logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:52:55 PM(UTC)
Yada

I was listening to a video presentation in the YY Study Group room on the Reformation and there was a brief reference to William Tyndale getting help from the "Secret Societies" which enabled him to elude captive by RCC bounty hunters. I have been trying to run down more information on this but have been unable. Does anyone know which "Secret Societies" assisted Tyndale?
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Sator  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:43:56 PM(UTC)
Sator

I believe you are looking for "The Christian Brethren"

not a bad summation here:

http://www.tkc.com/resou...rces-pages/humphrey.html

Sator
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 7:27:55 AM(UTC)
kp

Great find, Sator. Humphrey Monmouth! Now that's what I'm talkin' about. He's the perfect example of how tithes and offerings should be viewed and used in the post-Tabernacle age. Those of us who weren't called to be "Tyndales" should try to fill Humphrey's shoes.
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 11:30:29 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

I assume Monmouth may be only one of many over the course of history to have supported others earnestly in search of Truth for the sake of others. It is imperative that each of us view that our personal salvation is also linked to the salvation of others and that we cannot operate in a vacuum. Each of us depend on the other in some way, and that is why over the course of my posts I have constantly advocated a deeper relationship among Yahweh's believers. We may not all understand everything that is discussed but we are united by the RQ on the salient points. Salvation is not only for the intelligent ones but for those who believe and apply their beliefs as they are given understanding. While the founders of this site and others constantly apply themselves to the unveiling of Scripture, we should also try to ensure that the message goes far and wide in whatever way we can and back them up on this if we truly believe. Many ideas have been suggested about how to spread the Word and I know that some of us are doing something or other. In so far as acting like Monmouth did, please let me issue an open invitation to KP and Yada who are welcome to stay with us whenever in Malaysia. We only ask that you keep any unsavoury characters trailing you away from our home... :-)
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:00:59 PM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

I looked at the site that the link is on... they obviously support a false (other) gospel, ... so I wonder if tyndale did ? (I don't think either way yet that he did or didn't, I don't know what he did other than translate)
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:07:18 AM(UTC)
kp

I, for one, Yahshuaslavejeff, am not willing to fault Tyndale for not getting everything right. He followed Yahweh's direction to the best of his knowledge, and we are all in his debt. All of us are searching for the truth, and Tyndale did it with more courage and faith than anyone I know---most certainly including myself.

kp
Offline shalom82  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:10:33 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I love that quote Swalch.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.