logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:07:10 PM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Swalchy,

How should the Greek be interpreted for MattithYah (Matthew) 24:4-5?

Should these verses be interpreted as: There will be many men (women) that say they are the Messiah? Such as Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda in Florida.

Or should these verses be interpreted as: There will be many men (women) who say that Yahushua (Jesus) is the Messiah and they shall cause many to be deceived? Such as Rick Warren, Joel Osteen and probably everyone on TBN.

Or could/should it be interpreted both ways?

Below is your translation from your website:

And answering their question, Yahushua* said to them, "Mentally observe and perceive, discover and understand, look at, weigh carefully and make sure that no one and nothing leads and causes you to stray away, deceiving you and turning you away from the right way. For many shall come, arise and appear in view of the public in My Name, saying and teaching, maintaining and affirming, exhorting and advising, directing and pointing out; 'I am the Anointed Messiah*,' and they shall lead and cause many to fall into error and be deceived, leading them astray and turning many from the right path.

Also, thanks for your recent translation of Marcus (Mark). I have given a few people the URL to your website and they were very interested in your translations.

Offline Mike  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 22, 2008 11:20:32 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Shalom Swalchy,

Thanks for the reply. I always appreciate your insights.

I printed all of the ,pdf files from your website and gave them to one of the people that was interested in your translations on Wednesday night.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make an e-sword plug-in with your translations? I am not suggesting that you make a plug-in, by the way, because I know that your plate is more than full. Maybe I could look into it. I am not a programmer though. Any IT people out there?

I have introduced some people to e-sword lately also. I have the tetragrammaton in Paleo-Hebrew as the desktop background on my laptop computer so invariably someone will ask "what is that on your computer screen?" And that opens up the door to further discussion.