logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2008 12:36:39 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Seems as though the christian world seems to be divided about this new "revival" that is happening - I thought it would be good to bring together a collection of information and evidence about this guy and what he is up to.

If you want to see the source pages for the quotes, I have added the link to the top of the quote.

So let's get to know him, in his own words. It's good to hear firstly from the horses mouth, as they say.

Todd Bentley Profile page wrote:

Fresh Fire Ministries is an international ministry called to global harvest. Todd Bentley and his team take God's saving, healing and delivering power to the nations. Todd travels throughout North America , sparking revival fire and equipping the body in power evangelism and healing Ministry. As well, Todd and his team conduct many healing crusades throughout Africa , India , South America , Europe and beyond. Thousands have been saved, healed and delivered.

Todd Bentley, his wife Shonnah and three children, Lauralee, Esther and Elijah live in Abbotsford, BC, Canada.

In his late teens, Todd had a dramatic encounter with the saving and delivering power of God. This experience brought Todd out of a lifestyle of drug and alcohol addiction without cravings or withdrawal symptoms. He was also delivered from a lifestyle involving criminal activity, youth prisons, drugs, sex, satanic music and bondage. Todd's miraculous conversion to Jesus was much like the Apostle Paul's on the Damascus road. Todd was instantly transformed into a radical disciple and soul winning evangelist for Jesus.

God has drawn Todd into deep and intimate places of prayer. These extended times in God's presence has released a fresh prophetic and miracle-healing anointing. In the past God has used Todd to spark many revivals where meetings have been extended to last from one to two months, continuing on even after he has left.

The passion of Todd's life and ministry: is to see others set free through the anointing of the Holy Spirit and to see others come into the reality of intimate relationship with Jesus. He also desires to see Christ's body healed, equipped and rising up in the power of the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great commission.

Todd believes the body of Christ needs to be strengthened and encouraged. He ministers prophetically, corporately and personally as well as brings forth the word of God with the power and demonstration of the Spirit -- God confirming His word with signs and wonders following. God has released an increase of the healing anointing into Todd's life to the point where the blind see, the deaf hear & growths dissolve as Jesus still heals every sickness and disease.

Some more information about the formation of "Fresh Fire".

I wont quote all of this - follow the link at the top of the quote for the full document. I will start with the full introduction though, and some following paragraphs. It was written by Kevin Paterson.

How We Began wrote:

Since Fresh Fire, the revival and healing ministry of Todd Bentley, began igniting spiritual fires across North America and in other nations in recent years, many have asked the question: "How did it all start?" Many Christians seem to wonder how God could raise up and launch a young man in his early 20s into a powerful international ministry after only five years as a Christian.

As one of Todd's closest friends during the early days of Fresh Fire (in 1998), I believe I can offer some answers to these, and many other questions. By observing the beginnings of this spiritual explosion in the life of one young man, I believe that we can all learn keys, which can open the doors to personal and ministry revival in our own lives. Here is my story:

I met Todd in the mid 1990s, a year or two after he was saved at the age of 18. He was spiritually born into the new renewal/revival move of the spirit. I chuckle as I remember Todd as a Holy Spirit junkie who just couldn't get enough of God and his sweet Spirit. Todd loved to soak and play in the presence of God and to give it away. I also heard from friends about this young radical who loved to pray and preach.

A friend and fellow youth minister, Clif Robertson (who has served Todd's ministry the past few years), told me stories of this longhaired, bearded and leather-jacket-clad youngster who was leading people to the Lord on the street and at the skateboard park. It seemed he had this voracious appetite for more of God and as great a desire to share with others the treasures he had found in relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

By 1997, a small group of youth pastor's and I had been meeting for a few years for weekly prayer. A few of us, including Clif Robertson and Jean-Mark Russi (from a charismatic Anglican church in town), began to feel led to start an inter-church revival meeting. In September of 1997, 'Fresh Fire' was born. We began to meet in a small storefront church with a small group of spiritually hungry young people. Our goal was to pray, worship, prophesy, hear God and to ignite a revival fire through youth in our city.

