logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike_Browell  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 7:59:05 AM(UTC)
Mike_Browell
Man

Peace and Happiness Everyone,
Okay I will try this one LAST time, and I ask that the mods watch closely and shut this down as soon as it goes off the tracks (if). Does anyone have any Spiritually edifying music to suggest to me?

Your Loving Brother,
Michael Browell
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 8:59:21 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hehe sorry Mike :S and sorry MZ... /hug

Personally I do listen to some "Christian" stuff still - there are some good love songs to our Father out there. I do avoid the Lordy, Christ'ie and Jesus'ie songs though - oh and dodgy doctrine...

Mercy Me I enjoy some of their songs, and Casting Crowns - oh and some Third day. I hope that is more helpful :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 9:35:46 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In light of everything I still stand by Matisyahu

Refuge (taken from Ps. 61)
Chop Em Down (account of the life of Joseph and the wilderness wanderings)
Jerusalem (Ps. 137 and a clear demonstration of love for Yerushalaim and Israel)
Those are just a few examples.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline J&M  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2008 10:29:43 PM(UTC)
J&M

Shallom Everyone,

There is music being produced now by ascribing musical notation to the hebrew alphabet and then it can be played on any instrument. Rather like Mandelbrot ( a mathmatical form using complex numbers which are applied to produce music and art).It might even be a question of which actually came first!!!!
It has been a tradition amongst some Jews to read the Psalms to sick people to promote and aid healing. If there is truth in this it will be by hearing (Gal 3:5), possibly the vibration of the sound also has some function?

http://www.musicfromgod.com/ is a possible link to do followup on how from.

Shabbut Shallom
Jane
Offline MZ  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2008 9:38:18 AM(UTC)
MZ

Shabbat Shalom Mike,
The most spiritually uplifting music I have ever found, and I've done a lot of searching, is by a Christian named Terry MacAlmon. Although he doesn't know the true names, he passionately loves our Savior and sings the most beautiful love songs to Him that I never tire of. I wake up in the morning loving on Yahushua with him and it's the last thing I do at night. I just sing the true names as I join him. My favorites are the Live Worship and The Sound Of Heaven CDs. For quiet times in prayer His instrumental with the Prague Philharmonic is wonderful. Terry plays piano and keyboards. There are no backbeating drums or screaming guitars, just beautiful heavenly sounds that glorify Messiyah. His website is TerryMacalmon.com. I'm sure your heart will be touched as you touch the heart of Yah.
Madeline

Edit:

Mike,
Forgot to tell you the name of the instrumental--Holy!
Madeline

Edited by user Sunday, January 27, 2008 3:20:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified