logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bossqwjw  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:55:41 PM(UTC)
bossqwjw

I am new to this forum, but have been looking around here and reading the POD, for quite some time.

In a debate I am having on another forum it dawned on me that, If the claim of Islam is that Allah is the same as the God of the Bible, wouldn't his name be translated to "I AM" in Arabic, not "God" as they claim?

Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2008 11:05:44 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OH, but the hateful "Yahud" changed the scriptures. They edited out Allah, Mecca, Kaaba, and all that jazz. The true name isn't what the "Yahud" say...the true name is allah (the unmerciful and incompassionate). If Muslims were actually following the Elohim of Abraham they would be using YHWH not allah (the unmerciful and incompassionate) which is a pre-Islamic pagan moon deity akin to the Babylonian Sin that was a member of a well developed Ababic pantheon. They shout allahu akbar...which means Allah is Greater...a comparative. Wikipedia and other sites will say that it's not comparative...and try to explain it's great or greatest...but there are plenty of truthful muslim and arabic sites that say otherwise. Just type Allah is greater in google and see the results.

Here is an exerpt from Walid Shoebat:
Quote:
“Islam is simply a revival of a Babylonian religion. The Moon god with the crescent moon and star symbol originated in Babylon (Iraq) and was one of the 360 idols in the Kaaba (Mecca) before Muhammad destroyed them. In Babylon, the Moon god was called “Sin”. Caton Thompson’s book, “The Tombs and Moon Temple of Hureidha, discusses the uncovering of a temple of the Moon-god in southern Arabia. The symbols of the crescent moon and no less than 21 inscriptions with the name “Sin” were found in this temple. An idol, which may be the Moon god himself, was also discovered. The Arabic word for “god” is ‘Ilah” and the Moon god became synonymous with ‘al-Ilah’, meaning ‘the god;” pagan Arabia believed that the Moon god was the greatest of all the gods, hence the phrase “Allahu Akbar,” meaning “Allah is greater.”

Here's a passage from the Scriptures with some anecdotal evidence on Yishmaeli worship of Sin...al-illah...later Allah
Quote:
Jdg 8:21 Then Zeḇaḥ and Tsalmunna said, “Rise yourself, and fall on us. For as a man is, so is his might.” So Giḏʽon arose and slew Zeḇaḥ and Tsalmunna, and took the crescent ornaments which were on their camels’ necks.
Jdg 8:22 So the men of Yisra’ĕl said to Giḏʽon, “Rule over us, both you and your son, also your son’s son, for you have saved us from the hand of Miḏyan.”
Jdg 8:23 But Giḏʽon said to them, “I do not rule over you, nor does my son rule over you. יהוה does rule over you.”
Jdg 8:24 And Giḏʽon said to them, “I have a request to make of you, that each of you give me the ring from his spoil.” For they had rings of gold, because they were Yishmaʽĕlites. Jdg 8:25 And they said, “We shall certainly give them.” And they spread out a garment, and each man threw into it the ring from his spoil.
Jdg 8:26 And the weight of the gold rings that he requested was one thousand seven hundred pieces of gold – besides the crescent ornaments, and the pendants, and purple robes which were on the sovereigns of Miḏyan, and besides the chains that were around their camels’ necks.

Now you might say, well, allah is a contraction of Al-Illah, which simply means "the deity"...even if it had historical connotations to Sin. Christians and Jews in the Arabic world use allah just as English speakers would use God. (Considering the historical and religions connotations, that excuse is most inappropriate) But we see in Islam a retention of the star and crescent...which is clear and irrefutable evidence as to the fact that Allah is Sin. Their pretend game of being an "Abrahamic" religion is utter garbage. The Yishmaelis were following the moon God in the days of Gideon and their descendants...physical and spiritual are doing the same thing today.
The question you ask can be answered quite simply, bossqwiw. Why would muslims call on an Elohim they hate and despise? They don't follow the same Eloha Selichot that is YHWH. Look, let's say for the sake of agument that allah is the same as Eloha. First off, Eloha is not a name...the Eloha Yaaqob, the Eloha Selichot has a name and His name is YHWH. Secondly, if Mohammad really equated allah to YHWH...then YHWH's character has been so perverted and tainted by Islamic scripture and literary sources that you might by that definition you could call a dandelion a rose..the end result is the same...no matter the pretense..allah is not the Elohim of Abraham and is not the same Elohim that made Himself known in the Tanakh. Muslims hate YHWH and hate the "Yahud" (the Yahudim) which is another evidence that muslims do indeed know the true name.

Shalom and Welcome to the Forum :)

Edited by user Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:04:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bossqwjw  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2008 6:55:55 PM(UTC)
bossqwjw

Thanks for the information shalom82. I have argued till I am blue in the face with someone about the origin of Allah, and I have come to the conclusion that they are hopeless.

No matter how effective, or informative my source is they still insist that according to Islam, Allah is YHWH. They quote Islam and their Islam teachers in college as their source, and try every convoluted argument you can think of. Then say I am being closed minded.

I have given up and it saddens me, that their stupidity might infect others with a false idea of who YHWH is.

Thank you for your warm welcome, and I look forward to reading from and talking with people that actually know what they are talking about.

Shalom, Bill
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 12:07:43 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom Boss,

At least you can argue with them... and still live. I suggest not to push your luck. Only those whom Yahweh draws near shall know Him and no one shall be able to convince another. Only His sheep shall truly know His voice.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline shalom82  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 4:28:36 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Shalom Achim Sheli,
Bill, I wonder if those you have argued with are familiar with the term "taqqiya"?

Bit,
So true...So true. It's frustrating, but in the end we can only do so much.

Yibarakhem YHWH (YHWH bless You (both))

Shalom
Offline shalom82  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2008 4:05:21 PM(UTC)
shalom82

as a sidenote...I recently learned that the Arabic pronounciation for YHWH is Yahuah.

Like Yah-hu-ah...but the ah is very short so it ALMOST becomes Yah-hwa..but not quite.
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2008 9:01:08 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Aaah, so they know Him by another name and that He has a history with His people for a much longer time than with anyone else and yet they prefer to believe that impostor who came from a different flock to palm off the adversary as the true god. They'd rather believe that their ilah is greater than YHWH and force others to accept it as such upon pain of death, not by the hand of their impotent ilah but by their own hands. YHWH bless those Arabs who have broken free of that yoke and who seek Him passionately.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:13:04 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As far as I am aware Yahweh never compares Himself in terms of being greater or the greatest, all He says is I AM. Yah just says there is no other except Him, therefore there is no place for comparison. Yah just gives the facts, "your god provides grease, I provide Oil, your god lies, I tell the Truth, etc. etc." I've emailed a Muslim friend concerning this thread, let's see what he says if he responds...