logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike_Browell  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:51:17 PM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Yahweh our dad's peace and love everyone,
I have a cousin who I believe if approached the right way is intelligent enough to accept the truth. I ask you my brothers and sisters in Yahushua Messiah to pray with me, and to give suggestions as to a plan for introducing her to Yada Yahweh. And a good argument for introducing Yahweh Elohim as creator of the universe to an agnostic or athiest... I pray insight or labourers will come to me in this matter.

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 12:28:09 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom Mike,

Whenever you approach someone, especially a relative, it is always a good idea to pray that the person would have an open mind towards the message that you want to share. Then, in most cases, a question about what happens after death usually is a good ice-breaker. If you play BioShock, then you can point out that Rapture is not just an advanced aquacity but also the name of the Trumpet event before the end of the age. Look for clues as how to broach the subject and NEVER tell people that they must believe in a God and that the name of that God is Yahweh or else they lose their souls in hellfire for eternity! I'm sure when you speak and ask for guidance, the Set-Apart Spirit shall help you to say the right words. Just don't rush it.

Peace and Take Care!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Mike_Browell  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 11:11:19 AM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Yahweh our dad's peace and love Bitnet,
Great advce I actually should try that BioShock game it sounds fun. And as for rushing in I've broached the subject a few... hundred time. Mostly because I can't help it I just love talking about Yahweh, and his glory. The problem is though she seems on the verge of conceeding my points about probabilty of no creator and the universal spiritual laws, but says that the idea of a God to her is a rediculus far fetched idea. At the same time she has never even thought about reading the scriptures, and made her decision without adequate proof. I've never really understood this because in all honesty even before I was a believer I believed in God and it seems like a big decision to just dismiss off hand. Anyway, thank you for your words of support and I pray the Father to open her heart to his truth, love and light.

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 10:42:33 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Team Fortress 2 is where its at guys ;) :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline jojocc  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 12:00:12 AM(UTC)
jojocc

Well, PC Solitaire is it for me, or maybe Winrisk - there is a certain buzz to taking over the world (ha ha ha ha evil villain laugh).

But seriously, we need to remember that many are called but few are chosen. I hate to sound cold-hearted, but we are going to have to leave behind some dearly loved friends and family, some of whom have even been called, bu just not chosen.

I talk daily to my Abba YHWH and tell him about the people that I love who don't know him yet, I ask him if he would show himself to them, be it through me or any other media. What I have to remember is that Salvation is not mine to give. Salvation is the gift of Yahashua and YHWH, and that Salvation itself is only the starting point.

Talking about YHWH all the time must be wonderful, for me it is restricted to my close family and you guys and girls. I am waiting for the day when YHWH removes the scales from the eyes of those around me, and those that I love who are far from me, so that we can share in the love of YHWH, that will truly be a special day, but it has to be YHWH's doing.

Remember that anything you say and do that is of your own righteousness is as filthy rags. If YHWH is talking through you, people will be able to see him and his RQ at work. I did not turn to YHWH through the words of my parents, although they were praying for me every day, I turned to him because of the words of an unbeleiver. Then my parents were there to love and support me in my growing beleif and reliance (and greif at the loss of my ideals/shibboleths I should add).

The gift of Salvation is a mighty gift, let it come from the hands of Yahashua, who died that we might be able to take it.
Offline JamesH  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2008 3:00:50 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This is one of those questions that came to me lately that I have'nt had time to study. Many are called as in (Ekklesia). But few are chosen as in (Moses, Noah, John, Paul, and so on).

Just a thought.

Jim
Offline FF  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2008 9:57:54 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

Mike,

Welcome to YY Forum. It is so good to rejoice together.

The Yahhudwym's Job description reads, Expose Lies-Reveal Truth-Let Dad do the work. Then that leaves two more things Yahweh ask, GET INFORMATION-MAKE A CHOICE or get educated-change your thinking.

Time is short, DROP THE beneficial message of truth you have learned and ask Dad to help those you just introduced to the Big Bang. Better a little shaking now than to leave your friends and family to the adversary’s shaking in the left behind group.

FF
FF
Offline jojocc  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 4:39:25 AM(UTC)
jojocc

Hi Jim,

I'm not sure if this counts as hi-jacking the thread or not - please repost it if it should be in a new thread :-)

This line has bothered me for a while, why would few be chosen? So I went to look it up in the Greek.

πολλοὶ γάρ εἰσι κλητοὶ, ὀλίγοι δὲ ἐκλεκτοί.

The word used for 'called' is κλητός (Kleetos) and Strongs defines it as 'invited' or 'appointed' The word Ekklesia commonly translated as 'church' comes from the same root, and as we all know, really means 'the called out ones'.

The word used for 'chosen' is ἐκλεκτός (Eklektos) which Strongs defines as 'select', 'chosen', 'favourite' or 'elect'.

So we could say in English, "Many are invited but few are selected."

Also, it is important to have this in context. If you look at what has happened before, a guy has come to a wedding, but is not wearing wedding garments. He is bound hand and foot and cast out into the darkness (also means obscurity). We are told that there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. I would only gnash my teeth when I'm really narked off at something, or I feel frustrated, disappointed, angry or betrayed.

So there are many of us invited to the wedding (we being the bride and Yahashua/YHWH being the groom) but only those of us wearing the right garments (read those of us with oil in our lamps) will be selected to feast.

What are the right garments?

I would say we should be clothed in the Ruarkh HaQodesh, which is the same as having oil (RQ) in our lamps. Once we have invited the RQ in and have handed over our own righteousness to YHWH to be replaced with his, guided be the RQ, we will be properly dressed for the wedding.

As far as the gnashing of teeth, this tells me that there will be many who were invited, but are not wearing wedding garments/have no oil in their lamps, they will have thought that to be invited is enough, and they will wail and gnash their teeth as they are bound and cast into oblivion. Not a nice thought.

I would like to take this chance to reiterate my earlier post, that what we do in our own righteousness is as filthy rags. If it is through us that YHWH wants to spread his message, that YHWH wants to invite people to the Wedding, then people will hear and come properly dressed.

Our job as Yehudim is to agape YHWH with all our hearts and minds and souls, and to let his righteousness (read RQ) lead us. When we are at the point that YHWH can use us, then he will put the right words in our mouths, and we will be able to go forth with confidence, not doubt about what to say.

If you are not sure what to say, it is because YHWH is not talking through you. When he does, you and those who are able to hear will know, and you all will be a bit surprised at the eloquence that flows :-)

Then we really do give praise to YHWH, for the glory shines on him.
Offline bitnet  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 5:57:58 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom Everybody!

Good to be back after three days away at my sisters place. I love her dearly but I miss you guys!

As for jojocc's post, I had always maintained that our calling is to declare our love for Father Yahweh by loving Him in the manner that He says, and not according to our ideas. And we are to let the RQ lead the way as our way is totally insufficient. We are also called to love each other the way Yahushua loves us, and this is no small matter for we know that His love for us is TREMENDOUS! Therefore, it behooves me to enquire time after time whether we can or should meet to fellowship in person, so that it may be proper for us to understand each other better, or more appropriately, the Light that Yahweh shines through each of us. It is one of the reasons that I proposed assembling on the coming Miqra in April, or perhaps for Shavuot and Sukkoth later in the year. I really appreciate this website and the love for Yahweh and for each other I see in my brothers and sisters here, and I really would like for us to meet one day as commanded. We have been blessed with much, and we praise Yahweh for everything. Let us do as we should as we hearken to obey His TWO commandments upon which hangs all the law.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.