logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ipeaco  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 8, 2007 5:35:29 AM(UTC)
ipeaco

Hi guys, any thoughts on what we have come to know as 'The Trinity'? Although I have only read a fraction of Yada Yahweh, it seems to be saying that the concept of 'the Trinity' is a false one and then Yada gives the analogy of the sea and the bucket etc. This is very similar to the analogy used on the 'Alpha course' (a course designed by the Church of England, in widespread use in the UK) of God being like 'water' which can be Water, Ice and Steam - all from the same source.

So am I missing something? Apart from the names of Yahweh, Yahshua and the Set-apart Spirit, the principle of God being revealed in 3 'forms' seems to be the same.

Any wisdom?

Ian
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 10:04:44 PM(UTC)
bitnet

A little bit of thinking about this and all I can come up with is this:-

Yahweh is One. Yahweh is Spirit. Yahweh created the universe. Yahweh created man. Man was going to fall and had to pay the penalty of death. All man have to pay the penalty. If Yahweh knew that man was going to fall, is it Yahweh's fault for creating man? The pot does not ask the potter such a question. Yahweh provided a way out by paying the penalty Himself in the flesh via Yahushua. As Creator he took upon Himself the responsibility. Now man has to respond... accept the payment or not. If man accepts, then the Set-Apart Spirit which is Yahweh's Spirit comes to dwell and guide man. So is there a Trinity then if from the start there is only One who can manifest Himself differently such as water, steam or ice are three different manifestations of H2O? Familiar trinities started with Nimrod and his family... and that concept has permeated the religions of Babylon across the world. The concept of god the father, god the son and god the holy spirit was to enable Christianity to have its own trinity, which was further skewed with Mary mother of god coming into the picture. So to keep it simple there is only one Eternal Creator -- Yahweh. Know Him and do as He says and life will be so much more pleasant.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:14:15 AM(UTC)
kp

I think what Yada was reacting to (quite rightly) was the common functional misperception that "God is three persons," from which it is a very short and disastrous jump to "there are three Gods." Although the form or manifestation of God changes depending upon His purpose, He is One being. My issue with the idea of a "Trinity" is, "Who said there are only three forms of God?" Sure, Yahweh "the Father" is revealed quite plainly in scripture, and the "Son," Yahshua, is obviously God's human manifestation. Yahshua described the coming of the Holy Spirit, the Ruach Qodesh, and how She would function in our lives as believers during the age of the Ekklesia. That's three. But what of the Shekinah, the "Cloud" that inhabited the tabernacle? What of the "Angel of Yahweh" encountered so frequently in the scriptures? Could Melchizedek have been a theophany? How about the "living creatures" and other visions of divine manifestation seen by Ezekiel and John? None of these fall neatly into the concept of "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."

The Trinity? I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that He manifests Himself in seven forms---the "Father" from whom every other form derives, and six others that function in specific areas of the human experience. Just a guess.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:04:58 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Rightly so KP! There is so much unknown about the Power of Yahweh. In fact, we still struggle with the concept of "thought" and of energy. Upon dissection of the atom physicists realise that all matter is really virtual but cannot explain it! Einstein's e=mc2 may be factual but is still circular reasoning. To explain god in three persons is like, er, trying to put a genie back into three bottles... it can't be done... especially if the bottles and the space between them are made up of the genie in the first place!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.