logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline visitor  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:58:51 AM(UTC)
visitor

I found this paragraph in Skia chapter:

Quote:
As a reminder, the capitalized Greek letters within the parenthesis represent the placeholders used throughout all of the 70 extant first-, second-, and third-century Renewed Covenant manuscripts for the two names and five titles attributable to Yahuweh, Yahushua, and the Set Apart Spirit. The names were not transliterated and written out because there was no Y, H, or W sound attributable to the letters in the Greek alphabet, and the titles were represented by placeholders rather than translated words because the Hebrew terms were more accurate and descriptive than their closest Greek replacements. Furthermore, by using placeholders rather than transliterations and translations, we are required by design to examine Hebrew Scripture to understand Greek - viewing the Renewed Covenant through the perspective of the Old.

I was just wondering what the 5 titles were - Lord, Adonai, Elohim. etc.? Is the title "Lord" included as one of these?

Thanks.

Offline visitor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:11:22 AM(UTC)
visitor

Thanks. Is "Lord" also the title for God? What were the original Greek words used? Is there someplace I can find them online as they were included in the original Greek manuscripts? Why is it incorrect to say "Lord"?

Thanks for your help.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 11:13:03 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Love, and wisdom from YAHUWEH our god,

This is a question for Swalchy really. Do you think that when they used the placeholder instead of just writing theos that perhaps the scribes were simply being a bit overzelous. I say this because the same arguments could be used against the word god. While I agree with you that the title god is acceptable, I mean even the word el was the name of a pagan diety, I was just wondering if there was more to the word theos than I realized.

Your loving brother,
Mike Br.
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.