logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Glitch  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 3:34:41 PM(UTC)
Glitch

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I thought I would share my early exposure to the Torah with respect to the Shabbat. In prior years I studied Herbert W. Armstrong and the Church of God doctrines. This is where I became convinced that God clearly set apart the seventh day in his testimony, as Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, for all time. The Church of a God was instructive though not real to me in the sense of truth. Then I encountered introtogod.org and realized that God has a true message for those who are seeking to know what He has to say in his own testimony.

So I set out to honor the seventh day. This was an inconvenient practice. I had a lot of things I needed to accomplish on weekends. I had to think about rearranging my schedule. Of course there were things which intruded on this "practice" so I started developing excuses to deal with the guilt from not adhering to the requirement of honoring the Shabbat. Out of town friends showed up, there was the shopping trip, I needed to work out or take a fitness walk, or go out for dinner.

Nevertheless, I did spend time reading the Torah. I replayed the previous weeks worth of second hour broadcasts from yada Yah. Then something began to change. Insights from reading the Torah began flooding into my consciousness. I obtained Interlinears and lexicons and started to cross reference terms that weren't accurately translated in our commonly available religious renderings. I had to verify what Yada was relating in his writings and broadcasts. Great stuff!

What occurred was something I can only describe as fulfilling and enlightening. Now I can't wait for Friday to arrive. The anticipation and joy of spending another Shabbat with Yahowah is palpable to say the least. Every Torah reading becomes a window into His sharing and companionship. Instead of a chore it becomes a passion. I understand now that honoring the Shabbat is not about denying myself, it is about expanding myself. This isn't about rigorous adherence, observing and complying. When you spend a day with someone you love, everything else takes care of itself. And I have to say, the other six days are even more productive than before. How simple!
thanks 1 user thanked Glitch for this useful post.
FredSnell on 10/15/2014(UTC)
Offline Richard  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 10:11:34 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I cannot describe how uplifting your post is. THANK YOU!
thanks 1 user thanked Richard for this useful post.
FredSnell on 10/15/2014(UTC)
Offline Vici71  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2022 1:01:16 PM(UTC)
Vici71
South Africa

I have been researching the sabbath day. Sabbath from friday to Satruday sundown seems to be based on the gregorian calendar, which is far too young for the ancient hebrew or creation sabbath. There are so many websites, citing various calendars like the zoroster calander to mention 1. Much reading and searching later it still remains confusing. So asking and praying I one morning woke up with on the 4th day the sun, moon and stars were created as a sign for the appointed times. Basically I decided to just go with the creation, not sure if it is new moon or full moon though, so I use the new moon and the evening of the 2nd night after the new moon I hold sabbath. Does anyone know when the sabbath besides using the gregorian calendar?
Offline matt  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2022 12:03:06 PM(UTC)
matt
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
It's the seventh day. If you haven't read any of the books associated with this forum, you will find them informative.