logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline i’m tom  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 4:38:02 PM(UTC)
i’m tom

hi friends, i have plans to name my son Ari'el but i am unsure of the meaning. it seems to me the name means lion god but every person i have talked to says it means "lion of god." I also understand that this name also has something to do with an angel. do you also think yah would have a problem with this name?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 7:36:29 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Ari'el is a compound of Ariy, Lion, and 'El, God. In Hebrew it would mean Lion of God. Lion God would be 'El Ariy since in Hebrew adjectives come after the noun they modify not before them. With it preceding 'El and being combined as a single word rather than 2 sepereate words it implies an "of" between Ariy and 'El.

As for having something to do with an angel, I am not familiar with any angel named Ariel, but I could be wrong.

I can think of no reason Yah would have an issue with you naming your son Ari'el.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
thanks 1 user thanked James for this useful post.
i’m tom on 6/25/2020(UTC)
Offline i’m tom  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:16:18 PM(UTC)
i’m tom

Originally Posted by: James Go to Quoted Post
Ari'el is a compound of Ariy, Lion, and 'El, God. In Hebrew it would mean Lion of God. Lion God would be 'El Ariy since in Hebrew adjectives come after the noun they modify not before them. With it preceding 'El and being combined as a single word rather than 2 sepereate words it implies an "of" between Ariy and 'El.

As for having something to do with an angel, I am not familiar with any angel named Ariel, but I could be wrong.

I can think of no reason Yah would have an issue with you naming your son Ari'el.

^ there are so many intelligent people on this forum. thank you!