logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:51:14 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I still can't figure it out...

What was it that allowed us to accept the truth and go from believing in God...or for that matter not believing in God...to believing Yahuweh. (that in or absense there of is a BIG DEAL). When given all the facts or provided with a piece to the puzzle that made us insatiable for the word...why did we accept it when so many others reject it? It's something that boggles me. There have been more intelligent people that have rejected it, there have been more humble people who have rejected it, there have been so many people that were so much better in so many aspects of this existence than many of us who trust . Why us? I am not arguing against free will or anything like that, but this question exasperates me more with each person I come across/encounter who rejects the message.

"...I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline shohn  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:45:26 AM(UTC)
shohn

I don't know, but I can tell you that I don't think we may have has much free will as we'd like to think. I assure you I am probably the least qualified person on this forum to comment based on scriptures, it is just what I see as one big metaphor based on what I know thus far and what I've experienced in my own life. I almost think of it as all of us playing our parts in His grand cosmic plan and we may be able to zig or zag a bit, but if He wants us to play a certain part, we're going to whether we want to or not. I think the question around free will becomes something like this... He gave certain people a calling almost like giving some people more brains or perhaps being more pleasing to the eye. Gifts right? So the accountability piece is what did you do with those gifts, because He clearly didn't give them to everyone. Perhaps the reason you accepted it, is because he purposed you to teach it to others and desired that you would understand what it was like in feeling the sting of rejection so that you may be more effective in the millenial kingdom?

Perhaps it for the same reasons that Judas Iscariot was chosen to be an apostle. I've always wondered what a millstone being hung around someone's neck would mean in the Hebrew. Is it an idiom for something or was He being literal about ol' Judas?

Another, funny thing is, I went through 13 years of Catholic school. The pagan aspects of the church were actually very well communicated - it wasn't hidden. Neither I nor anyone else thought to ask why we did that stuff. I didn't think about it until I was half-way though my life and even then it was because I had grown to distrust organized religions. Funny eh? So was it a random thought that got me there or was I nudged along? I don't know, because I've always "felt" something - some kind of "calling". Did I do anything to deserve it? Did I choose it? To be completely honest I'm not sure I can say that I did especially when after talking to others this "calling" is not there or in some cases is really strong. So... did these persons choose to be called? Did their brains just happen to have the right pattern? Perhaps there is something to the genetics after all? Oh no.. I've gone cross-eyed again.

This should make for an interesting discussion me thinks.

--
Shohn of Texas
Offline Jeannie  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:01:41 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

Guys, I have ask myself this question a million zillion times, why me???!!! I know I have been looking all my life but hey it was right in front of my face and I still didn't see it!!! I chose to believe learned men instead of what I saw!!! so why open my eyes and not Joe Blow? I'm just so grateful He did and I will do what ever it takes to make it know to other people and they can take it or leave it. There isn't a lot of time to fool around with fools!!
Jeannie
Offline rs  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 9:26:09 AM(UTC)
rs

I don' think there's anything special about us that brought us here. For me, I was very much led by what I would expect to be the Set Apart Spirit. First I was led to scripture that seemed to amplify things that had been glossed over before, then once the scriptures opened up it was probably just a matter of time before I was led to YY.

There seem to be others launching websites that are arriving at similar conclusions to Yada, but coming at it from different angles.

Maybe this is the beginning of some type of "end time" revival.

The scriptures fairly blast out that in the end times there will be a return to calling on Yahweh's name which is one of the chief tenets behind what we all seem to believe. I came to understand this through my own isolated study so when I stumbled on YY it became a great proof for me that where the Spirit was leading me was correct and verifiable.
Offline Icy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:21:40 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Shohn, sometimes I want to fall into the "there is no free will" crowd, simply because alot of the choices that people make can easily be determined based on their past experiance, behavior, and other things. There actually is a very strong case for no free will. But, if there were no free will, then that means no ability to choose to love Yahuweh or not. If we can't do that, then what is the point? If it is just one big puppet show, and no one really makes a choice to love Yahweh, then it is all pointless. Reading scripture makes it obvious that there is freewill.

