logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:55:37 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I recieved this article regarding Todd Bentley and it broke my heart, can someone say one world religion...and if not lets just say the mighty leaders of the people the ones people put their trust in when it comes to leading them in the right direction are doing nothing more than bloating thier ego and teaching the ways of man instead of Yahuweh.

Quote:
JOYNER, WAGNER, ARNOTT "Commission" BENTLEY
-Andrew Strom.

Here is how Charisma announced the news of what took place in Lakeland just a couple of days ago: "Leaders Commission Todd Bentley at 'Lakeland Outpouring'... The special service was billed by leaders as one of the greatest moments in revival history."

The article continues: "Canadian revivalist Todd Bentley, leader of the "Lakeland Outpouring," was commissioned as an evangelist last night in a special ceremony in Lakeland, Fla., that was broadcast into millions of homes by God TV...

"Participating leaders at the ceremony included [C. Peter] Wagner; Ché Ahn, pastor of Harvest Rock Church in Pasadena, Calif.; John Arnott of Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship in Canada; Bill Johnson, pastor of Bethel Church in Redding, Calif.; and Rick
Joyner, founder of MorningStar Ministries in Charlotte, N.C."

(EDITOR's NOTE: If you saw a video of this commissioning, you may have noticed that Staci Campbell, one of the main 'Toronto' leaders who spoke, had her head shaking so violently – literally whipping back and forth - that it was hard to hear her. Of course
this happens all the time and they say it is the "Holy Spirit").

CHARISMA ARTICLE continues:
"Wagner said to Bentley on the platform: "This commissioning represents a powerful spiritual transaction taking place in the invisible world. With this in mind, I take the apostolic authority that God has given me and I decree to Todd Bentley, your power will
increase, your authority will increase, your favor will increase, your influence will increase, your revelation will increase..."

"I am no church historian, but I do not know of any other time in history, since the book of Acts, have so many different apostles and so many different prophets and movements and leaders [been represented]," Bentley said of the capacity crowd." The article goes on to talk a little about why some have opposed the revival: "Critics complain that Bentley entertains extra-biblical practices and has devoted some of his past teachings to "third
heaven" experiences and angelic encounters. They say it's bizarre for him to claim he has met the apostle Paul and angels named "Winds of Change" and "Emma." They also object to what they believe are exaggerated claims of healings and resurrections."

For me though, one of the most grievous statements in the whole article is this one:

"Leaders who have expressed private concerns about Bentley's ministry turned down Charisma's request for public comment." (Article source - www.charismamag.com)

ANDREW STROM: Did you see that last sentence? -Even though some leaders have been privately expressing their concerns, they actually refused an opportunity to speak out in public! So where does this leave the poor sheep? Are these men so concerned with
their "reputation" that they are afraid to speak out at such a pivotal moment? How will history judge such a thing? Isn't it simply the "fear of man"? And Isn't this the exact reason why the Charismatic movement is in such a mess in the first place? Have we completely forgotten the old saying- "Evil prospers when good men do nothing"?

Who is going to stand up and declare the TRUTH in this situation? To me, this revival has all the hallmarks of the most blatant of Last Days deceptions spoken of in Scripture. And yet it is prospering because good men do nothing! Todd Bentley is claiming "a city-taking, nation-taking anointing...We're going to the cities, then the nations." And look at the lineup of heavyweights that have now openly joined his crusade to promote this "impartation" around the world: Peter Wagner, Rick Joyner, Bill Johnson, John Arnott (of the 'Toronto Blessing'), Che Ahn - and more!

