logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 6:06:17 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

When I began sharing what I'd learned about the Daniel's prophecy of weeks as discussed in both FH and YY, I was asked about the 360 day prophetic year. The charge of critics being the lack of reference to this unit in ancient literature may mean Sir Robert Anderson contrived the 360 prophetic year in the 1800's to fit the timeframe he was seeking to confirm. While I disagree with this arguement I've been investigating a means to verify the 360 month propetic year was what Scripture intended to convey to and thru Daniel.

In the course of my search I found an online version of the work referenced in both FH and YY, "The Coming Prince" by Sir Robert Anderson and thought other prophecy interested people would be interested in this work:

http://philologos.org/__eb-tcp/default.htm

Please note that both FH and YY include the drama that delays the start point for the prophecy by a year even as the total number of days remains contant and results in a 33 CE not a 32 CE end date.

Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 7:51:51 AM(UTC)
kp

Although we tend to be loosey-goosey in our use of terminology---routinely calling the time period referenced by Daniel and John as a "prophetic year" because 360 days is almost a year long, Yahweh is very precise. He never actually calls His prophetic time unit a "year." Daniel lists the whole subject of Israel's prophetic destiny as "seventy sevens." The "covenant with many" that defines the duration of the Tribulation is called "one seven." He speaks of "the middle of the seven." Both Daniel and John refer to half of the "seven" as "time, times, and half a time." Other time durations are measured in days (e.g. 1,260, 1,290, 1,335) or months (e.g. 5, 42). But the prophetic time unit is never referred to as a year. The only time the term "year" is used in a prophetic time calculation in the context of the "seventy sevens" is the preparation time for the four angels of the sixth trumpet judgment, and here there is no reason to suppose that anything other than a normal 365-day year is meant.

kp