In our monthly Fresh Fire revival meetings, the Holy Spirit would faithfully manifest, touching youth and youth leaders alike and stirring up a greater hunger for Him and His revival touch. In February of 1998, I was feeling a leading of the Lord to slowly step away from some of my ministry involvements including youth pastoring, worship leading and even speaking as much at Fresh Fire. I felt strongly that the Lord was leading me into a set-apart season of intimacy with Him. Clif was also slowing down his ministry involvements. So when I was looking for other fired-up leaders to speak or be involved in Fresh Fire, he suggested Todd.

read more...

Some information from Wikipedia

Wikipedia - Todd Bentley wrote:
Todd Bentley (born 1976) is a Canadian Evangelical Christian and evangelist. He is one of the primary preachers involved in the Charismatic revival meetings in Lakeland, Florida known as the Florida Healing Outpouring. Attendance at the meetings has reached as high as 10,000 visitors a night from around the world[1].

Background

Bentley was raised mainly in Gibsons, British Columbia, a small community on the western coast of Canada. After his parents' divorce, Bentley wrote in his 2008 autobiography, The Journey into the Miraculous, that he struggled with drug and alcohol addiction and criminal activities. Bentley credited his conversion to Christianity for delivering him from that lifestyle and propelling him into ministry at age 18.[2].

In 2001 the now-defunct Report Newsmagazine, a secular conservative publication, ran a profile on Bentley. In the article, they claimed that his criminal activities as a teenager included more than one instance of sexual molestation. The article was graphic in details, summarizing Bentley's behavior as "heinous"[3]. In Canada, the criminal records of juvenile offenders are protected from public disclosure[4], which led to heated controversy in the Christian press, websites, and forums (although not much picked up in mainstream press) about whether Report NewsMagazine had acted correctly in publicizing Bentley's crimes - and whether, if true, this impeached Bentley's position as an evangelist.[5] [6]

Appearance

Bentley maintains an appearance that is very different from the archetype commonly associated with Billy Graham and other well known Christian evangelists. Bentley's arms and neck are covered with tattoos, he has multiple facial piercings, and he favors t-shirts over ties[7][8]. Fellow evangelist Randy Clark has said; "Some people are judging it because Todd doesn't look like your typical evangelist."[9] Bentley contends; "I don't look like your normal evangelist because I'm not."[10]

Read more...

Some things HE has claimed himself (this list will grow as I find more):

* He meets and speaks with an angel called Emma.
* Emma manifests gold dust and other things during meetings
* That he prays to Emma, and other angels - because this is joining together with them to pertition the Father
* That he believes God has money angels, that are ready and willing to get him money. He says he asks the Father for these angels to start gathering money for him.
* That he interviewed "St Paul" in heaven. (although I need to do some more digging on this)

Some claims or reports against him:

* Most or a large majority of the tatoo's he has, he recived AFTER his conversion.
* He has a criminal record involving child molestation.

GodTV have all of his stuff avalible to stream - you can find footage from the Florida, Lakeland "revival" HERE

You can also find alot of information and views for and against on if you search on You Tube.

If you know anything - please post it below and we can form a catalog of information about Todd.

If there are any questions you would like to ask for people to look into please post!

I feel this is important to look into because we have had Christian friends ask us what our view on Todd is, obviously we have to know what we are talking about.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Light1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:19:47 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:29:54 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

im glad you think so light1

Thanks for all the links! im gonna check them all out.
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:59:45 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I remember these type of teachers trying to touch (pushing) me on the head, then blowing into the mike expecting me to fall over. I always had a little bit of suspicion of this Holy Spirit Fire! It did lead me to find the Lord, but the desire for the Truth lead me out and into the arms of Yahuweh, though there was a brief interval of going back into the world between the two.

The Sid Roth's discernment is Gone video in an eye-opener. Reminds me of Benny Hinn and the Sunday morning programs on any God (read: god with a small "g") Channel on cable TV!

That last video is worrisome!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:50:23 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Some more links - testimonies from people who were there, or have experianced Todd and his gang...

Testimony of Todd B Conference in Texas

Images of Bentley's Tattoos - and proof that he has only had them very recently done...

