logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Icy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:56:42 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This might have been discussed before but. . .

Book 1 Chapter 1, Hayah wrote:
While we are on the subject of God knowing that which man does not know, of God being light, and of man stumbling in the darkness, the most recent tests conducted by the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe satellite experiment show that dark energy, the force which is unknown to man, occupies 73% of the energy of the universe, and dark matter, the effect which is unknown to man, represents 23% of universal content. Thus our known and testable theories can only account for 4% of the energy and matter in the universe. All we know about Dark Energy is that it is both ubiquitous and repulsive and that its relationship to Dark Matter suggests fine-tuning manifest through intelligent design

I wonder if this needs rewording, or if Yada has a misconception. He says:

73% of energy is dark
23% of matter is dark

Then he adds them. To me, it would seem that there is 27% energy that is not dark, and 77% of matter that is not dark. These shouldn't be added, or, like I said, I think it needs rewording.

As an anology, we could say that we can not find 73 cents of the 100 your own, nor can we find 23 cents of the 100 I own. So, that means together we only have 4 cents that we know about. . . . That math does not work.
Offline Matthew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:40:38 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

We can only account for 4% of the contents within the Universe. The other 96% (dark energy and dark matter) completes the remaining contents within the Universe.

Here is nice BBC article concerning it.

Though I only have 100 cents in my pocket I can only find 4 cents.
Offline Icy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:12:51 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

That's what I thought, which just confirms that this needs rewording.

Maybe something like this:

... tests conducted by the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe satellite experiment show that dark energy, the force which is unknown to man, occupies 73% of the universe, and dark matter, the effect which is unknown to man, represents 23% of universal content.

the phrase "of the energy" right after 73% needs to be removed.
Offline BiynaYahu  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:39:49 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

Icy wrote:
That's what I thought, which just confirms that this needs rewording.

Maybe something like this:

... tests conducted by the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe satellite experiment show that dark energy, the force which is unknown to man, occupies 73% of the universe, and dark matter, the effect which is unknown to man, represents 23% of universal content.

the phrase "of the energy" right after 73% needs to be removed.

Yes, that's correct... maybe you should send it to Yada?

Mike Browell
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 1:32:55 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

I told him the other day after Mike suggested I do so.