logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:51:07 AM(UTC)
Yada

Yada has gotten some inquiries from people about making financial contributions to YY. I've exchanged a couple of e-mails with him as well on this subject, and with his permission, have posted an excerpt below.

I'm very interested in hearing what forum members think about this.

Yada wrote:

Quote:
At this point we haven't solicited any contributions and haven't received any. I have personally invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in this mission, in addition to giving away 15000 hours of my time. I have no complaints. It continues to be the best investment I ever made and I'm glad I was in a position to do so.

A couple of times we have responded to inquiries regarding contributions now that we have reached a place where they would be helpful. The areas in which we are in a position to accept financial support are:
helping to underwrite the cost of the first printing of YY,
helping to underwrite the cost of starting an online talk radio program,
helping to support the continued efforts of the webmaster so that he can continue to build and promote the site.

As you know, I will not take any money personally, and will continue to give YY and POD away free online. Any margin made on the sale of books will be invested back into printing more books and promoting the site.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 8, 2008 2:40:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 1:48:03 AM(UTC)
Yada

Just wondering if the members on the forum had any thoughts regarding this thread?
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:03:20 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yada wrote:
Just wondering if the members on the forum had any thoughts regarding this thread?

I did read this post of Yada's, and I'm really annoyed with myself because I'm in a financial position that doesn't allow me to offer much, almost nothing at all actually. I'm pretty certain I speak for a few forum members. Unfortunately some of us belong to the poor, who have nothing, hence we're calling out for help from above. I feel awkward and wish I could help. Maybe I can scrape something together, but you're only looking at US$100-200, and this will take me awhile to save. Then there's that little problem of giving away money to a cause my wife does not support, arrghhh!

I've got a simple decent job, nothing big though, and things are looking better, so I'm hoping to provide some contribution in the future, hopefully near future. But by the sounds of it the costs Yada is asking for seems to be well out of my reach for the moment.

This is a call for me to get my priorities right, stop eating McFlurrys and save money for Yahuweh and contribute to the effort of promoting His Kingdom.

Do you guys do paypal or something?
Offline Swalchy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:19:16 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Quote:
Do you guys do paypal or something?

I was just thinking that Matthew.

If Yada setup a Paypal account that people could put money to and then that money could be used to pay for the printing of the books, I'm more or less certain that most people would certainly love to contribute.
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 9:14:03 AM(UTC)
kp

Matthew wrote:
"But by the sounds of it the costs Yada is asking for seems to be well out of my reach for the moment."

I should make something very, VERY clear. Neither Yada nor I are soliciting contributions. Yada's willingness to make such a thing possible was done in response to several unsolicited queries/offers to help with the ministry, since, let's face it, this can be really expensive. But Yada is not "asking" for folks to contribute.

If Yahweh is "asking" you to do something, that's another matter.

kp
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 10:07:32 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sorry about that! I should've read the email more closely, especially the part "The areas in which we are in a position to accept financial support are:..." In other words not soliciting, but rather are accepting contributions if people want to contribute and forwarding them to the listed areas.
Offline Yada  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2008 2:31:24 PM(UTC)
Yada

I notified Yada of the activity on the thread and this was his response:

Quote:
As you know, KP is correct; he usually is. Neither he, nor I, nor our webmaster are soliciting anything. We never have. All I was saying is that for those who have written asking if they can give, and for those who are able and feel Yahweh's call to contribute in the future, there are three opportunities. The last thing we want is for folks who have too little money to feel as if they need to make a donation. We have made due in the past, and Yah will provide whatever is needed for the future.

The bottom line with POD and YY has always been that my job was to pull the evidence together and make it available. Beyond that, everything else is Yah's responsibility. So, the best thing is to have the opportunities listed, but leave it at that. If someone asks, there is an answer. And that was the spirit behind your posting of my response to your question.

Yada
Offline Heretic Steve  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 1:38:10 PM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Greeting friends, Heretic Steve here. Sorry for being gone so long but since the site upgrades I've been unable to post from the library computer. This is the first time I've been to the library in many weeks so I'll try again. Maybe the upgrades have been tweaked and all the bugs are out.

Regarding contributions, I do hope Yada has thoroughly explored all aspects of the 501(c)3 charitable organisation designation. Allthough selectively enforced, technically, political disussion/advocacy is illegal. For example "churches" are not to promote a political party or agenda. With hate crimes legislation on the horizon, (a virtual certainty assuming this moslem, baby killing barbarian is elected), 501(c)3's that teach Yah's Word will be targeted. This can and will result in property confiscation/fines/imprisonment for all not deemed "PC".

Beware...
If not us, who? If not now, when?