Exposition document of Todd

Raised from the dead... FAKED

Some more experiances of Todd and Fresh Fire Ministrys

Also can you pray for our old church for this weekend... they are kinda gonna get this full blast I think...
Offline highbrow  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:39:42 PM(UTC)
highbrow

This is totally bizarre! He is probably bipolar.
Offline bitnet  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:24:17 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Beware people who preach "Another Jesus" and perform all sorts of "miracles" such that it may even fool the elect. You folks should see the things the Hindu, Taoist and Buddhist priests and monks do here... Todd is of the same vein without the kavadis, joss-sticks and "holy ash."
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:13:50 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

yes highbrow, it would not supprise me either lol

Yea Bit, do you have any evidence we could use in a document that shows the monks and priests doing such things? That would be extreamly useful!

Actually - if anyone can think of ANY scripture at all relating to either the coming of these kinds of people and or especially about the fooling of the elect - could you please post it here. :)

Ju and myself are trying to compile a document for some friends.

Thanks. :)
Offline bitnet  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:24:46 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Do a quick search on Hindu mystic Sai Baba and holy ash and miracles and get the many links. Also do a search on traditions of the Chinese gods and procession of the nine gods. I have seen these small but possessed sedan chairs borne by eight or more strong men sway violently on their shoulders. Then they will perform feats of power and might to show that they cannot be harmed with the protection of the gods. I'm sure that there are videos available.
Offline Light1  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:16:13 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.
Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16 You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2008 2:22:19 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Just to add some more info to something I found out

Here is a video of bentely describing an "operation" he had while in heaven.
Bentley Angel Op - Praise Jebus! (they should have gone for his brain...)

And here is a man describing something similar...
Man having "Angelic" encounter

I've read something like this before... and wait it wasnt in our scripture...

Quote:
Tabari VI:75 "'Messenger, how did you first know with absolute certainty that you were a prophet.' He replied, 'Two angels came to me while I was somewhere in Mecca.... One angel said, "Open his breast and take out his heart." He opened my chest and heart, removing the pollution of Satan and a clot of blood, and threw them away. Then one said, "Wash his breast as you would a receptacle." He summoned the Sakinah [the Hebrew Shekhinah, or God's presence], which looked like the face of a white cat, and it was placed in my heart. Then one said, "Sew up his breast." So they sewed up my chest and placed the seal between my shoulders.'"

There are a few testimonys of angels putting hands inside him... Oh dear...
Offline Tiffany  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 10:27:21 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Besides the fact that everything about this man is backwards and scary, and people need to stand up to him and confront the lies with truth. I am going to point out a grammatically frustrating thing for me

Quote:
Since Fresh Fire, the revival and healing ministry of Todd Bentley

Note that its his ministry....I was under the impression that healing and all things come from Yahuweh.

Thank you everyone for exposing the lies!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 3, 2008 12:35:42 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I agree Tiff, I very much agree...
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 2:50:35 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

So we have emailed a document out to friends and relatives who could be connected to this move...

And this is the document...

TBexposition.pdf

I hope you find it useful, its not all the infomation we found but we did not want it to go over 10,000 words. :)
Offline Light1  
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:01:40 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYkGY94yQWA
Hehe, don't you love it? ;)
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:34:16 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

LOL... thats the kind of video the believers of bentley love though... as they just see the blind unbelievers making fools of themselfs...
Offline Light1  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:38:27 AM(UTC)
Light1
Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnXMMp-0yG0

Watch the guy from his school, looks like seizures! Psychological manipulation can do a lot, but that many freak-outs are demonic!
Offline Matthew  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:27:30 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Light1 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnXMMp-0yG0

Watch the guy from his school, looks like seizures! Psychological manipulation can do a lot, but that many freak-outs are demonic!

LOL, I didn't even get 30 seconds into the clip and I'm laughing. In Todd's own words "I baptize you in the name of the ...oooh... Father, Son and BAAAMM!

Edit:

LOL, two minutes in and it's "we're gonna do a mass sheek-a-boom-ba" concerning water baptism.
Offline bitnet  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:45:53 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

Who was it who said, "Hate the sin, not the sinner"? It really is a test for many people who know and understand the Truth not to get angry and upset with people who lead others blindly. I can only imagine what Messiyah Yahushua went through as He saw us wallow in all our folly for we were just as blind at one time and yet He chose to work with each one of us. Be that as it may, how do we just keep quiet about dastardly deeds perpetrated by some people for mammon and earthly respect and recognition? Do we write to them? Is it our place? Messiyah said, "Let the blind lead the blind," and this is yet another challenge for we do not want people to fall into spiritual ditches from whence we ourselves were recovered from. I suppose exposing it and writing about it and writing to these people at least once should count as a tap on the shoulder, and then we should leave it at that and seek others who are more willing to find His Voice.

