logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 6:51:31 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I heard a man named Dr. Suuquiina speak today. I was actually impressed, he used Yahuweh's and Yahushua's name, and much of what he was saying made me think he has read YY. He said something that I think is a perfect quote for the forum, "When searching stops, religion beings."

He kinda jumped around, but he I'll start where he introduced that Hebrew words often have a biological and agricultural meaning. One is Esau, which we know means "hairy" but also mean "Tares," as in the parable of the wheat and tares. So, I'm sure you can see the connection there. He then described for us non-farmer types how wheat and tares work. Wheat is spread by seed, but tares are not spread that way. A tare is a rhizome, which means that the roots shoot our horizontally and then those send up shoots vertically. Before the wheat is ready for harvest, the wheat and tares are identical, so, if you pulled them out, you would not be sure which you were getting. Even worse, the tares wrap around the roots of the wheat, and so even if you do tear a tare out, you are likely to damage the wheat in the process. As the wheat ripens, the "head" fills with seeds that enlarge, and thus the wheat bows down and follows the path of the sun, whereas the tare, that has no seeds (it is emptyheaded), stands up proud. So, it is then easy to tell the difference during the harvest.

Since I know nothing of farming, I found that interesting and thought I would share.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 7:07:43 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

dude, thank you for sharing. i think that was pretty amazing. it amazes me how in depth the scriptures are. especially going back to the hebrew origin.

Quote:
As the wheat ripens, the "head" fills with seeds that enlarge, and thus the wheat bows down and follows the path of the sun, whereas the tare, that has no seeds (it is emptyheaded), stands up proud.

can you say amazing?!