logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2008 12:32:36 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
On another post I mentioned an amazing comment that was made by a Messianic Pastor that said that the priestly caste from the Levites accepted Yahushua as Messiah in great numbers and in urgency following his first advent on earth. The reasons for this was that they were dealing with the shadow pictures and allusions of Messiah on a daily basis in the Temple worship system which is of course derived for the most part from Torah. It goes without saying that the abandonement by the Levites from traditional Judaism hastened the consolidation of power by the pharisees (the Rabbis). Does anybody have anything to say about this? Is there any historical record or scriptural record of this alleged phenomenon?
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline jojocc  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 12:16:21 AM(UTC)
jojocc

The Levites here are just as Rabbinical as the rest of them. What they are doing for us, especially the Cohenim, is readying the third temple for the deceiver to inhabit. So I guess they have their important role to play.

Historically I do not know about the Levites turning to Yahashua, to be honest, after the Temple was destroyed the Levites became defunct. Many were wiped out by the Romans at the behest of the Pharisees. It is possible that many of the early Yehudim were Levites, they would have realised that with the Temple gone Yahashua must have been the Masiach, but it would be difficult to corroborate this.

Today, geneticists have managed to isolate the Levitical gene, so the Levy's, Cohens etc are able to be genetically tested to prove their Levitical lineage. Like everything else, this must have happened for a reason, even if it is purely for them to ready the Third Temple for the beast.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 5:11:06 AM(UTC)
kp

Having dug into the Torah a bit more than the average "christian," I'm not the least bit surprised that the Levites in the Apostolic age would have "gotten it." As for the priests, that very fact is recorded in Acts 6:7... "and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith." If you're willing to look at the Torah as Yahweh's plan for our salvation, something more significant than a mere list of rules, the Messiah's presence is everywhere you look. Perhaps this new generation of Levites will figure it out again.

All of this goes a long way toward explaining why the rabbis under Akiba went to such great lengths to usurp the Levitical authority of the Levites and priests. Have you guys ever read Daniel Gruber's book Rabbi Akiba's Messiah? It's a fascinating, terrifying historical account of how this great tragedy was perpetrated. A "must read."

kp
Offline Mark  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 5:15:38 PM(UTC)
Mark

jojocc's idea that focus on the Torah will lead to building of the third Temple and thus the fulfillment of prohpecies regarding antichrist is one of my personal beliefs.

Need I be concerned about my friends here so focused on the Torah?
Offline shalom82  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2008 7:30:43 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Mark,
As kp said;

Quote:
If you're willing to look at the Torah as Yahweh's plan for our salvation, something more significant than a mere list of rules, the Messiah's presence is everywhere you look.

I think most of us here have the concept of what the Torah really says about Messiah and the Rabbi's list of self fulfilling qualifiers pretty much down pat. People came to faith in Messiah because of what the Tanakh said. Honestly, I didn't really come believe in and trust the Messiah until I understood the Tanakh. I would worry about "new testament" churches more than I would Yahudim who place their trust in Messiah and strive to walk in the upright ways of Yahuweh out of love, gratitude, and understanding precisely because of the Tanakh. Are we any of us Rabbinics or Rabbis that you should worry about us...even as we discuss Rabbinic perversion?

Shalom Aleichem
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 3:33:30 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Mark - Im really not being rude or condersending when I say this but I think you are missing the point :) I would recommed you read the books affiliated with this discussion forum:

Yada Yahweh
Future History
The Owners Manual

The reason I say this is, if we were to explain why the old testiment is important, and why you have probably been told it is not, then we would have to write 3 documents, probably called Yada Yahweh, Future History and The Owners Manual, and that would not fit into a single forum post :) Plus, the mod team would have to read it... ;)

If you have a read of the aforementioned sites you would quickly discover why.

Thanks for your concern and obvious loving attitude, its very refreshing!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline jojocc  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 6:08:36 AM(UTC)
jojocc

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your concern.

I would just like to clarify that 'focus on the Torah' WILL lead us down the path of YHWH, as long as we remember that the idea is not to become slaves to what is written there, rather to let it guide us through the chaos that is the world without YHWH.

The modern Levites are NOT focusing on the Torah - that is the whole problem - they are focusing on the RABBINICAL INTERPRETATION of the Torah, which is entirely man-made and usually contrary to Torah.

I would hope that the more you find out and get to know YHWH, the more you will feel the need to refer to the Torah, for it will be written on your heart. Yahashua was a Torah scholar, most of what he says comes from Torah or the Tanakh (the Old Testament).

This all sounds a bit funky, or it did to me at first, but then I actually read the Tanakh for myself, and I found that many things that I had been taught by my church (2 times a week for seven years) were evasive of the truth, or just left out all together.

Hope that clears things up a bit.
Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 7:20:58 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Oy Vey! Don't be misled by the Talmud as Torah or Tanakh explanation! Neither is Strong's Concordance a reliable explanation from the Christian perspective.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 8:21:41 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

bitnet wrote:
Oy Vey!

hehehe that made me giggle
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...