Sigh! I actually have a friend who is a pastor at a small local congregation and who practices glossolalia (speaking in tongues). I had a discussion about what Paul/Shaul wrote about it and asked him how people could benefit from hearing syllables that are not words and he felt offended that I questioned the spirit that moved him. I told him that I do not understand why he was getting upset as I only wanted to know how it worked for the listener's benefit as there are no interpreters in most cases, but told him that if he feels that he gains by it and others around him gain by it then it is to their benefit but not mine as it is meaningless to me. Anyway we agreed not to discuss it anymore.

I have since passed him a little more information but I think that it is useless as he never discusses Scripture with me anymore. I probed a little more recently over a meal and finally realised that he knows so much less of the Set-Apart Spirit, the culture and history of Yisra'el, and the crucial role of Yahrushalayim in today's world than many at this site. I do not judge him for this but I fully realised then that the Set-Apart Spirit works only with those that truly, earnestly seek Yahweh, and my friend does not seek Yahweh despite his position as pastor. I felt sad that he continues to seek Jesus Christ but restrained myself. I shall need to speak to him again soon and I fear that this shall strain our relationship but I am prepared to once again reveal that Messiyah Yahushua -- and not Jesus Christ -- should be his focus and that he should fear bringing Yahweh's name to naught.

Edited by user Friday, July 18, 2008 12:51:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Matthew  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:10:21 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

So right Bit! That's what I was feeling at the same time while watching that clip, I was really laughing hard and then suddenly I was brought down when I saw the young girl who had weak eye. He prayed for healing for her, dunked her under the water for baptism, then raised her asking how her vision was. She gave a sad shake of the head disappointed. That ripped me apart. Also, the young guy who you can see really wants the truth, attending Todd's bible school in Canada, and how he told how he was struggling with a lot of problems and then finally wanted to get baptised. So many truth seekers but looking in the wrong places, or just not being able to spot the Truth because there is so much muck from the Enemy lying around.
Offline Juski  
#21 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 8:01:00 AM(UTC)
Juski

You're right matthew - the whole thing makes me very sad. Hungry people will eat anything, they look for satisfation in the wrong places and end up very disappointed. Makes me cry when I see so many people not getting healed, and looking for God in the wrong places.
Offline Matthew  
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:25:43 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Quite an apt article for this section:

Quote:
Man sues Tennessee church for $2.5 million over spiritual fall
Jul 10 02:35 PM US/Eastern
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - A man in Knoxville, Tenn., says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay US$2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Matt Lincoln says he is suing after the church's insurance company denied his claim for medical bills.

The 57-year-old has had two surgeries since the June 2007 injury, but still feels pain in his back and legs.

He says he was asking God to have "a real experience" while praying.

Lawyers for the church say he failed to look out for his own safety, and other congregants even saw him on the floor laughing after his fall.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:26:24 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Oh thats just too funny...
Offline Matthew  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:33:27 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

http://thelawmanchronicl...s-rather-than-light.html

The above link is an interesting article about a guy, Toni Miano, who stood outside the Galen Center and was preaching to people about to enter to hear Todd Bentley speak. He got some very angry responses from the crowd.
Offline bitnet  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:41:54 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

The Ambassador's Alliance, that which Toni Miano is a member of, is more interesting that the ensuing chaos of preaching Torah and Grace to most Christians. That said, it is a interesting that someone named Christian consoled Toni and apologised for the crowd's reaction. Coming back to the Alliance... does anyone have any views about this? It is from their FAQ:

Quote:

3. What kind of leadership structure will the Ambassadors’ Alliance have?

* While Living Waters will oversee every aspect of membership in the Ambassadors' Alliance, reserving the right to include and/or remove churches, para-church ministries, and individuals from the Alliance, Living Waters will not impose a "top-down" leadership structure upon members of the Alliance. We firmly believe the Bible mandates that all spiritual authority is in Christ. And, in His Word, Christ has tasked the local church with providing spiritual leadership and direction to His Body on earth.
* Picture, if you will a wheel. Living Waters and the Ambassadors' Alliance will serve as the hub of the wheel. Each member of the Alliance, whether church, para-church ministry, or individual, will serve as spokes in the wheel, with each spoke carrying no more and certainly no less importance than any other spoke. The spokes are then connected to the outer rim of the wheel which, for purposes of this illustration, represents the world—the saved and the unsaved. Living Waters and the Ambassadors' Alliance, by serving as the hub of the wheel, helps to connect each spoke to one another and to the world, while facilitating the evangelistic movement of each member in the same, unified direction.
* At the moment, Living Waters has no plans to institute an "area leader" structure within the Alliance. Each individual member will be responsible to serve as an ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ—just as every Christian is responsible to do. And the ambassador's primary source of spiritual accountability and leadership is, again, his or her local church leadership.

