logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gammafighter  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 4:35:18 PM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Hi all.
In the interest of full disclosure, I think we should have a topic to post our research on non-canon books that some people claim to be Scripture. Who knows, we might stumble onto a long-forgotten book that really is Scripture. There are a lot of different views of Yahshua out there and it would nice to be able to say "I know for certain that the Gospel of Such-And-Such is a false book."

For example, there was a guy who claimed to find documents that said Yahshua went to India as a child to study under the gurus there and "become" the enlightened Christ. Here's a link explaining why that claim is blatantly false.
http://home.earthlink.net/~ronrhodes/JesusNAM.html

Also, here's a good site that refutes the claims of the Da Vinci Code including the Gospel of Mary.
http://www.thetruthabout...-books-of-the-bible.html
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2008 10:21:51 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
that sounds like a good idea, even if we can see what other manuscripts were left out of the cut... I don't really have any idea about the other books included in the RCC scriptures or the ones even left out. What was'nt chosen to be in our "bibles" and what do they say?
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Mike_Browell  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 6:43:08 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Daddy Yahweh's Love Everyone,

If you are wondering about non-canon gospels then this site might be of interest. Yahuwshua is Yahweh

Your loving brother,
Michael Browell
Offline Sator  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:24:40 PM(UTC)
Sator

I did a large amount of studying on this topic 15 years ago or so. I only say that because it's a pretty daunting task. Be prepared for massive amount of reading.
http://wesley.nnu.edu/biblical_studies/noncanon/ is a decent place to go. Also, the dead sea scrolls has about 900 or so documents like the Gospel of Thomas, Barnabas, Mary etc... You can buy practically the entire collection at any bookstore in a single book. I doubt anyone on the forum will have any trouble figuring out why any of the writings didn't make it into scripture. It was very easy to pick out things in each text that just didn't fit the message of Yahweh.

I have read just about all of them made available to the public. Including the works available from the early church fathers ( http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/hcc2.toc.html). It took me about 5-6 years to read them all. Some of these people church leaders, fathers etc... are just plain scary. You could see the word of Yahweh being twisted from day one. Even before John the Apostle died the word was being warped beyond reason.

I did the study to find out what man or men 1600 years ago decided for me with out my input what was scripture and what wasn't. The conclusion i came to is that scripture selection was a home run selected by Yahweh.

Offline gammafighter  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2008 8:56:56 AM(UTC)
gammafighter
Man

Thanks Sator, that IS a lot of reading, lol.
Offline Truth Seeker  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 4:45:56 PM(UTC)
Truth Seeker
Man

Goodspeed's Apocrypha has some worthwhile extra-biblical books. I believe these are the books that were part of the Catholic Bible.
One that I read a while back in addition to those was "the Apocalypse of Baruch".
I personally don't put much stock in these "gospel" type books like the "Gospel of Thomas" or "Gospel of Judas".
I came to the conclusion also that what was canonised got in the Scriptures by providence.
Some of those othe books are interesting reading as long as they don't contradict Scripture.