logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lassie1865  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 5:58:26 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Hi. I am thrilled to have been led to the YY website, and now to this forum. I have been reading the YY site for weeks now and printing out volumes from it to give to my friends who do not have computer access. A larger font size would be good; I don't mind purchasing more paper! (smaller margins might help, too). I am soo happy to hear that the Scriptures are actually being translated (upgraded); I was going to email Ken Power and encourage him to do just that! I am praying that my church group will be open to this; I have delivered some of this material to our pastors while they are home recuperating from some serious surgery. I think my church is the coolest on the planet, but we surely have much to learn (relearn, unlearn). I also have been planning to attend a weeknight gathering of Messianic Jewish folks here in town to learn more about them, especially with Passover coming up. I have suggested to my church folks that we go to a sheep ranch and learn about sheep, pick out a lamb, and then prepare the lamb for a Passover dinner. I have not yet received their response.

Shalom
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 10:15:57 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Welcome Lassie1865,

Three things to remember while going through the posts on this site: 1) we are all human; 2) we shall question almost everything worth questioning; 3) we respect each other very much. That said, we really have no religion and shall not get back into it as our new found liberation in Yahushua is exactly as He said it would be: His burden is light so that we can walk the straight and narrow.

There is a place in Colorado that always reminds me of stumbling... yes, Boulder. It is also home to where Robin Williams' career shot up to the stars in Mork & Mindy. I guess coming from Colorado all this is rather blase but when I read that you gave some of the YY info to your pastors I had this "vision" of them stubbing their toes on a big boulder regarding the return of someone from outer space to save the earth, not that Mork came to save earth anyway. But I digress...

Hope you enjoy your stay here and grow with us and share with us your joys, travails and doubts as well as your convictions and understandings. There have been a few signups recently and I apologise for not welcoming all but I have been rather distracted lately but I wish you all Welcome! Now, if only there were more people from my part of the world...

Shalom Aleichem
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:56:12 AM(UTC)
kp

Hi, Lassie1865, and welcome to the forum. May Yahweh bless you richly as you join us in seeking His truth.

kp
Offline Heretic Steve  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:59:15 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Hi Lassie! Glad to have you onboard.
If not us, who? If not now, when?