logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline StuDent  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 11:04:11 AM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

I'm going to try to make this short but at the same time give a little introduction as I am new here.I thank you in advance for any help you offer and affirm that my desire is for truth.
I'm almost middle aged and was raised up in a christian home by loving parents.I accepted this faith as a youth and have known/felt so much love in my life from some who still practice this religion although I haven't participated in a long time.
I've tried to make decisions in my life knowing that one day there will be a righteous judgement.I know that the most important thing to any man is his personal relationship with the father.

The last year of my life has been a great learning experience.I have studied alot trying to answer questions I had not about religion but mostly history and law.
What I consider to be the greatest gain from my study has been obtaining a teachable attitude.I would trade all the knowledge I gained if I could only remain a good student. I can't remember exactly how I found this site. My study of law was extremely fascinating to me.My search for truth has led me back to what I already should have know. There is only one source of truth and one giver of law. Man cannot make either but only discover them.
I am nothing but a student who is aware of how little I do know.

I haven't read everything here but only a small portion.Alot of what I've read makes perfect sense to me.I will study more at every opportunity. My question is about the word, the source. I see alot of good commentary here but I want to have a copy of the book properly translated for my study. If I go to a bookstore can I find what you're teaching from there? I may have overlooked it on here but can't find a link to order a copy. Who is responsible for this translation and who is accurately printing it that I might get a copy?

Again I offer my thanks. I haven't had enough time to properly search for this here as I'm sure this information is readily available and for this i apoligize. I am just anxious to have this book in my hand as I would have much more time to study then as I don't get much time online.
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 12:33:42 PM(UTC)
kp

Hi, StuDent, and welcome to the forum. You'll find most of the folks here are familiar with, and use as a basis for discussion, four books, all of them long (900 pages plus), and all of them available free online. They are...

1) Yada Yahweh (Know Yahweh) by my friend Yada: http://www.yadayahweh.com/
2) Prophet of Doom: Islam's Terrorist Dogma in Muhammad's own Words. Also by Yada. http://prophetofdoom.net/
3) Future History, a comprehensive guide to Biblical prophecy, by me, Ken Power. http://www.futuretruth.net/
4) The Owner's Manual. What Every Christian Should Know about the Law of Moses, by KP. http://www.theownersmanual.net/

Some of these (YY and TOM) are a work in progress, and the others have been finished for a while. They all come with pdf files, in case you want to download them and print them out, or you can read them online. There are also some mp3 sound files, though they're not complete. What these books have in common is your very spirit: that of being a student, a realization that life is a learning process, and with Yahweh's help, we can come to know Him better through His Word. Yada and I (and the participants in this forum) take God's Word very seriously, and we're not afraid to tell it like we see it, even if it bucks the conventional wisdom. I can't promise we never make mistakes, but I can promise that we're very careful in our handling of the scriptures. May your quest be fruitful. Hope to see you around here more often.

kp
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 10:04:44 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome StuDent (great name by the way)

If you are also looking for a fresh translation of scripture - Swalchy is currently translating the "New Testiment" part of scripture. You can find this here:

www.thewaytoyahuweh.com
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline StuDent  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 11:46:16 AM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

Thank you both Ken and Rob for your reply.I am in the process of reading the material you offered Ken.I caught right away your serious attention to proper translation of the word when I began reading Yada Yahweh.This is very much appreciated and the reason I hadn't begun a search elsewhere for what I want.Am I to understand that there isn't yet a complete, printed translation of the word that can be had?

I've got alot of study to do and pray I have the opportunity to continue it here.There are a few specific questions that I want to attempt to answer.Part of the reason I moved away from religion was due to the discrepancies in various translations used by churches and their intrepations of something that may not be reliable.I tested this with my heart and there were too many unanswered questions and some parts that I could not reconcile.

I have been unable to discuss these problems I had because I didn't want to be responsible for causing someone to doubt their faith so I've kept it all inside.I always knew the only way to happiness in this life was hope of lifeafter and didn't want to cause others to doubt what they believed was the way to it.I have had little discussion concerning my faith because most that feel the same as I do, seeing all the evil that has been perputrated by all of the major religions and how people are controlled and led by belief systems, are athiests, which I was not.
I considered myself a deist for the most part but I have always recognized the wisdom found in the bible also.

I am very excited to learn more and hopefully have my questions answered. The link you provided looks like it will be helpful Rob. I must go now but I'll be back.Keep me in your thoughts and prayers and may you be blessed.
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"