logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Samuel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:55:21 AM(UTC)
Samuel

Ok I just had like the longest debate last night of just all the political issues and of course religion issues as well. They always go hand and hand. But here is my question or my thought process. Ok so the Jewish people go by the Torah, which is the first 5 book of the Old Covenant. Which IMO i think is cool to go by it has the original law in it, the ten commandments. So my question is why don't they go by the New Covenant? I was told last night that the reason they dont go by it is because they didnt believe in the Messiah when he came down...which could also be true because the Jews are the ones that turned on the Messiah when he did show up. I know this might sound stupid but im pretty much kind of lost or I think i have it but not really. So any help would be great. Thanks in return!
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:38:30 AM(UTC)
kp

I know the "Jewish people" say they "go by the Torah," Samuel, but it just isn't true. Observant Jews actually keep only a very small portion of the actual Torah's instructions, partly because some of it can't be kept, partly because they've subsititued the traditions of the rabbis in place of what Yahweh actually said to do, and partly because they're human, fallen, and fallible, (just like the rest of us) and find God's law an impossible target to hit, as Peter called it, "a yoke...which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear." (Acts 15:10) But as I wade through the Torah in my own study (The Owner's Manual) I become more convinced every day that goes by that all of it predicts the Messiah---and Yahshua of Nazareth, to the exclusion of all other possible claimants to the title---in every precept. One needs only to open his eyes, something the Jews (so far) are not willing to do. The amazing thing is that God's word predicts that they will---as a nation. Their spiritual restoration is the dominant theme of yet-to-be-fulfilled prophecy.

kp
Offline Samuel  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:43:14 PM(UTC)
Samuel

Man always you come with some real stuff, thanks for writing back Im learning alot on this site! From one bro to another I appreciate all your guys hard work! :)
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:44:21 PM(UTC)
kp

That's what we're here for, my brother. Just doin' what we can.

kp