logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Does intelligent life exist on another planet?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Yes
14 %
  No
57 %
  Undecided
28 %
  Total 7 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 10:01:29 PM(UTC)
Yada

From Yahoo:

Quote:
Solar system like ours found
A star close enough to be seen by the naked eye may have planets like ours.
Yada attached the following image(s):
space.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:25:53 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I checked undecided. I was asked the same question in person this weekend and have pondered it since. There is little doubt in my mind that in this vast universe that there are stars like our sun and planets around those stars like those found in our solar system. The major question being is there intelligent life on those worlds?

I think the answer depends upon whether life is a relative simple by-product of matter plus time which develops from simple to complex / intelliegence as a natural unguided process or whether life is actually highly complex and requires something beyond time and chance to come about. My understanding is even the most basic living organisms are incredibly complex so imagine unless a guiding force is involved that "basic" life much less intelligent life would be rare in our universe.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:02:42 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I chose no.

The reason why is that I used to be quite open to the idea that there might be intelegent life that Yah had created on another planet. But since I actually found out alot more about Yah, and who He is, it makes no sense anymore.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:55:03 PM(UTC)
kp

I once read a book that, from a scientific standpoint, convinced me that intelligent life in the universe doesn't exist. It's called Rare Earth: Why Complex Life Is Uncommon In the Universe, by Peter D. Ward and Donald Brownlee (2000, Copernicus) The jacket copy says, "Ever since Carl Sagan and Frank Drake announced tht extraterrestrial civilizations must number in the millions, the search for life in our galaxy has accelerated. But, in this brilliant and carefully argued book, Ward and Brownlee question the underlying assumptions of Sagan and Drake's model, and take us on a search for life that reaches from the volcanic hot springs deep on our ocean floors to the frosty face of Europa, Jupiter's icy moon. In the process, we learn that, while microbial life may well be prevalent throughout the Universe, the conditions necessary for the evolution and survival of higher life---and here the authors consider everything from DNA to plate tectonics to the role of our moon---are so complex and precarious that they are unlikely to arise in many other places, if at all."

These guys are perfectly willing to accept evolutionary theory, so for them to virtually prove that anything more complex than microbes could not have "evolved" anywhere else than on our own equisitely balanced orb says a lot to me. From a theological (and mathematical) standpoint, I'm convinced that life never arose anywhere spontaneously. If Yahweh didn't put it there, it's not there---though the scriptures don't make a statement about it one way or the other. I used to wonder if perhaps our God did this same sort of "experiment" on maybe one planet per galaxy, just to see what would happen. But now, having an inkling of the pain He endured for our sakes, I sincerely doubt that He did.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:21:36 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
kp wrote:
I once read a book that, from a scientific standpoint, convinced me that intelligent life in the universe doesn't exist. It's called Rare Earth: Why Complex Life Is Uncommon In the Universe, by Peter D. Ward and Donald Brownlee (2000, Copernicus) The jacket copy says, "Ever since Carl Sagan and Frank Drake announced tht extraterrestrial civilizations must number in the millions, the search for life in our galaxy has accelerated. But, in this brilliant and carefully argued book, Ward and Brownlee question the underlying assumptions of Sagan and Drake's model, and take us on a search for life that reaches from the volcanic hot springs deep on our ocean floors to the frosty face of Europa, Jupiter's icy moon. In the process, we learn that, while microbial life may well be prevalent throughout the Universe, the conditions necessary for the evolution and survival of higher life---and here the authors consider everything from DNA to plate tectonics to the role of our moon---are so complex and precarious that they are unlikely to arise in many other places, if at all."

Kinda makes sense, the complexity is too vast for intelligent life (as similar to earth) to exist elsewhere! In other words we can conclude that for Humanists (Darwinsists included) the formation of the universe and complex life on earth was just a case of utter fluke, the odds were stacked 1-to-infinite (though just short of God) but yet it happened; they cover up their ignorance with big words while never getting to the bottom of it.

I like the fact that scientists are trying to discover the origin of life, but yet I get annoyed when a lot of Darwinists uses the scientists findings and complete their view with the words "therefore there is no God," just because of a failed misinterpretation of Scripture by many Christians who hold the position of young-earth creationist. Understanding Genesis 1 is crucial and could've made the world of difference if believers understood it.
Offline In His Name  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:33:57 PM(UTC)
In His Name

I found this site very entertaining and uplifting. This is another reformed athiest who in attempting to prove that God does not exist, proved (to himself at least) that He indeed does.

Linked here is his explanation of the Miracle of Life. If you go deep enough I believe this where he gets into why planet Earth is the place that life happened.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yah Tselem  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 4:43:20 PM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

I checked yes because Yah exists on every planet and I would say his is err, umm intelligent (to say the least).
Offline Yada  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 12:42:48 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

First images of new planets captured
The first-ever pictures of planets outside our solar system were released today in two studies. Using the latest techniques in space technology, astronomers at NASA and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory used direct-imaging techniques to capture pictures of four newly discovered planets orbiting stars outside our solar system. full story
Yada attached the following image(s):
gemini.observatory.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!