'Who could possibly oppose such a lineup?' they think. 'What madman would even entertain the idea? Why - his ministry would be finished, his reputation ruined, his friends made into enemies overnight.' Oh yes - they seem to have it all sewn up now. And
so, this "drunken glory" anointing with its angels, its 'jerking', its epileptic-type seizures - is free to spread around the globe and be imparted to God's precious sheep everywhere. And all the while, so-called "concerned" Christian leaders shirk and shiver in the
shadows, never daring to openly speak out. Shouldn't we be calling this exactly what it is - "COWARDICE" of the worst kind? Can anyone imagine a crisis in the Spirit-filled
church that is more urgent than this one? Isn't silence simply aiding and abetting the deception? Who will God hold accountable for doing nothing? CHRISTIAN LEADERS - SPEAK UP!!

They know what they are doing and it just reminds me of all the warning Yahuweh provides and the wise words of Hosea seems to fit here perfectly...my people parish for a lack of knowledge.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 12:18:39 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you very much for posting this - I have been looking at Charisma Mag - its actually been a good source for the document I am putting together against this whole movement and its roots.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline BiynaYahu  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 3:39:58 PM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Swalchy wrote:
Watch the rather disturbing prophecy given by Staci campbell - one of the "commisioners" of Todd Bentley mentioned above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjl5wKso9eU

And people say this is the Set-Apart Spirit?

Again - FOOLS

That's horrifying. Isn't the Set-apart spirit supposed to bring calm?
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:04:00 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Ai-yeeeee! Run for your life! That's why I'd rather watch George Carlin (!) and Jeff Dunham instead of these religious folks. At least there's no pretension that's misleading and I get a lot more chuckles.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Tiffany  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:05:26 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

I just checked out the You Tube Video’s such a joke and the worst part is people are actually buying into this, I would say although my past would have meshed with these wack jobs I now can say that I really believe I have always had the set-apart spirit.

Did anyone notice that the person who posted these video who obviously thinks highly of these crazies blocked any comment from being made? This movement of Satan and that is really what it is makes me just Sad, makes me think just how Foolish, and down right wrong this really has become. I just pray for Yah to break through to those who are truly seeking.
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 2:03:46 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Tiffany wrote:
Did anyone notice that the person who posted these video who obviously thinks highly of these crazies blocked any comment from being made?

This is something I do not like, when you send an email and you get no response or wanting to post a comment and finding it blocked. I think these Lawless Teachers have administrators below them who read general incoming email and block it off before it reaches the False Apostles. Let's hope the administrators, receptionists, etc. who check the incoming email are open to receive Yah.

This is the type of video that I stop after a minute or two because I just get sickened by it. I am so thankful that Yah has let me find Him and removed me out of this Circle of the Circus Prophets.

Swalchy, I like your posts, well angry at the hypocrites!

It's quite difficult for those in the Apostolic-Prophetic Movement to come out, my friends are well into it. At first the church followed guys like Jesse Duplantis (and his crazy vision of heaven), Ken Copeland, etc. and then started diverting because they noticed their teachings were more about money than God. Then came Rick Joyner, Bob Jones, Gene Edwards (with his book series From Pentecost to Patmos, like Revolution, the Silas, Titus, Timothy, etc. Diaries), Tommy Tenney, John Eldredge, Peter Wagner etc. who all brought along this new Christian movement of "bringing together the apostles and prophets (some of them even attaining the prefix of Super)" as mentioned in Ephesians 2, also called the New Apostolic Reformation.

When I last saw my friends there was the Final Quest book by Rick Joyner on the coffee table so I used it as a tool, I paged through it and within a few minutes I discovered a complete misinterpretation of Scripture, after I told them they said "well, he'll be held accountable," I'm hoping it was a good seed and starts to get them questioning.

But my testimony wasn't quite what pleased them, I had only seen them every once in a while (like year gaps as I was in another country). A few years ago I was crazy backlslidden, in the world, you know, visiting night clubs, smoking, etc. and had gotten myself a wife who I had children with, the first child being before a marriage certificate (so you know they perceived it as fornication because they don't know Yah's Word on the matter, which I thought I was too because I didn't know better, but now I know better). And then on my last visit I came back telling them about Yah's Name and about understanding the Torah and they assume I'm some heavy legalistic guy that got lost in the world, forgot church "truth" and so came back believing lies, "trying to be saved my the law."

