully. Why did they have to beat us? "

--Vietnamese Catholic Nguyen Thi Phuc, who had blood on her face as Hanoi police beat parishioners demanding the return of land taken by Vietnam's communist government in the 1960s. She was quoted by The Associated Press (Aug. 28).
Offline Yada  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 1:57:27 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"It's hard to explain the psychological effect this has on a prisoner, what it meant to know we hadn't been forgotten at a time when we thought we didn't exist. The voice of the Holy Father was like a light. "

--Former hostage Ingrid Betancourt, speaking Monday (Sept. 1) after meeting with Pope Benedict XVI in Rome, to thank him for his support -- which she heard on a radio -- while she was held in a Colombian jungle by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia. She was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 1:49:23 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"Sarah comes in with all this ideological stuff, and I was like, `Whoa.' But that got her elected: abortion, gun rights, term limits and the religious born-again thing. "

--John C. Stein, former mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, who was defeated by Sarah Palin (now Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential nominee) in 1996. He was quoted by The New York Times.
Offline Yada  
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:11:38 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, September 04, 2008

"To be Irish was to be Catholic was to be Democrat. "

--Sen. Joseph Biden, Democratic nominee for vice president, speaking in his hometown of Scranton, Pa., about the political climate in which he was raised. He was quoted by The Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#44 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 9:22:19 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, September 05, 2008

"They have expanded and gilded the cage in which people of religious faith operate in the People's Republic of China, but it's still a cage. ... "

--Richard Land, a Southern Baptist executive who serves on the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, about the relative increase in religious expression in China. He was quoted by Baptist Press.
Offline Yada  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:43:47 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"I think it makes me more approachable, and I haven't heard any grumbles. I did walk down the street in biker boots, my hot pants and a dog collar and got a few looks. I don't do it to be difficult -- it's just me."

--Skye Denno, a newly ordained deacon in the Church of England who still clings to her punk rock 'n' roll lifestyle. She was quoted by London's Daily Telegraph newspaper.
Offline Yada  
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:44:24 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"At least they're not sleeping. "

--Walt Groff, pastor of the Sunset Oaks Adventist Church in Rocklin, Calif., reacting to congregants, including his son, who send text messages during worship services. He was quoted by Adventist News Network.
Offline Yada  
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:37:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Thursday, September 11, 2008

"We do not call the senator and his wife Jesus, but in his candidacy, the hopes of generations are finding expression. And in that same candidacy, the fears of many are finding fresh life. But it is our prayer always, that hope overrides fear. "

--The Rev. William J. Shaw, president of the National Baptist Convention, USA, speaking at his denomination's annual session in Cincinnati on Wednesday (Sept. 10), when Michelle Obama addressed the meeting. He was quoted by the Dayton Daily News.
Offline Yada  
#48 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2008 2:27:03 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Friday, September 12, 2008

"Just because he's a Democrat and I'm a Republican is no reason we can't worship and serve together. "

--State Rep. Jay Love of Montgomery, Ala., who is a Republican candidate for Congress against Montgomery Mayor Bobby Bright, a Democrat. Both are members and deacons at First Baptist Church of Montgomery. He was quoted by the Associated Press.
Offline Yada  
#49 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:38:47 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Monday, September 15, 2008

"Whenever this bashing comes, this kicking comes, I rejoice. Believe me, I rejoice. I turn it to body lotion and I rub my body with it and I shine for Christ. "

--Anglican Archbishop Peter Akinola of Nigeria, a leading conservative who has been criticized for his outspoken condemnation of homosexuality and refusal to disavow violence against Muslims. He was quoted by recently by “Third Way,” an English Christian magazine.
Offline Yada  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:26:24 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"We fan the deities because in India it is so hot. The idea is, you take care of us, we want you to be comfortable. "

--Rajeev Khanna, a Hindu priest in Fairfax, Va., about fanning Hindu gods in his temple. Khanna was quoted by The Washington Post (Sept. 15)