logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline chrud  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 5:26:21 PM(UTC)
chrud

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I've put together a new website that features the books of Yada Yahowah. The library holds all of the recent volumes of Coming Home, Observations, and Yada Yah. There is a translation index that can be used to look up translations based on bible chapter:verse. It will take you to the book, chapter, and paragraph that holds the citation.

Books can also be downloaded in the epub format: look for the circled chevron under the cover page of a book that's been loaded from the library.

It's still a little rough around the edges, so don't expect mobile devices to play well, yet. But it should be good enough for desktop use, and maybe some tablet use.

The address is http://yadayahowah.davidsgod.com

Feel free to comment or make suggestions here, or private message me. Please be kind though! I'm only one guy who's still new to web design!

-chrud
thanks 5 users thanked chrud for this useful post.
matt on 12/16/2020(UTC), Mowriyah7 on 12/16/2020(UTC), McTele on 12/19/2020(UTC), Stewart James on 2/27/2021(UTC), ShamarTowrah on 2/25/2022(UTC)
Offline Mowriyah7  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 11:18:43 PM(UTC)
Mowriyah7
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
An index! Chrud! Thank you! Yaaaaaaay!!!!! I hug you and happy dance LOL
thanks 1 user thanked Mowriyah7 for this useful post.
chrud on 12/17/2020(UTC)
Offline McTele  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 11:54:58 AM(UTC)
McTele
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks Chrud,

Your new site was very helpful in following Yada during the Shabbat broadcast last Friday evening. One guest couldn't connect to the site. I’m not sure what country he was in, you may want to use your hosting providers DNS push services, if available. The index is a very powerful feature. If you feel adventurous, a lexicon of Yada’s dabar translations would be a wonderful addition.

Thanks again for all your work.

Rich
Offline McTele  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 9:25:51 PM(UTC)
McTele
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Chrud,

How hard would it be to add a search option to the site? Sometimes Yada doesn't always indicate which book he's using and I find myself using the browser find to stumble apon the section in question.

Thanks again for such a wonderful tool.

Rich
Offline chrud  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 3:21:34 PM(UTC)
chrud

Oh Rich,

I knew that was coming! I haven't figured out how to do that, yet, but it is something I will want to implement. I'll bump it up on my priority list.

Thanks!
-chrud
Offline chrud  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 2:13:05 PM(UTC)
chrud

I did an update to Yadayahowah.davidsgod.com today. If things look wildly out of sorts, try doing a hard refresh in your browser. Something like a control-F5 on a windows machine, or a cmd-shift-R on a mac.

I added a search function, but it isn't useful yet because the search file is a bit too big. It takes 37 seconds on my computer to load the file. You get to stare at a white window for that time. After that initial load time, though, searches come back pretty fast. I'll keep working on it.

Hopefully I'm not causing too much angst!

thanks 1 user thanked chrud for this useful post.
matt on 2/9/2021(UTC)
Offline chrud  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 8:31:17 AM(UTC)
chrud

Sorry for the last rambling post!

The search function should work pretty decently now. It uses a relatively large file, so there may be some delay in the first search you do, but subsequent searches should be pretty quick.

A couple of things to note: Very common words, about a hundred, will not be included in the search. Chapter:Verse designations are also unsearchable (use the index for those?). Notice that some transliterations have special characters: sha’uwl is an example. A search on sha'uwl will not work (notice the different single quote) but an asterisk can be used to substitute any character, so sha*uwl will give you the correct result if you can't type sha’uwl.

Also, hebrew and greek letters are not searchable.

Let me know if you have issues. You should be able to email me at webmaster-at-davidsgod.com... make sure to use "@" instead of "-at-". "support" and "chrud" can be used instead of "webmaster" if those are easier to remember.

-chrud
thanks 2 users thanked chrud for this useful post.
Mowriyah7 on 2/12/2021(UTC), McTele on 2/12/2021(UTC)
Offline Mowriyah7  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2021 10:29:39 PM(UTC)
Mowriyah7
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi!

Do you (or anyone) know if the calendar (with the dates and moon phases) that was in the previous version of the Yada Yahowah website is (or will be) posted somewhere?

Thank you and shalowm,
~Mowriyah
Offline chrud  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2021 10:23:58 AM(UTC)
chrud

The calendar is currently being worked on, and will show up as one of the books. Initially, it may not have the moonphase pictures attached to it, but I'll see what I can do.

-chrud
Mowriyah7 on 7/6/2021(UTC)
Offline Micha'el  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 17, 2021 3:11:01 PM(UTC)
Micha'el
United States

Is there a specific place on the forum to post about copy issues such as typographical errors or spelling?

One such error is on page lxvii of the Prologue of In The Beginning as it is presented on the website (note: the Kindle version does not have this error).

This would be the sentence:
Quote:
Once these are removed, the context dictates that the first person singular suffixed variation of אדן, which is יאדן, should have been vocalized ‘edowny, and translated “my Upright Pillar,” “my Upright One,” or “my Foundation,” each of the 307 times it appears in conversations directed at Yahowah.

If I understand correctly, the Yowd in יאדן is at the beginning of the word, when as a suffix it should be at the end of the word, אדןי.

Shabat shalowm,
Mike
Offline chrud  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:20:23 AM(UTC)
chrud

Originally Posted by: Micha' Go to Quoted Post
Is there a specific place on the forum to post about copy issues such as typographical errors or spelling?

One such error is on page lxvii of the Prologue of In The Beginning as it is presented on the website (note: the Kindle version does not have this error).

This would be the sentence:
Quote:
Once these are removed, the context dictates that the first person singular suffixed variation of אדן, which is יאדן, should have been vocalized ‘edowny, and translated “my Upright Pillar,” “my Upright One,” or “my Foundation,” each of the 307 times it appears in conversations directed at Yahowah.

If I understand correctly, the Yowd in יאדן is at the beginning of the word, when as a suffix it should be at the end of the word, אדןי.

Shabat shalowm,
Mike

Hi Mike,

There's not really a place for reporting errors, although you can always forward them to me. I can be reached @davidsgod.com. The first half of the email address can be chrud, webmaster, or support.

I've fixed the one error that you've pointed out. Eventually, you should see the results of that fix as caches clear out. (Sometimes ctrl-F5 helps on a Windows machine).

A large to-do on my list is to do a compare between all of the website volumes and the amazon/kindle volumes to reconcile the inevitable differences that have cropped up. Unfortunately, that might take a little while to get through since this is a new website with lots of new work still being done.

Thanks!
-chrud
Offline chrud  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 7:23:37 AM(UTC)
chrud

Ok, some of the calendar tables are available on the website. The book to view is "God's Calendar". Hover over the blue percentages with your mouse to get a visual of the moon. The images are iffy on portable devices, I'll work on that!

Enjoy,
-chrud
Mowriyah7 on 7/22/2021(UTC)