logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CK  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:31:02 PM(UTC)
CK

Recently I was watching several YouTube videos and came across numerous ones on 'Maitreya'. Pardon my ignorance, but the subject of Maitreya is new to me. Needless to say I watched and listened to several different takes on the subject, even one on how the name equates to 666 in both Hebrew and Greek lettering numerical values, etc. Mention was also made that the name is a take on Mithrus (sp.).
Would appreciate any light that can be shed.

I can sense the trickiness lurking behind all of this. I can see how, considering present day circumstances, people could be easily lead astray by the appeal of the loving-sharing-brotherhoodiness of the message. Cap it off with Ophra Winfrey's latest new age craize, which is attempting to indoctrinate literally millions to self righteous self godliness. (What utter foolishness. What egocentric garbage.)

Shalom. . .

Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:50:02 PM(UTC)
bitnet

"Again, different strokes for different folks, so step this way. You want gods? Here's Hinduism, and the Egyptian, Roman and Greek pantheons. You want monotheism? Here's the Sun. More? Here's the Moon. How about Judaism? Not good enough? Here's Islam. Too radical? Here's Christianity. There's a saviour needed? Here's Christ. Islamic flavour? Sure, here's Mahdi. What? A bit more generic and less controversial with appeal to all? Here's Maitreya. Want more? What, you don't want a God? Here's atheism. You're not sure? Here's agnosticism. People should be gods? Here's humanism. What else do you want? Do I exist? Only in your imagination unless you worship me. Mwah-hah-hah!"

Edited by user Thursday, July 3, 2008 4:54:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Light1  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 5:37:35 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Here's part of a multi-part series: http://video.google.com/...i=7SlySKTaIIaCqwKRhsjCDw
Looks like an AntiChrist wannabe to me!
Offline CK  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2008 11:06:55 PM(UTC)
CK

Thank you Light 1. I'll take a look/listen. Back later. There's a means to my madness about this. :o)

Shalom. . .
Offline Mike  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 7:55:59 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
A friend of mine was watching Star Trek a couple of weeks ago and this commercial came on that disturbed him. Luckily the show was saved to his DVR so I was able to watch it on Sunday. Turns out it was sponsored by Share International so I did some research and it is this Maitreya guy. So this guy had a commercial on national TV. I don't watch TV anymore so I don't know how often this commercial has been on. I was able to find the commercial on You Tube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gkCTHvW0y0. Also there was an artice in Wall Street Journal Market Watch here http://www.marketwatch.com/news...11A-B219-B5A559182416%7D .
Is this guy the false prophet? He is definitely a false prophet!

Shalom,
Mike

The Market Watch link doesn't appear to work, so here is the article

Share International Reveals Christmas Miracle

Last update: 1:03 p.m. EST Dec. 12, 2008
LOS ANGELES, Dec 12, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- For years the world has been filled with miracles of all kinds. In April 1995 Time magazine devoted an eight-page spread to its cover story on miracles and concluded: "People are hungry for signs."
Look now for the biggest miracle of all. In the very near future a large, bright star will appear in the sky visible to all throughout the world -- night and day.
Unbelievable? Fantasy? No, a simple fact. Around a week later, Maitreya, the World Teacher for all humanity, will begin his open emergence and -- though not yet using the name Maitreya -- will be interviewed on a major US television program.
In 1988, CNN and other media reported on Maitreya's miraculous appearance to 6,000 people in Nairobi, Kenya, on Saturday, June 11. A week before the event, a remarkable sign occurred: "On Saturday 4 June a big, bright star was sighted, unusually brighter than ordinary stars," reported Kenya Times editor Job Mutungi.
For over 30 years, artist, author and lecturer Benjamin Creme has been preparing the way for the emergence of Maitreya and his group, the Masters of Wisdom. In May 1982, Creme revealed at a packed press conference in Los Angeles that Maitreya had been living in the Asian community of London since July 19, 1977.
Awaited by all faiths under different names, Maitreya is the Christ to Christians, the Imam Mahdi to Muslims, Krishna to Hindus, the Messiah to Jews, and Maitreya Buddha to Buddhists. He is the World Teacher for all, religious or not, an educator in the broadest sense.
As a modern man concerned with today's problems, Maitreya works behind the scenes of our changing world. The outpouring of his extraordinary energy has been the stimulus for dramatic developments on many fronts: the ending of the cold war; the break-up of the Soviet Union; the reunification of Germany; the ending of apartheid in South Africa; the growing power of the people's voice, leading to demands for freedom and justice; and the worldwide focus on preserving the environment.
Maitreya's message can be summarized as "share and save the world". He will seek to inspire humanity to see itself as one family, and to create world peace through sharing, economic justice and global cooperation.
With Maitreya and his group working openly in the world, humanity is assured not only of survival but of the creation of a brilliant new civilization.
http://www.share-international.org
SOURCE Share International

