logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 7:11:21 AM(UTC)
Yada

I found this interesting 4 hour video series online and thought I would post the links.

Part 1 is here.
Part 2 is here.
Part 3 is here.
Part 4 is here.

The description of the series is as follows:

Quote:
'Selling their souls? Come ON now.' But this gripping ...documentary shows some of rock and ... all » roll's most celebrated artists - including Lennon, Morrison and Jagger - speaking about their ties to the occult, IN THEIR OWN WORDS.

The content of this 4-hour series, chronicles the modern music industry's ties to the occult over the past 75 years... Written in part (and narrated) by pastor, researcher, and former hard rock musician Joe Shimmel, it is an alarming spiritual awakening for ANYONE who wants to know how violence, sexual immorality and blasphemy have been able to completely infiltrate the powerful, billion-dollar music business... AND the hearts and minds of those who listen to it!

Edited by user Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:57:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 8:58:21 AM(UTC)
kp

Music, like anything in this world, can be used to honor Yahweh or war against Him. It is spiritually neutral in itself. But it is a powerful, emotive force, which explains why satan is so focused on capturing the attention of humanity through the use of music. In the right combination, its components (melody, chord structure, tempo, lyric content, and instrumentation/orchestration) can be extremely uplifting. Combined differently, these components can conspire to encourage the listener to tune out the voice of God---make him forget whose he is and why he's here.

But rock and roll? It has no monopoly as a satanic music style. Have you ever carefully considered the libretto of the average opera? Most of them are worse than your average TV soap opera---full of illicit sex, murder, betrayal, and foolishness. Satan has known for a long time that to unregenerated mankind, sin sells.

kp
Offline Yada  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 3:35:16 PM(UTC)
Yada

very interesting - I have been to a number of operas and never really thought about it but you're right. Thanks Ken.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:38:20 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom All,

KP is a man after my own heart... it's not just the type of music but what goes into the music. There are many ways to usurp the beauty and that is all around us, and music is just a another conduit of expression that can be hijacked. I grew up listening to many types of music, and living in Asia there is a lot of music! Have you ever listened to the hypnotising rhythms of the tamblas pacing the tempo of the sitar in karnatic music? Or the melodic strains of the shakuhachi echoing the calls of nature? And all of these included in popular rock music ala Led Zeppelin? Or when rock music blends with a symphony orchestra ala Deep Purple?

There is a wide range of expression and if the lyrics are benign, then it is possible to have a sense of appreciation. I like looking at the grandmasters of art, from before da Vinci through to the modern masters and Warhol is now among them complete with his Campbell's soup cans. If people can appreciate it, then there are some who may appreciate elevator music. And still sell their souls for it. Rock and roll is notorious because of the influence it has on people. But it had no influence on me and I listened to a wide range from Little Richard, the Rolling Stones, the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Santana through to Dire Straits, Prince, The Police, Bruce Springsteen, Bo Diddley and a whole host of others including great bluesmen like Muddy Waters and BB King but still don't care to idolise them or their music. Don't get me wrong... I still listen to their music as it is really good, and I would not classify it as demonic. Of course there are groups that purposely play to that crowd but I don't care two hoots for them especially if their music incites hate and rebellion and is mired in the occult.

On the other hand I know of a guy in a cave far away who speaks in a low, soft gentle voice but whose words incite hatred and cause people to fly planes into buildings. You can bet he hates the music of the people mentioned above but he is perhaps even more destructive. The there is also reggae, which is a nice class of music that promotes peace and love but which also has some serious underpinnings of a religion gone wrong and its association with the use of marijuana and other illicit substances. I like the music, parts of the culture but don't buy the rest of it that does not jive with my values. So the thing to do is to look, listen and have proper perspective and not jump on a type of music because some of its adherents also profess a belief in the devil and worship the devil.

Shalom Aleichem
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.