6. How can my church get involved in the Ambassadors’ Alliance?

* Within the framework of the Ambassadors' Alliance, participating churches are known as "Embassies."
* Each prospective Embassy church will complete an application for membership in the Ambassadors' Alliance. A pastor or designated representative of the church will also be interviewed by the Director of the Ambassadors’ Alliance (by phone or in person).
* An Embassy is a church whose leadership and/or designated members have participated in an Ambassadors' Academy.
* An Embassy is a church that has commissioned an Ambassadors' Academy graduate to serve as the church's Ambassadors' Alliance liaison. This ambassador, at the discretion and under the authority of the church's leadership, will lead and/or facilitate biblical evangelism training and activities within the church.
* An embassy church is one that agrees with the Living Waters Statement of Faith and employs the biblical evangelism principles taught by Living Waters in a manner consistent with the philosophical distinctions of the church and the culture the church is trying to reach.
* Embassy churches will provide regular classes that teach biblical evangelism principles to their church family, and there will be an active evangelism team and/or ministry in the church.
* A church's membership in the Ambassadors' Alliance is not an official, blanket endorsement by Living Waters of neither the church nor all of the church's theological and philosophical positions. An Embassy church has simply met the membership requirements listed above.
* Beyond participation in the Ambassadors' Alliance, Living Waters assumes no authority whatsoever over any Embassy church.
* Living Waters reserves the right to remove any Embassy church from the Ambassadors' Alliance if a church is not in compliance with the Ambassadors' Alliance membership requirements, or for any other reason determined to be in the best interest of Living Waters and the Ambassadors' Alliance.

Run through the AA site again and read who the leaders are, their name, and what you think may be their ultimate goal. Like I said in previous posts, I am somewhat paranoid so my thoughts aren't to be fully trusted, but I sense something about this organisation and its influence. That wheel spoken of above reminds me too much of the one in St Peter's Basilica.
Offline Matthew  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2008 1:29:12 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WR_EHWbc9c0 - Todd and Bob's Bogus Journey - (5:13)
Or watch the full unedited original version here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kGCTMEoifqQ - WSTK-ITV - Bob Jones, Patricia King & Todd Bentley (28:30)
In the first clip Todd Bentley, Bob Jones and Particia King talk about going up to the third heaven, and the smell of vanilla!

Then check these videos by the lady, Particia King, from the previous video discussing angelic encounters and experiencing the "mystical anointing":
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9D1wkThcYada0 - Doctrines of Demons - part one (9:16)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P3YwtjGEdJw - Doctrines of Demons - part two (8:25)

The above video clips are scary, it's still a mystery how their followers can't spot the deception of these people. A similar guy, called John of God, in Brazil performs the same miracles as Bentley, expect (edit: except) he preaches through all religions and often has signs of Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the like in his services. Their anointing is obviously not from Yahweh.

To answer your question bit, one thing I discovered was that it costs US$600 to go to the Abassadors' Academy (on evangelism), this course must be attended in order to gain membership. They seem to say that if a church, para-church, or individual follow "biblical evangelism" they can become members, it doesn't say much about actually whether or not their doctrine needs to be the same. It's all about the Great Commission, to evangelise. But yes, the description of the wheel and them being the hub, with the spokes being their members connected the world also reminded me of the Catholics especially when they don't endorse the theological and philosophical positions of the members, and wanting to connect them to the world, whether to the saved or unsaved. A bit (not you bit) like saying "as long as you preach Jesus, have paid us US$600, attended our course and confessed our mission statement we don't mind what you believe and who you preach too!" Or am I also taking it too far and my thoughts aren't to be trusted?