http://www.share-international.org

Copyright (C) 2008 PR Newswire. All rights reserved End of Story

The claims that he is making are ridiculous. He ended the cold war? ended apartheid? Sure he did (roll the eyes). It seems that we will be hearing more about this guy in the future though.
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 8:49:00 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I watched the clip, somewhat annoying really, some global teacher of loving kindness, seems to be seriously linked to Bhudda. That lead me to another youtube clip called Maitreya Project (4:45 long), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoTST0aB_M8 This clip is about a project to build a giant statue (500ft high) of the Maitreya Bhudda somewhere in Northern India. They say the definition of Maitreya is loving kindness. They plan to provide something called Universal Education. Just Google it and you'll find a link to the project. They also say it will be designed to last a 1000 years. I wonder if Yahweh will have it destroyed during the Tribulation or after?

I notice on the clip Mike provided that links to related videos showing the date of 2012. There seems to be a lot of rumour going around of this date, people say the Planet X, or planet Nibiru, will pass the earth, either colliding or, if I'm not mistaken, a mass abduction of people. The Mayans have this year down as a major event in their predictions, here's an interesting article found on the India Daily website, to quote them: "The biggest clue to what will happen comes from astrophysicists. There is a big possibility that the simultaneous polar reversal in earth and sun will throw the solar system out of whack." Then they recon E.T.'s will save us.

Gosh, don't know if I even should've posted that link, could get me banned, LOL.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 9:28:10 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
wow
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline In His Name  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:01:22 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Quote:

Home >> Master's articles since September 2001

Share International HomeShare International HomeBackground information
Articles by the Master ―
The Master ― is a senior member of the Hierarchy (not Maitreya) of the Masters of Wisdom; his name, well-known in esoteric circles, is not yet being revealed for various reasons. Benjamin Creme is in constant telepathic contact with this Master who dictates His monthly articles to him since 1982. Here you can read the Master's articles written and published after September 2001. All older articles are published in the book 'A Master speaks'.

The only public figure in this is Mr Creme. I suspect the only figure in this is Mr Creme. (Don't drink the kool-aid)

Quote:

Home >> About Share International

Share International HomeShare International HomeBackground information
About Share International

Share International is a worldwide network of individuals and groups whose purpose is to make known the fact that Maitreya ― the World Teacher for the coming age ― and his group, the Masters of Wisdom, are now among us, emerging into the public arena ― gradually, so as not to infringe human free will.

British futurist Benjamin Creme, foremost spokesperson for this message, has for more than 30 years been preparing the way for Maitreya’s emergence. He is the author of numerous books, translated into many languages, and editor of Share International magazine.

Quote:
NOTICE: While the name Maitreya is used by others, their understanding of the World Teacher may not correspond to that presented on this site. Anyone presently promoting him- or herself as Maitreya or the World Teacher is definitely not the same individual we refer to.

So the name Maitreya may not correspond to who we are talking about... and anyone promoting him/herself as Maitreya is not Maitreya... Don't worry we will tell you what to what to think and believe. After all we are in constant telepathic communication with the (secret... shhhh) Wisdom Masters!

UserPostedImage
Quote:
CAPTION: Maitreya in Nairobi in 1988 MAITREYA appears, 'out of the blue', to people everywhere -- always in a form that inspires recognition. In this way he seeks to prepare us for his public emergence, and to communicate his teachings and priorities for a just world. His first such appearance was on 11 June 1988, in Nairobi, Kenya to 6,000 people who saw him as Jesus Christ (photo).

Funny even with "inspired recognition" no one in this photo seems the slightest bit interested in the fact that Jesus Christ had just appeared in their midst.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline shalom82  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 1:44:44 AM(UTC)
shalom82

I was reading on the site about maitreya's appearances. he's never appeared to the jews....just an interesting aside.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 5:50:44 PM(UTC)
bitnet

shalom82 wrote:
I was reading on the site about maitreya's appearances. he's never appeared to the jews....just an interesting aside.

Er, allergies?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 5:56:23 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Maybe they don't want to get a good stoning from the Most High, its as if they feel that if they just maybe somehow not go directly for the Jews Yahweh won't be so harsh with them when it comes to judgement day.

Do you guys think the Antichrist will read the Biblical passages concerning himself, especially the one being picked up and tossed into the Lake?