I think rs might have a good insight as to why. We were told that knowledge would increase in the end times, and that is obvious here. I know I was already searching. I found so much stuff just wrong with religion that didn't jive with scripture. I just think we were ready. Maybe it was our experiances that led us to the point of being ready. I think we probably all also have the gift of wisdom and or discernment.
Offline Juski  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:11:37 AM(UTC)
Juski

well I don't know but for me I know I prayed a deadly prayer back in 2000! I told God that He could break me, mould me, make me whatever He wanted me to be. I gave Him the driving seat and He's been in charge ever since. I'm nothing special, no better than anyone else, just willing to listen and act I suppose. :)
Offline Ruchamah  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 11:55:12 AM(UTC)
Ruchamah

ya know, the most often repeated prophecy in the Tanakh, and the most ignored, is the regathering of the *lost tribes* of Israel in the Last Days. They have been *among the missing* for 2800 yrs. The Jews of today only represent the Southern Kingdom, or JUDAH (includes part of Benjamin and Levi). But according to Revelation 7, and all the prophets, for that matter...the other ten tribes reappear on the world scene, fairly soon is my guess.

What will they look like?
My guess, they wont look too much unlike you.

They will have some crazy desire to go back to their *hebrew roots*...they will all of a sudden think Torah is pretty kewl, they may even want to go live in Israel. Just crazy. But it is happening to thousands and thousands of ppl, frrom every nation.

Seems the prophets of Israel hit the bullseye once again.

Shalom shalom,
Ruchamah
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Offline rs  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 4:44:56 PM(UTC)
rs

Maybe we should all get DNA tested and see if we're descended from the Hebrews. If we are, I don't think it's a good time to return to Samaria. Israel has authority over the territory, but it's in the hands of the Palestinians and we wouldn't last long there. Olmert is ready to hand governing authority of Samaria and Judea back to the Palestinians. Land for Peace.
Offline shohn  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 8:26:08 PM(UTC)
shohn

Yeah, on the free will. Make no mistake, I think it is there, just not to the degree that we sometimes think it is when His higher purpose or will is involved. Key word being purpose. I think one thing is right about that, you can't "force" someone to love, but I also don't think love is always just a choice, sometimes it just is. Of course, this is biased through the lens of my own personal experiences.

I'm no body special - completely "unmerited favor" here. I actually started out on this path to "prove" that the RCC was right and found so much to the contrary that this is where I landed. Go figure. What gave me that initial spark though? You may think this is somewhat funny, but I said to myself, how in the world would I be able to approach the "pearly gates" if i hadn't even "read the whole Bible"? I still can't explain where the spark came from though.

He seems to weave multiple plot lines in all at once and perhaps sometimes we should take a step back and realize that His master plan has been made secret since the foundations of the world or something like that. Either way, it is very clear that He is up to something BIG now.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline shohn  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2007 8:31:32 PM(UTC)
shohn

So.... if the Israeli government does open the doors to "Messianics", does that mean it is time to get out of Dodge (err - make haste to Israel) for those of us still living in America?
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline kp  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 10:59:38 AM(UTC)
kp

It doesn't matter, Shohn. Believers worldwide will be taken out of the earth before Yahweh begins running His "Israel calendar" again. There are only 2,520 days left to go, starting with the "confirmation of a covenant with many" spoken of in Daniel 9. So it doesn't matter, to us anyway, where we're living when the harvest of the Feast of Trumpets occurs---we're all outta here.

What does matter, however, is that we plant the seeds of reconciliation among any sons of Israel we might meet on life's journey. They won't really understand Yahweh's involvement in their destiny until their momentous victory over Magog a couple of years into the Tribulation. What will they think when they see the hand of Yahweh? Will He announce Himself, or will He rely on dimly remembered ranting from people like us pleading with His people to return to their God---before we all went poof! I for one am not content to leave that one to chance.

kp
Offline shohn  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2007 12:12:22 PM(UTC)
shohn

Yes Yes, but which believers?