This makes one even more thankful to KP and Yada for their free material, and being active participants (read: family members) in communicating with us! Thanks guys!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 6, 2008 3:29:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:47:51 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

So Mr Bentley has kinda had worse things happen to him...

http://www.charismanews.com/ wrote:

Todd Bentley’s announcement that his marriage is ending has
thrown our movement into a tailspin—and questions need to be answered.

It was not supposed to end like this.

Evangelist Todd Bentley had heralded the Lakeland revival as the
greatest Pentecostal outpouring since Azusa Street. From his
stage in a gigantic tent in Florida, Bentley preached to thousands,
bringing many of them to the stage for prayer. Many claimed to
be healed of deafness, blindness, heart problems, depression and
dozens of other conditions in the Lakeland services, which ran for
more than 100 consecutive nights. Bentley announced confidently
that dozens of people had been raised from the dead during the revival.

But this week, a few days after the Canadian preacher announced
the end of his visits to Lakeland, he told his staff that his marriage
is ending. Without blaming the pace of the revival for Bentley’s
personal problems, his board released a public statement saying
that he and his wife, Shonnah, are separating. The news shocked
Bentley’s adoring fans and saddened those who have questioned
his credibility since the Lakeland movement erupted in early April.

I’m sad. I’m disappointed. And I’m angry. Here are few of my
many, many questions about this fiasco:

Why did so many people flock to Lakeland from around the world
to rally behind an evangelist who had serious credibility issues
from the beginning?

To put it bluntly, we’re just plain gullible.

From the first week of the Lakeland revival, many discerning
Christians raised questions about Bentley’s beliefs and practices.
They felt uneasy when he said he talked to an angel in his hotel
room. They sensed something amiss when he wore a T-shirt with
a skeleton on it. They wondered why a man of God would cover
himself with tattoos. They were horrified when they heard him
describe how he tackled a man and knocked his tooth out during prayer.

But among those who jumped on the Lakeland bandwagon,
discernment was discouraged. They were expected to swallow
and follow. The message was clear: “This is God. Don’t question.”
So before we could all say, “Sheeka Boomba” (as Bentley often
prayed from his pulpit), many people went home, prayed for people
and shoved them to the floor with reckless abandon, Bentley-style.

I blame this lack of discernment, partly, on raw zeal for God. We’re
spiritual hungry—which can be a good thing. But sometimes, hungry
people will eat anything.

Many of us would rather watch a noisy demonstration of miracles,
signs and wonders than have a quiet Bible study. Yet we are faced
today with the sad reality that our untempered zeal is a sign of
immaturity. Our adolescent craving for the wild and crazy makes
us do stupid things. It’s way past time for us to grow up.

Why didn’t anyone in Lakeland denounce the favorable comments
Bentley made about William Branham?

This one baffles me. Branham embraced horrible deception near
the end of his ministry... and his strange doctrines are still
embraced by a cultlike following today...

Why didn’t anyone correct this error from the pulpit? Godly leaders
are supposed to protect the sheep from heresy, not spoon feed
deception to them. Only God knows how far this poison traveled
from Lakeland to take root elsewhere. May God forgive us for
allowing His Word to be so flippantly contaminated.

A prominent Pentecostal evangelist called me this week after
Bentley’s news hit the fan. He said to me: “I’m now convinced that
a large segment of the charismatic church will follow the anti-Christ
when he shows up because they have no discernment.” Ouch.
Hopefully we’ll learn our lesson this time and apply the necessary
caution when an imposter shows up.

Why did God TV tell people that “any criticism of Todd Bentley is demonic”?

This ridiculous statement was actually made on one of God TV’s
pre-shows. In fact, the network’s hosts also warned listeners that
if they listened to criticism of Bentley, they could lose their healings.

This is cultic manipulation at its worst. The Bible tells us that the
Bereans were noble believers because they studied the Scriptures
daily “to see whether these things were so” (Acts 17:11, NASB).
Yet in the case of Lakeland, honest intellectual inquiry was viewed
as a sign of weakness. People were expected to jump first and
then open their eyes.

Just because we believe in the power of the Holy Spirit does not
mean we check our brains at the church door. We are commanded
to test the spirits. Jesus wants us to love Him with our hearts and our minds.

