logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:30:15 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is from the Chay chapter of Genesis.

"Yahuweh manifest Himself in the flesh, born in human form as Yahushua on Tabernacles in 2 BCE - just as He predicted. Then, thirty three years later He fulfilled his mission when He agreed to be crucified at Passover..."

I really am not trying to be a nitpick. But wouldn't that make the redemptive Pesach advent of Yahushua 31 C.E.? Perhaps Yada meant 35 years later? As I said I really am not picking or trying to knock Yada down. I just thought it would be helpful if when reading we could pick up on these things and post them so that they could be fixed.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline coleridge  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 6:14:45 AM(UTC)
coleridge

thanks for clearing that up for me... i didn't quite get that either. thanks for asking shalom.
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2007 11:40:30 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm sorry about that. I don't know why I've been so stupid lately. I'll really have to be more careful and perhaps stay away from math. (never my strong suit).
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Devildog  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2008 12:24:07 AM(UTC)
Devildog

I do that kind of stuff all the time Shalom82. For instance, I was just re-reading YY chapters and saw...

"In actuality, Yahushua's resurrection occurred before sunrise so it was late on the Sabbath and not the morning of the first day of the week."

And thought, " how is that possible"? When Mary goes to the tomb at sunrise to find it empty, it has already been "the first day of the week" since the sun last went down, hasn't it? Right now it is 5:22 am. The sun is absent. It is the 4th day. It has been since yesterday, when the sun went down.

Does anyone understand the sentence Yada wrote?
Offline Devildog  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 10:43:52 PM(UTC)
Devildog

"I think Yada is saying that Yahushua rose again just before the Sabbath ended "

Does scripture tell us this?
Did Yahushua's resurrection fulfill the Miqra of FirstFruits?

Thanks
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:53:02 AM(UTC)
kp

I don't know why Yada thinks the resurrection took place before the end of the Sabbath. But to be technically accurate, the Feast of Firstfruits predicts not the resurrection but rather Yahshua's appearing before the throne of Yahweh in a symbolic "wave offering." He Himself is the "sheaf" presented as the harbinger of the coming harvest of souls---that's us. I for one see the resurrection as part of that process (and the historical record certainly seems to support my understanding), but the real crux of the miqra is the wave offering, not the resurrection.

kp
Offline Devildog  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:45:22 AM(UTC)
Devildog

I agree with your statement KP. Thanks for clarifying how the Miqras' "wave offering" and "sheaf" are meant in the fulfillment. I actually thought that when "many set apart people" ascended, that was the fulfillment(wave offering, if you will) of the Miqra of Firstfruits.
Speaking of that event, I recall somewhere Yada saying that all the "gospel" accounts recorded the event, but that isn't so. Why do you suppose such a huge event only made it to one gospel account(Mat 27:52)?
I also see the resurrection as part of that process, so it HAD to occur on the Miqra of FirstFruits-not unleavened bread as YY is suggesting. I am a little surprised that Yada would say this-are you sure he thinks that?. Can you ask him if this is just a mistake or typo? Thanks