All? Just the Philadelphians? Everyone who professes His name? Everyone who has a Y in their native tongue and uses the name properly spelled and annunciated, and celebrates the Sabbath? Those who have done good work? Those who remember their first love? I remember reading this somewhere in YY about there being some sort of criteria. Goes back to the question I had asked awhile back about not "making the cut". I'm not talking about salvation here, I'm talking about going through the tribulation or not, which there seems to be different set of critieria for who goes and who doesn't if I remember correctly.

Hold your horses, I'll reread that section and see if maybe I missed it something the first couple of passes to save you some trouble and frustration with my very thick skull.
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline James  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 8:26:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
On the free will issue, I had the chance to play the captain of the UTdallas chess team once, UTD has one of the topped ranked chess teams in the world. Anyway after about 15 moves he was controlling what I did, I still had the free will not to do it, but anyone who has ever played chess against a master knows that you don't realize at first that your doing exactly what the other player wants. I think Yah might sometimes work in the same way, sort of indirectly manipulating people that aren't intrested in performing his will, into doing it anyway. Just a thought though.

As for the why me question, I've went over that a million times. I know what started me on the path, I know many of the steps, but where the flip between knowledge and knowing came, where I went from the logic that leads to Yah to following him, loving him, and Yadaing him. I don't even know exactly when it happened let alone why. I look at some people who I really respect, but who just refuse to see the truth of Yahs word, I just don't know why it seems so clear to me and not to them. It can acctully drive me crazy sometimes.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Icy  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 9:59:39 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
James, you gave an excellent example showing that even humans can control others, seemingly taking their freewill. Ultimatly the free will is still there though. Humans are extremely predictable and tend to act the same way under any given situation. There is a book by Kevin Hogan called, "The Science of Influence" and it details very simply how easy people are to influence and manipulate. So, being able to do that based on our earthly observations, how much easier would it be for Yahuweh to guide people how he would like, yet still allowing them the free will to do as they please?
Offline Tiffany  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 9:46:54 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Quote:
James wrote:
On the free will issue, I had the chance to play the captain of the UTdallas chess team once, UTD has one of the topped ranked chess teams in the world. Anyway after about 15 moves he was controlling what I did, I still had the free will not to do it, but anyone who has ever played chess against a master knows that you don't realize at first that your doing exactly what the other player wants. I think Yah might sometimes work in the same way, sort of indirectly manipulating people that aren't interested in performing his will, into doing it anyway. Just a thought though.

I totally have to disagree. Freewill is no longer freewill if behind the scenes someone is really controlling you. Man falls under the temptation of manipulation and control by the choices we make, it was never Yah who forced us into our circumstances.

Plus if we got rid of freewill than what was the point of all of creation and the wonderful things that Yah has in store for us?
Offline James  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:32:12 AM(UTC)
James
Man

My point is that influenceing someones free will and removing it are different. If you are driving and I step in front of your car, you still have the free will to continue driving and hit me, but I know that more likely you will change directions to avoid hitting me. I have influenced your free will, but it is still their. Yah could do the same thing.

My life was going in the wrong way when by chance, or perhaps not, somethings were occured in my life, that I could have choose to ignore, but because of my nature, something that Yah knows, I changed direction and have corected my path. As I said perhaps chance, or perhaps Yah put these things in my life knowing that I would likely change because of them.

Offline CK  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:53:59 PM(UTC)
CK

Re. free will. When praying to Yah, have you ever said, 'Let Your will be my will', or 'Use me as You see fit', or 'Let me be an instrument of Your will', or 'Change me, mold me, create in me a pure heart', or 'According to Your will, let it be so', or 'Make me fruitful for Your Kingdom', or 'I surrender all' or any rendition thereof? (Prayer is not for the faint of heart, or prayer is for the faint of heart). :)

Some random thoughts:
He hardened Pharaoh's heart (so that His Name would be made known). Did Pharaoh have a choice? Did he have free will? I'm sure he thought he did. I think Yahuweh already knew what was in Pharaoh's heart. Probably didn't take much to harden it a little more.