Because of the Lakeland scandal, there may be large numbers of
people who feel they’ve been burned by Bentley. Some may give
up on church and join the growing ranks of bitter, disenfranchised
Christians. Others may suffer total spiritual shipwreck. This could
have been avoided if leaders had been more vocal about their
objections and urged people to evaluate spiritual experiences
through the filter of God’s Word.

Why did a group of respected ministers lay hands on Bentley on
June 23 and publicly ordain him? Did they know of his personal problems?

This controversial ceremony was organized by Peter Wagner, who
felt that one of Bentley’s greatest needs was proper spiritual
covering. He asked California pastors Che Ahn and Bill Johnson,
along with Canadian pastor John Arnott, to lay hands on Bentley
and bring him under their care.

Bentley certainly needs such covering. No one in ministry today
should be out on their own, living in isolation without checks,
balances and wise counsel. It was commendable that Wagner
reached out to Bentley and that Bentley acknowledged his need
for spiritual fathers by agreeing to submit to the process. The
question remains, however, whether it was wise to commend
Bentley during a televised commissioning service that at times
seemed more like a king’s coronation.

In hindsight, we can all see that it would have been better to take
Bentley into a back room and talk about his personal issues.

The Bible tells us that ordination of a minister is a sober
responsibility. Paul wrote: “Do not lay hands upon anyone too
hastily and thereby share responsibility for the sins of others”
(1 Tim. 5:22). We might be tempted to rush the process, but the
apostle warned against fast-tracking ordination—and he said that
those who commission a minister who is not ready for the job will
bear some of the blame for his failures.

I trust that Wagner, Ahn, Johnson and Arnott didn’t know of
Bentley’s problems before they ordained him. I am sure they are
saddened by the events of this week and are reaching out to
Bentley and his wife to promote healing and restoration. But I
believe that they, along with Bentley and the owners of God TV,
owe the body of Christ a forthright, public apology for thrusting
Bentley’s ministry into the spotlight prematurely. (Perhaps such
an apology should be aired on God TV.)

Can anything good come out of this?

That depends on how people respond. If the men assigned to
oversee Bentley offer loving but firm correction, and if Bentley
responds humbly to the process by stepping out of ministry for a
season of rehabilitation, we could witness a healthy case of church
discipline play out the way it is supposed to. If all those who were
so eager to promote Bentley now rush just as fast to repent for
their errors in judgment, then the rest of us could breathe a huge
sigh of relief—and the credibility of our movement could be restored.

I still believe that God desires to visit our nation in supernatural
power. I know He wants to heal multitudes, and I will continue
praying for a healing revival to sweep across the United States.
But we must contend for the genuine, not an imitation. True revival
will be accompanied by brokenness, humility, reverence and
repentance—not the arrogance, showmanship and empty hype
that often was on display in Lakeland.

We are weathering an unprecedented season of moral failure and
spiritual compromise in our nation today. I urge everyone in the
charismatic world to pray for Bentley; his wife, Shonnah; his three
young children; Bentley’s ministry staff; and the men and women
who serve as his counselors and advisers. Let’s pray that God will
turn this embarrassing debacle into an opportunity for miraculous restoration.
Offline Tiffany  
#28 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2008 10:18:41 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Here is the press release from Fresh Fire Ministries regarding the recent seperation of Todd and his wife....what a sad story.

