logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline coleridge  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 3:11:41 AM(UTC)
coleridge

so lately my mom and i have been sending out emails to our "christian" friends. they have been thought provoking emails about the name of God. we've been getting the most ridiculous answers to them. one of the ministers that we know who prides himself on studying the scriptures, and seeking the truth said the dumbest thing ever... he said, and i quote... "as far as the name of GOD... it doesn't matter what we call him. all that matters is that we hear from him and do what he says." what????? then, another of my mom's close friends said "...as long as we are in touch with the divine" huh?!?!?!?!!? These are the same people who would argue a "sinner" down about the power in the name of "jesus". how can this be? if the name of God doesn't matter, then what does? the more i ask... the more this sounds like good old mystery babylon
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline shalom82  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 4:44:55 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
only 1 out of ten came back from Babylon.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:58:08 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
coleridge wrote:
so lately my mom and i have been sending out emails to our "christian" friends. they have been thought provoking emails about the name of God. we've been getting the most ridiculous answers to them. one of the ministers that we know who prides himself on studying the scriptures, and seeking the truth said the dumbest thing ever... he said, and i quote... "as far as the name of GOD... it doesn't matter what we call him. all that matters is that we hear from him and do what he says." what????? then, another of my mom's close friends said "...as long as we are in touch with the divine" huh?!?!?!?!!? These are the same people who would argue a "sinner" down about the power in the name of "jesus". how can this be? if the name of God doesn't matter, then what does? the more i ask... the more this sounds like good old mystery babylon

We have had almost exactly - if not exactly the same responce from everyone we have spoken to about the Name of Yah... They cling to the name of jesus like its going out of fasion yet they say "its does not matter, its what you believe in your heart"

There is no logic to it - but to be honest, there is no logic in christianity anyway.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Noach  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 6:10:15 AM(UTC)
Noach

This is the typical response from most everyone I know. Most people do not want to learn, or be engaged. They would rather slumber their lives away in ignorance, never knowing their Creator. If you ask most people though, if their own names are important, you might get a different answer. But when it comes to the Creator, they will tell you that "we can call Him anything we want, He knows who we mean". Or "He is above a name". In reality though, I don't think most people want to know Yahuwah. Because to do this, they are confronted by the truth. They are content viewing from a distance as long as they continue to be told that they are saved. It is easier in their minds this way.

Noach
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 6:46:16 AM(UTC)
kp

That's so sad, all the more so because anywhere you look in scripture, the NAME of God is presented as being of the utmost importance to our relationship. Just this morning I was reminded of that. I was reading (again) Psalm 91. It ends like this, speaking of the one whose refuge is Yahweh: "Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation." That last phrase is pregnant with significance that we miss in the English. The word translated "salvation" is yâshuw`ah, phonetically indistinguishable from the name of our Messiah. So...to the one "who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, who abides under the shadow of the Almighty," Yahweh promises to show him Yahshua!

kp
Offline rs  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2007 6:50:18 AM(UTC)
rs

This smacks of pure idolatry whereby the divine or God is whatever you want him, her, or it to be. As long as you have an inner voice that seems to put you in touch with the divine then you are fine. Not all inner promptings are from Yahweh, though. If you are not grounded in truth and following the narrow path of Yahshua, you may be prompted to sin or just to follow your own way, rationalizing as you go.

I easily fall into this trap particularly when I get away from the Scriptures for a few days.

Offline coleridge  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 1:33:56 PM(UTC)
coleridge

these people are the creme de la creme of christianity. i'm a little lost with this one... how did we get so far from the truth of things? when did we just stop thinking?
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:10:18 AM(UTC)
kp

Even though it saddens us, Coleridge, none of this should surprise us. We were told the route the ekklesia would travel in the 2nd and 3rd chapters of Revelation.

We would start off well enough, but would "leave our first love." Then we would be persecuted, but this external pressure would strengthen us and hold us together for a time. But when the persecution had ended, we would start to fray around the edges---we would begin to compromise with the world and institute a hierarchy of leadership that God never intended. From here, we would degenerate into a cesspool of spiritual malaise, blending idolatry with true worship until few could tell the difference. This process would progress until the ekklesia was as good as dead, in medical terms flat-lined, but not yet brain dead. Yahweh would bring in the "crash cart" at this point and some of us would revive to a new appreciation for our spiritual life---we would vow never again to fall prey to dead religion or idolatry masquerading as "christian tradition." We of this phase keep Yahshua's command to persevere, and He in turn has promised to keep us out of the "hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world."

We look back and note with horror what our forbears became, and from what state we were reborn. And we look forward and wonder at the insipid and lukewarm religiosity that dominate our times and ask, "When did we just stop thinking? How did we get so far from the truth of things?" It's been a long and twisted road, but we are very near the end of our journey.

kp
Offline coleridge  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:13:53 AM(UTC)
coleridge

kp... those are some encouraging words... you guys keep praying for those lost in that silliness
Offline Juski  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:46:45 AM(UTC)
Juski

Just try to remember a few months/years ago most of us would have responded in the same way - these people have been brought up being taught by people they love an trust that Jesus is his name, that Lord is honouring to God. Yes it is right that we use Yahweh's name and for me it's obviously right but I've been on a long journey to this point. All you can do is plant the seeds, you've given them the facts, let them chew it over a while, some may come to realise why its important, others wont but it is their responsiblity. It makes me sad that people don't get it, because I am so much closer to my Father since I learnt His name. I wish others could see its not a matter of legalism its just a way to know Him more.

Pray for them, and leave it to Yah to convince them. In all your corespondence with them speak with love and integrity, don't get angry and don't get into scripture wars with them. When they see the fruit of your relationship with Yah they will get thinking :)
Offline CK  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 7:51:07 PM(UTC)
CK

Juski: Well said. Pray also for more workers for the harvest fields. Yahushua said to do so. He obviously knows it will accomplish much.

Praise Yah!

CK