logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RidesWithYah  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:18:47 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I've read enough of Yada Yauweh now that I can *almost* subconsciously substitute Yahuweh for "the Lord" when I read the Old Covenant.
But I'm curious what was in the early Greek manuscripts of Acts.

For example:
Quote:
19Now those who had been scattered by the persecution in connection with Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, telling the message only to Jews. 20Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. 21The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.
22News of this reached the ears of the church at Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. 23When he arrived and saw the evidence of the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. 24He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.
Acts 11, NIV.

Swalchy, or anyone else -- help me out here?

Thanks,
RidesWithYah
Offline RidesWithYah  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 1:50:53 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Thanks, Swalchy.

So, "some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Sovreign Master Yahushua. The Sovereign Master's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Sovereign Master."?

-or maybe,

"Yahuweh's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Sovereign Master", or
"The Sovereign Master's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to Yahuweh"?

All three versions could work, but seem to mean something a little different.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Thanks,
RidesWithYah.