logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline EI  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:01:58 AM(UTC)
EI

Here is a website that I have found regarding the"Truth" of islam. I like to read these websites and practice debunking the claims that they make which sometimes can truly look good on paper, especially to an uneducated mind. For there is a way that seems right to man but the end of leads to death. Maybe Yahuweh did not have this in mind or maybe he did amongst other things. However, in order to completely convey truth I feel we have to try to look at scripture from the eyes of those that would slander it. In essence we should be prepared to give an account of why we believe what we believe. For it can be a very daunting task if we were to ever come up against a 'knowledgeable' "opponent". But we must be prepared to defend the truth, sometimes, against obvious problems.

My question is how do we approach certain situations when in essence there is some truth to the fact that scripture has been altered? How do we answer certain questions when logically what is being said makes sense? For example, Yahushua prayed to God, if he is God why did he pray to himself? Or what about the discrepency between the age of Ahaziah when he began to rule? The fact is that there are 'errors', whether we subscribe them to copyist or not. And there are things that from a 'common sense' standpoint can be quite confusing?

The link below is to one of the better 'refutations' of the 'Bible' being from God! Ofcourse it is Islamic, and I am looking forward to going through it and testing my skills 'answering' it. Anythought on the above is more than welcoming.

http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~abdelfa/Islam/Islam.html#5
Offline kleeb  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 25, 2008 5:04:04 PM(UTC)
kleeb

Let me go off in one direction with your question. It is something that all of has realized. Remember when you were a christian and thought you knew the truth? I remember. I realized today that things that I thought were true just this morning may not be so. What I'm saying is that we still don't know the whole truth and that even an atheist, muslim, or a pagan can point out something that doesn't make sense. Then we have to look again at scripture and see if what we believe is really the truth. We think we have broken away from the lies of our former religion, but I now realize that is not so easy. We need to look at all scripture as if we are looking at it for the first time. If we are truly in our heart seeking the truth, then we are going in the right direction. Satan sees this and wants to turn us from this pursuit. One of the ways he can do this is to make us think that our truths are lies. And some may be. We can't let it discourage us when we do find a lie. It doesn't mean that the word or Yahweh is a lie, it means that we need to look harder for the truth. It is there. Lee