logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matthew  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2008 4:36:17 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
2 Peter 3:1-8 (ISR) wrote:
1- This is now, beloved ones, the second letter I write to you, in which I stir up your sincere mind, to remember
2 - the words previously spoken by the set-apart prophets, and of the command of the Master and Saviour, spoken by your emissaries,
3 - knowing this first: that mockers shall come in the last days with mocking, walking according to their own lusts,
4 - and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all continues as from the beginning of creation.”
5 - For they choose to have this hidden from them: that the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by the Word of Elohim,
6 - through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.
7 - And the present heavens and the earth are treasured up by the same Word, being kept for fire, to a day of judgment and destruction of wicked men.
8 - But, beloved ones, let not this one matter be hidden from you: that with one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I notice this little passage of Peter speaks volumes. Am I correct in my interpretation of verse 5? From my understanding Peter mentions first that the earth is very old as well as it being separated from other celestial bodies, galaxies (waters, or frimament). But it goes on to mean that they (the mockers) chose not understand Yahweh's creation account and the prophetic implication of Day 2 being the separation of the waters (creation of earth and galaxies) and the separation by water (Noah's Ark). Then he associates those mockers with today's mockers who question God by mocking "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all continues as from the beginning of creation." Underneath this all Peter conitnues to compare a third flood by water (the Tribulation and Judgment Day). But the most interesting part for me is the last verse telling us the secret in understanding all of this, the secret of "one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day" which gives us His timeline of events so that we can know of this period and Day. By linking up Day 2 of creation to the six thousand years plan Peter has given us a very good hint of when it will occur, he's sticking to Yah's method of making plain to those who love Him yet keeping it hidden from those who do not want to know Him.
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2008 5:13:55 AM(UTC)
kp

Well said, Matthew. I recently ran across a possible prophetic confirmation of the principle of "one day equals a thousand years" in, of all places, the sickness of King Hezekiah. Upon praying for healing, he (whose name means "Yahweh strengthens") was told, "I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of Yahweh." (II Kings 20:5) Hezekiah is a prophetic surrogate for the nation of Israel. They have been told by Yahweh, "Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live." (v1) Israel has been on its death bed, pouting with its face to the wall, for the past two thousand years. But the day is coming when they will repent and ask Yahweh for forgiveness, and He will grant it. If II Peter 3:8 means what it seems to mean, the "third day" Yahweh speaks of, when Israel will again "go up to the house of Yahweh" will begin in 2033.

kp