logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Heretic Steve  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 8:09:08 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

We all know the story. The ques is, why did the religious cranks need Judas to id Yahushua? Certainly they knew who He was and what He looked like. Why the need for the formality of the kiss/betrayal routine?
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Icy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 4, 2008 9:34:15 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Wasn't it Roman soldiers who took him in? They might not have known what Yahushua looked like.
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 5, 2008 12:19:32 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hello All,

Icy is right. The religious cowards did not want to be at the scene so they complained to Pilate who sent a squad to arrest Yahushua. Judas volunteered to identify Yahushua with the customary greeting, a kiss on the cheek. To ensure that the deed was done, the high priests sent their servants to accompany Judas. A follower of Yahushua got angry and cut the right ear off a high priest's servant, but taking pity on the servant who was obeying his master's command, Yahushua healed the person and re-attached the ear.

Right there at this point if one was in the garden, one would think twice about arresting Yahushua! Judas must have been really troubled at this time seeing the miracle right in front of his face, even in this time of adversity. Petros and the others who were indignant that Yahushua was arrested would have noticed the miracle and pointed it out to the people around them to vindicate Yahushua. The poor servant himself would have had an epiphany! The Roman soldiers would have wondered about these crazy Yahudi turning on each other, especially a seemingly great healer!

Anyway, that's way too far off the topic and may be good for another post.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Heretic Steve  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 10:18:40 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Thx for the reply, gents.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 2:55:24 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There is a dramatized version of the "passion week" on BBC1 at the mo, which has obviously met with quite some heckles from christian groups - apparently Judas isnt evil enough. ANYWAY, I havnt looked this up yet, coz thats the kinda dude I am lol, but in the dramatization Yahushua (or Jesus as hes known in it) tells Judas to go and prepare the passover lamb. He was actually talking about taking the lamb to be killed at the temple, and not about himself... OR WAS HE (queue dramatic music)

I thought this was a cool little parallel to be drawn... Someone had to take the lamb to be slaughtered, maybe this happened... I cant remeber it in scripture (and I have not looked).

If it wasnt in scripture, I thought it was an interesting parallel for the story tellers to be making.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Theophilus  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2008 2:33:55 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Steve, I hope that means you feel that your question has been addressed?

Going into this weekend I noticed a number of Dicovery channel-like features on Yahushua. Yes I know Yada has cautioned us about these and can see why. One focused on Judas and described him as not being the betrayer the RC Scriptures identify him as. Why? Because Yahushua doesn't call him that explicitly before the deed.

My question to these "scholars" being would not the free will of Judas, not to mention the treatment Judas would recieved from Yahushua's other followers have been called into to question if not putting his life endanger had Yahushua habitually called upon Judas as "Betrayer" in there company?
Offline Heretic Steve  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 6:19:27 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

High Theo,
Not sure what you mean by "that" in your first ques, although the folks here do a first rate job, usually, when addressing questions. I say usually 'cause some of my questions may not be answerable/addressable.

As to your last ques? Sorry, I don't understand what your asking.
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:57:57 AM(UTC)
kp

I think what Theo was getting at was the idea that Judas was identified by Yahshua as the betrayer during the last supper. He is singled out by name only in the Matthew 26 version and in John 13 (not in Mark 14 or Luke 22). But one gets the impression that Yahshua didn't stand on the table, point a bony finger of condemnation at Judas, and growl, "That is the man!" Rather, the narrative seems to support the idea that although Yahshua let Judas know that He knew what he was planning to do, using means as subtle as they were unmistakable, he didn't announce it to the whole group. If he had, one of them (no doubt the impetuous Peter) might have grabbed a sword and tried to cut off Judas' head. No, I think Yahshua's identification of His betrayer was done with a whisper and a nod, as if to subtly say, "You've gotta do what you're heart tells you to do, Judas. Go quickly and get it over with. I won't try to stop you. I'm sorry for you, for the disastrous choice you've made, but in the end, it's your decision."

kp