logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 9:31:56 PM(UTC)
Yada

I just got this e-mail from Yada:

Quote:
Here is my most recent edit pass through Dabar. Suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated
File Attachment(s):
A 0B Dabar - Word.doc (85kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:59:16 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just read the version on the website yesterday.

Old sentence: "Do these things and God will favor you with the gift of extended, continuous, life."

New sentence: "Do these things and God will favor you with the gift of continuous life."

"Extended" is unnecessary. Extended, continuous, life is redundent, as continuous by definition is extended.
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:00:20 PM(UTC)
Yada

I just got this e-mail from Yada:

Quote:
I tried to start editing Hayah this morning but I was relentlessly pulled back in Dabar to complete the 30th Proverb. This is the new ending...

"In like manner, such is the way of the adulterous woman, she devours ('akal – consumes, destroys, and slays), and then she wipes (machah – blots out and abrogates, abolishes and obliterates by way of) her mouth (peh – words and speech) and says, I have done (pa'al – committed and ordained, plotted, devised, fashioned, and forged) nothing deceitful or corrupting ('aven – nothing out of arrogance designed to damage one's relationship with God, nothing evil, morally corrupt, or false which leads to idolatry, calamity, misfortune, or punishment)." (Proverbs 30:18) The common thread in politics and religion is death and destruction through disingenuousness. Hypocrisy is the devil's strong suit.

This thought is echoed in the Psalms' closing words. "If ('im – when) you have been foolish (nabal – ignorant and contemptible, senseless) in (ba) self exaltation (nasa' – promotion and lifting up), and if ('im) you have devised a plan (zaman – decided upon, plotted, and intended a course of action, and conceived a scheme) put a hand (yad) on (la) your mouth (peh)." (Proverbs 30:32)

It is interesting to note that nbl root has two potential meanings depending upon how the three Hebrew consonants are vocalized. While nabal conveys the idea of "lacking appropriate respect and values," nabel means "to wither, shrivel, die, and decay." It is the quid pro quo of Scripture. Those who foolishly elevate themselves above God will be diminished. Those who contemptuously thirst for religious, political, or economic power will find themselves "fallen, on their knees, cowering in fear" come judgment day.

Most every English translation renders zaman "thought evil" or "planed evil" following the lead of the King James. However, zaman simply conveys the concepts of "thinking, devising, planning, proposing, muttering an idea, meditating, plotting, scheming, deciding, intending, and resolving to do something." While the scheme may be evil, the intended thought was that any human scheme designed to exalt man is not only foolish, it will have the inverse result of what was intended. Secular humanism has degraded society and mankind. Communism has diminished the masses to the lowest common denominator. Political correctness has produced fallen, dying, decaying, and valueless nations. Our entire perspective is wrong.

Recognizing the power and influence of words, Yahuweh recommends shutting our mouths. When it comes to self-exalting human schemes, not only is it better to be quiet and appear foolish, than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt, when it comes to judgment, the penalty for promoting a religious or political agenda is eternal incarceration while being the victim of such a plan is simply to be diminished to nothingness. This is an overt warning to those who propose to elevate themselves through oratory—pastors, priests, and politicians.

Just as the previous verse has been practical, the word picture painted by last verse of the Proverb is designed to be graphic. "Indeed (kiy – because) stirring up and agitating (miys – pressing and squeezing, angrily churning) milk (halab) brings forth (yasa' – disseminates and produces) butter (hem'ah), stirring and agitating (miys) angry snorting ('ap – aggressive, quick tempered, and wrathful breath) brings forth (yasa' – produces and disseminates, leads to and yields) blood letting and death (dam – killing, both murder and manslaughter), because angry ('ap) agitation (miys) leads to (yasa') contention, strife, quarrelsome opposition, and hostility (riyb – taunting insults, mocking ridicule, conflict, and fighting)." (Proverbs 30:33) Muhammad's, Constantine's, Hitler's, Stalin's, and Mao's words were spoken in anger and were specifically designed to agitate their audience, prompting them to kill others on behalf of their self-promoting scheme. Muhammad wasn't the first, and Mao won't be the last to use words in ways which debase humankind.

If you want to be spared from the dreadful days lurking on our not so distant and dark horizon, if you don't want to be victimized by evil's trinity, or die at the hand of man's self-exalting schemes, Yahweh has told you where to look and who to rely upon. He has even told you where not to look and who not to trust. But should you not yet be convinced that Yahuweh is God, that His Word is trustworthy and true, and that He has provided a way for you to live together with Him for all eternity, rest assured He will make His case. We have just begun…
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Mike  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:02:46 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Most every English translation renders zaman "thought evil" or "{planned} evil" following the lead of the King James.
Offline Yada  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2008 3:22:10 AM(UTC)
Yada

I sent Yada a reminder that there were several responses to the recent re-edits. I just got this response from him:

Quote:
I read these. Thank you.

Pone cones has been changed to pine cones.

And yes, the velocity at which the universe is expanding is currently accelerating. It is the opposite of what scientists expected. This means that the initial expansion following the big bang decelerated following the inflationary period. But at some point the deceleration in the rate of expansion ceased and then accelerated.

My points were that Genesis 1 speaks about the initial inflationary period and that without an enormous outside source of energy, the rate of expansion of the universe would have to be slowing due to gravity.

I'm surprised that there were no comments on Dabar. It remains one of my favorite chapters and there were many significant additions to it.

Yada
Offline Swalchy  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 6:14:54 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Ah - didn't realise that Yada also wanted some people's thoughts on Dabar rather than just checking for errors.

I shall give mine after I've read it a few more times :)
Offline Theophilus  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 7:37:05 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Ah - didn't realise that Yada also wanted some people's thoughts on Dabar rather than just checking for errors.

I shall give mine after I've read it a few more times :)

I too understood the review to be for identifying possible typos or unclear language to revise. I'll also want to read it through a few more times before commenting on the content and asking clarifying questions if that is okay?