On a lightert note: Swalchy, Rob, this one is for you! Hint: Peter Kay discussing biscuits. :) Notice he even falls down and rolls around a bit like these "holy ghost" visitations, at least Peter Kay has a valid reason for falling down, LOL!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 2:20:59 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Matthew wrote:

On a lightert note: Swalchy, Rob, this one is for you! Hint: Peter Kay discussing biscuits. :) Notice he even falls down and rolls around a bit like these "holy ghost" visitations, at least Peter Kay has a valid reason for falling down, LOL!

hehe all hail peter kay... its funny coz its true!
Offline CK  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 3:05:56 PM(UTC)
CK

I witnessed Staci Campbell's head shaking stuff in Kelowna BC at a prophetic conference a little over a year ago. In fact that was the last prophetic conference I attended. I came away feeling very depressed and unsettled. It was a turning point for me. I started praying for Father to reveal His truth to me. I got really serious about praying to not be deceived nor become a deceiver. I still pray for that almost daily.

Guys and gals, it's so easy to be led astray. It sneaks up on you. We must be on our guard constantly and wearing Yah's armor.

Abba Yahuweh, please keep us safe within your hedge of protection. Let us not be deceived nor become deceivers.

Pray Psalm 91.

Check out http://www.youtube.com/w...h?v=y9-u5tWleS4&NR=1
Offline Yada  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 3:34:14 PM(UTC)
Yada

Here is another interesting video about the various abuses (speaking in tongues, 'holy laughter,' etc.) in the "Churches" called The Blind & The Dead.

We also have this video uploaded to the YY Study Group room on Paltalk.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 7:30:15 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I enjoyed that video on Peter Kay and Biscuits! Anyway, after a Skype chat with Robski, I found some interesting information about a phenomenon known as Kundalini Rising.

Kundalini is a Sanskrit word meaning either "coiled up" or "coiling like a snake." There are a number of other translations of the term usually emphasizing a more serpent nature to the word - e.g. 'serpent power'.

The caduceus symbol of coiling snakes is thought to be an ancient symbolic representation of Kundalini physiology. (Robski freaked out at finding this similarity to the caduceus of medicine!)

Click here for the image.

The concept of Kundalini comes from yogic philosophy of ancient India and refers to the mothering intelligence behind yogic awakening and spiritual maturation. It might be regarded by yogis as a sort of deity, hence the occasional capitalization of the term.

KUNDALINI SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS

by El Collie

Many individuals whose Kundalini has been unexpectedly unleashed DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, and the prevailing social ignorance about this multidimensional transformative process makes it hard to find medical or alternative health practitioners or spiritual advisors who recognize the symptoms, particularly when they are strongly physical. Many people know that the risen Kundalini flings open gates to all sorts of mystical, paranormal and magical vistas but few realize it can also dramatically impact the body. A large percentage of our old Shared Transformation newsletter subscribers reported long bouts of strange illness as well as radical mental, emotional, interpersonal, psychic, spiritual and lifestyle changes. Over and again we hear stories of frustrating, sometimes desperate visits to doctors, healers, counselors, etc. who neither understood nor were able to help with the myriad pains and problems catalyzed by raging Kundalini.

The following are common manifestations of the risen Kundalini:

* Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.

* Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body

* Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations

* Intense heat or cold

* Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving one's body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)

* Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns

* Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (some CFS victims are experiencing Kundalini awakening)

* Intensified or diminished sexual desires

* Headaches, pressures within the skull

* Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest

* Digestive system problems

* Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)

* Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-related.)

* Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression

* Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) -- are as unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs

* Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.

* Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating

* Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual's prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)

* Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.

* Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion

* Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers

* Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual communication through music, art, poetry, etc.

* Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one's own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one's environment (including "vibes" from others)

* Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness

After reading this, you can form your own conclusions, especially if an individual has learnt to expect and/or control such reactions.
Offline Juski  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 11:42:53 PM(UTC)
Juski

Its so encouraging for me to see that we are not the only people seriously concerned by Bentley and his crew. When i watch what is happening I feel physically sick. And the worst thing is all our frineds think this is an amazing move of God and we should go back to church and get some. We're telling people its not good but they already think we're heretics and don't listen to us! We attack the church more and they will totally write us off. But we will sound the trumpet and maybe someone will listen! So many people decieved, so many fools. The task ahead of us is huge, and quite overwelming at times. But I know Yah will raise up more and more people to stand up for His Truth. The whole thing has really reminded me how important it is to know Scripture. I used to be someone who "felt" whether things were right. I do still to some extent but I'm becoming a whole lot less trusting of my feelings now. I've had to question my entire walk with yah - I used to be a charismatic, so its forcing me to really work out which bits of my past experience are genuine Yah moments and which are rubbish. It's not much fun, but wow I've certainly learnt a whole lot more.

Keep pushing into the Truth Dudes :)

ps. biscuits are for milk not tea!!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:11:05 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Juski wrote:

ps. biscuits are for milk not tea!!

SILENCE TEA HERETIC!
Offline Tiffany  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:10:40 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Juski,

I feel the same way, although my start was in the Presbyterian church and I at first glance thought the charismatic’s were well nuts. Now I just don't like most of the "moves of god" because the judge by the fruit and by the actions of the leaders is enough for me to say are you sure??

I have felt the same way when it comes to asking Yah when it was genuine and when was not and the reassurance I have gotten was I was always with you and I will never forsake you! That’s a great promise, I hope you are well and I am up for the challenge of seeking truth!! Have a great day! Blessings Tiffany
Offline bitnet  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:41:18 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Robskiwarrior wrote:

SILENCE TEA HERETIC!

Shouldn't that be "SILENCE!!! I KEEEEEL YOU, TEA HERETIC!" as per the turbaned bony one?
Offline Juski  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 11:22:10 PM(UTC)
Juski

I keeeel you! lol :)
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 2:52:17 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

just to let you know - if you are following this stuff, we have made a document about the Revival and its roots. You can find the document in the last post here

http://yadanews.com/defa....aspx?g=posts&t=1011

Offline Juski  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 11:21:36 PM(UTC)
Juski

Hey dudes.

Last night we emailed our findings on todd bentley to lots of people. We've had our first angry email back this morning already! Please pray for us as we try to respond to people over the next few days. We really want to respond with love, grace and integrity. I'm happy to be proved wrong if they can do it with Scripture so looking forward to seeing if anyone trys.

I think the last few friends we had left after we became "heretics" will soon be gone!! :)
Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2008 3:43:00 AM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

Yahweh's Shalom abiding and living in and loving the truth Juski !!!
the more I speak the Truth, however gently or sternly doesn't seem to matter,
in Love i hope always and am asking Yahweh's doing of it,
the more I speak the Truth, to warn or edify or encourage or set free,
the more people turn their backs on me OR
Gnash on me with their words - violently almost ! EVEN or Especially 'friends" ....
there is practically NO FELLOWSHIP with believers in TULSA OKLAHOMA....
the last 'messy' synsagogue I visited (to see 'friends also) , NO ONE TALKED TO ME - (they seemed on purpose to avoid looking my way),
and the Name of the only one in Whom is Salvation
WAS NOT EVEN MENTIONED ONCE !?!?.... who are they serving ?
Yahweh Willing
If there are brothers in Yahweh's Life within driving distance of tulsa,
brothers who love not their life even unto death,
rsvp if able.....
as someone else sought out the believers in a city when he went, so I seek now,
not knowing if there are any
or if I should stay or leave to where there are 1 or 2 at least....