And, He is the Potter; we are the clay. Does the clay talk back? And, He knows whose His before they come to Him. Hmm.

He was, He is, He will be: The Greatest Cosmic Time Traveler ever to Exist; able to step in to any 'tense' just by 'willing' it to be so.
(If a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like a day to Yahuweh, how long has Yahushua been gone?)

All Knowing Yahuweh, my Elohim, You are awesome! My life is in Your hand. I can think of no better place I would rather be. Thank You for giving us the choice of free will, even though oftentimes, we don't know what to do with it. Thank You for being so patient with Your children.

CK
Offline James  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 6:08:42 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I think Yah sometimes compels us to do things that serve his will, Yada felt that Yah tasked him to confront Islam, I happen to agree with him. I believe that Yah might sometime compel believers to be in a place at a time that they are capable of doing his will. This does not go against our free will, since as loyal followers our desire is to serve his will. And our being in that place at that time might put us in a position to influence others, plant the seeds. If Yah puts us their and our presence influences someone who is there, and that was why Yah put us there, then he has indirectly influenced that person, but has not taken away that persons free will.

This then begs the question, since Yah knows the begining from the end, then he knew that putting the right person there would influece the person, and if that was his intent why does he not do similar for all people, or is it just that some people will not let anything influence them and Yah knows this so he only attempts to influence those he knows are open to it.

Sorry If I got a bit rambling and incoherent.

Offline Harvester  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:31:01 AM(UTC)
Harvester

shalom82 wrote:
I still can't figure it out...

What was it that allowed us to accept the truth and go from believing in God...or for that matter not believing in God...to believing Yahuweh. (that in or absense there of is a BIG DEAL). When given all the facts or provided with a piece to the puzzle that made us insatiable for the word...why did we accept it when so many others reject it? It's something that boggles me. There have been more intelligent people that have rejected it, there have been more humble people who have rejected it, there have been so many people that were so much better in so many aspects of this existence than many of us who trust . Why us? I am not arguing against free will or anything like that, but this question exasperates me more with each person I come across/encounter who rejects the message.

"...I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

I too have this same question. Why me, what is it about me that He Father Yahweh choose to open my eyes and allow me to see. I recently spoke this out aloud and was chatised by a sister that told me I shouldn't ask and that I should just say Thank you. I tried to expalin to her that I wasn't complaining, and that I am very thankful, yet it is still a question that enters my mind. It is nice to know that there are others with this same thought.

I think my sister took it as a negative, when that is NOT how it is meant at all. I think it more of an awe struck feeling of being given such a wonderful and beautiful gift, that I am still in awe as to why someone, a sinner like myself should be given such a special gift? Sure this gift is FREE to everyone, but everyone isn't getting it at this moment at this time. What is it in me that made Our Father Yahweh say, okay "her, I want Harvester to get this and starts walking in the way, but I don't want this one to see just yet". Again why me? In the end I understand my sister...even if she didn't understand me. I will also be thankful.

HalleluYAH!
Offline kp  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:53:34 PM(UTC)
kp

In my experience, Yahweh rewards people who are honestly searching for Him with knowledge of His character and evidence of His love. But many people, even believers, are not searching for Yahweh; they're searching for vindication. They're not looking for God; they're looking for heaven.

We wonder why Yahweh "chose us." Fact is, He chose everybody. Or at least, He cared enough to pay the price of admittance into His presence for every person ever born. Everybody has a ticket in. But He won't force anyone to accept His invitation. The choice is ours alone.