Quote:
Greetings Partners and Friends, The last four months have been some of the most amazing months in the history of Fresh Fire Ministries. We have witnessed God pour out His Spirit in an unprecedented way in Florida and around the world in the first revival in history to be broadcasted live into literally millions of homes and churches across all five continents and into more than 200 countries. The “Outpourings” as they have come to be called are continuing now in many cities worldwide. These fiery hot coals of revival are sweeping through the Body of Christ, crossing geographical, political and denominational boundaries as the Holy Spirit brings the manifest presence of the glory of God back to His church with tangible demonstrations of his saving, healing, delivering power.
As a result, we as a ministry have experienced the blessing and the burden of exponential increases of activity and interest in our activities, functions and resources. Our website during the last few months has received as many as 6 million hits in one month and our office has struggled to cope with numberless phone calls and emails which have taxed our infrastructure and human resources almost to the breaking point. We so appreciate the patience and grace many of you have extended to us during this time, whether waiting for us to answer the phone or process your donation or product order. To overcome this challenge, we have hired more than a dozen new staff in our home base here in Abbotsford in addition to the many staff temporarily hired to help with the administration of the Outpouring in Lakeland, Florida.
The Lord’s blessings and abundance have been so evident on the ministry during this season of intense activity and we rejoice in seeing and being able to participate in what we believe is only the beginning of a worldwide awakening. It is with considerable sadness then, that we must temper the jubilation we know you all feel with the sobering news that Todd and Shonnah Bentley are presently experiencing significant friction in their relationship and are currently separated. We want to affirm that there has been no sexual immorality on the part of either Todd or Shonnah, nor has there ever been. Undoubtedly the pressures and the burden of the Outpouring, which approaches 144 days on August 23rd, have helped to create an atmosphere of fatigue and stress that has exacerbated existing issues in their relationship. We wish to stress however, that the Outpouring is not “to blame” for the current chain of events and that in effect we have no interest in blaming anyone, but rather we deeply covet your prayers for Todd and Shonnah and for Fresh Fire Ministries during this time.
We know that many of you will have questions, for most of which we presently have no answers. We cannot see far down the path ahead of us, but we have quiet confidence in the One who sees the end from the beginning and promises to provide grace and strength for whatever lies ahead. We are hopeful that the outcome will include restoration, but we can make neither promise nor guarantee. We intend to take each day as it comes and look intently for the new mercies promised us each morning. We will watch and pray and ask each of you to do the same, knowing that you will pray as you are led by the Holy Spirit.
In the meantime, we encourage you to continue to participate in current Outpourings, whether the Florida Outpouring or one in your area and region, …or to become one if there are none nearby. As a ministry, we continue to encourage and facilitate these growing Global Outpourings, providing Fresh Fire Associate ministries, resources, and input wherever needed.

We are still fully committed to our crusade in Uganda, Africa later this month, and though Todd will not be in attendance, our Fresh Fire Team and Associate Ministries will lead a team of almost one hundred people from around the world to share the love of God, the power of the gospel, and humanitarian aid with the people of Uganda. While there, we will also connect with the Uganda Jesus Village, the Fresh Fire Children’s Home where we shelter and provide for over 60 orphans rescued from war and poverty only a few years ago. We’re excited about seeing the recently purchased 35-acre property that will contain both a school and homes for the children and their “mamas.” As we step inside the first home (being completed as we arrive) we will be stepping towards our dream of not only protecting and nurturing hundreds of orphans, but raising them up to become full-fledged ambassadors of Christ to the nation of Africa and beyond.
With all of this in mind, we ask each of you to continue to pray with us, both for Todd and Shonnah and for this ministry, as we continue to bring the saving, healing, and delivering power of God to a dry and thirsty world, desperate for an encounter with the endless love of the living God.
We thank you again for your many prayers and support and we truly believe the promise of the Lord that He will indeed work all things together for our good.
With our sincerest blessings and gratitude,
The Fresh Fire Ministries Board of Directors
Offline bitnet  
#29 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 2:16:38 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Nonsense begets more nonsense. What separates the Bentleys is not explained, neither is why they cannot be reconciled. And they expect the followers to be faithful? Foolishness in its entirety! Sorry if it seems harsh but they at least are accountable to their flock, having raised it as such. One wonders if they shall turn away from error unto Abba Yahweh for forgiveness and direction.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#30 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 4:03:47 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

bitnet wrote:
One wonders if they shall turn away from error unto Abba Yahweh for forgiveness and direction.

I hope so
Offline Tiffany  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 6:06:30 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

My heart breaks for this situation...

This is the same thing that happened to Ted Haggard a few years ago from another church here in the states, but the sad thing was his flock beat him and left him for dead. The church has never recovered.

But this is what we get for putting our faith in man and the works he does by his own hands.

My prayers go out to those who are lost and hurting, I am praying for a transformation from Yah into the lives of all the misguided and misdirected sheep.

Tiffany
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#32 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:53:40 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

wow.
Offline Matthew  
#33 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 1:35:59 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

What do they mean by "on an emotional level?" Are the saying he has committed adultery already, or that he is just very close to another woman?
Offline bitnet  
#34 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 7:49:19 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Now it slowly comes out... and begins to make more sense. Soon more info shall clarify the situation and then the flock can decide what they want to do.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#35 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 2:31:53 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

"It wasnt me sir, I didnt do it..."