The same thing is true of enjoying a closer walk with Him once we have accepted His awesome gift. It's our choice. Do we really want to know Him, to walk with God the way a small child walks with his father? Many christians find the prospect a little frightening. Trust Him? Really trust Him? What if He tells me to give all my money to the poor, or become a missionary to darkest Borneo? Or adopt nine children, most of 'em handicapped? (That's the one He pulled on me.) No, it's far "safer" (they think) to stick to tradition, put in their hour and a half on Sunday morning, and not think too much about the ramifications of having a close familial relationship with the Almighty Living God. We like the safety of the sandbox; we're okay with climbing the jungle gym, but not too high. But when Papa asks us--challenges us--to jump from the top rung into His waiting arms, we lose our nerve. We choose not to make the leap. And by doing so, we cheat ourselves out of the thrill of a lifetime.

kp
Offline James  
#21 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 5:19:42 AM(UTC)
James
Man

kp wrote:
In my experience, Yahweh rewards people who are honestly searching for Him with knowledge of His character and evidence of His love.

Back in my agnostic days, I still believed in a god, but I din't know him, but as I got older I would talk to him some, I would tell him that if their was a path that he wanted me on then give me a sign, and I will believe. I later would add give me the wisdom to understand your sign. Then one day I heard Gerald Schroder on the radio arguing for the existance of God on a scientific basis, this got me reallly intrigued, and after reading the Science of God, I came to believe in the Scriptures as being devinly inspired, then when I heard Yada on the radio about POD I had to read it, and that lead me to YY which in turn lead Me to Yada Yahweh so once I realized God and started activly searching for him, he laid the breadcrumbs out to lead me home, and I have never been happier.

Offline bitnet  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2008 4:24:45 AM(UTC)
bitnet

"The Sacrifice is for everyone. But He does not seem to call everyone. So why me?"

Shalom everyone! Three points here: 1) Yahweh's plan is for everyone; 2) He does not call everyone now; 3) He is calling you now.

The first two points are quite obvious. So the real question is, "Why me?" Like many of you, I did ask. It is obvious that He is not calling everyone now. Never did. The recorded history of mankind over the past two thousand years indicate that few actually were in a position to hear the message. But now you hear the message. What do you do?

James is right... to a certain point. Yahweh knew that you will be in a position to hear... but will you listen and obey? Do you think He knows what you will do? Probably. Did you know what you are going to do? Probably not. So it is an adventure for us to discover ourselves and our role in this life.

So why do we get this special invitation? Are we so special? Yes, because He redeemed each one of us. But what does it mean for us to answer His call now? It actually means a heavier responsibility as we will have to do as He says, and sometimes that is not very comfortable from the track record of the prophets and apostles that He chose.

So, then, what's the payoff? KP is right in that people look for heaven and self-vindication rather then Truth. For us, the payoff is that although we realise that we don't really deserve anything for all that we are, the Truth is that we are called to be part of Yahweh's Family! Not to lord over the rest and make them serfs for eternity, but to help them be part of the Family!

Will people really accept this? It is too good to be true! But what else can you expect of a loving Father? Sadly, some will not want His love. They will deny Him because they hate. They despise themselves and think themselves unworthy so other people should also be unworthy. There is no good in them so there cannot be good in others. This self denial is self destruction. And that is what is really is... destruction. Not eternal torment, unless they poison others with their lies and hate. But I digress.

I read a book more than 30 years ago that stuck in my mind, and it is not the King James bible. It was "Foundation" by Isaac Asimov. In the book Hari Seldon was the master mathematician of an advanced society and he had calculated and set off a chain of events into motion to affect and influence hundreds of generations after he died, to the point that at each critical moment in its development, an individual will step up to take the lead and take action and influence the following generations. This is the story being lived out in the flesh today and the past few millenia! What a rush! And we are coming to the end of the book.

So the bottomline here is... the Eternal Chessmaster knows the game and is making the moves... it is up to you to respond. Don't get stalemated or checkmated! Join the winning team!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.