logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maddie  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 1:07:03 AM(UTC)
Maddie

my husband and i have recently become seekers of Yahweh and are still very new and learning. unfortunately my husband suffers from severe health issues that affect his ability to function (he is primarily bedbound). he is not able to learn new information easily. i have been trying to learn and read when i can but also work and care for him. we are concerned for our eternity and are both so desperate to spend it in His presence. my husband is not circumsised and due to his health we dont know if he could do it at least not before passover this year. what is Gods rule on this, will he be annihalated if he is unable to get it done?
i am still learning about the different festivals. there are multiple throughout each year? are there different requirements for each one?
Offline InHisName  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:28:36 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Maddie,
I empathize with your dilemma. I have an adult son who remains uncircumcised.
I can’t say I fully understand why, but Yahowah is clear that circumcision is mandatory. I just googled the circumcision process last weekend and it seems to be available as an outpatient surgery via a family practice MD. There was one advertisement that quoted a cost of $760. Without knowing more about the limitations of your husband’s condition, it seems low cost/low risk, certainly worth a few calls to investigate. There are others in our community who have direct experience with adult circumcision, perhaps someone will share their knowledge.

Without knowing more of your understanding of Yahowah’s Derek Chay, The Path of Life, I will simply lay out the basics which can be found in detail in An Introduction to God. There are 5 conditions:

Prerequisite 1: Choose to actually walk away from and literally come out of babel, which is national, societal, religious, and political corruption and family allegiances and customs.

Request/Requirement 2: Come to know Yahowah and understand His Instructions so that you can choose to trust Him and rely on them. As a result of this thinking, Yahowah will consider you to be innocent and righteous.

Request/Requirement 3: Walk to God and become perfect.

Request/Requirement 4: Genuinely explore, carefully examine, and continually consider Yahowah’s Covenant Agreement no matter where or when you live.

Request/Requirement 5: Raise your children within the Covenant, circumcising your sons so that they always remember it.

Again, the teaching and details of these requirements are most easily found in An Intro to God, but these statements share the basic concepts.

The seven steps, Miqraey, are celebratory feasts for Yah’s children to reflect on, share and rejoice in Yah’s teaching and gift of family relationship. Teaching and details are available in the Invitations chapter of Yada Yah.
Pesach/Passover is the first of these seven festivals. It carries the need for circumcision. Passover without circumcision provides eternal life without entry into Yah’s Home, a devastating consequence. Again, I don’t fully understand the need for this, but the text is clear.

As to learning, listening is often more powerful than reading. The Firefox browser (perhaps others) has a built in app that will read the primary text on most web pages. Perhaps you could set up a computer to read to him while you are away. The voice is computerized and the pronunciation of the Hebrew words can be off, but it is very understandable. This is a free, but highly rated browser made available by Mozilla and can be downloaded directly at Mozilla.org. Or if you have a kindle device that reads aloud, the Yada Yah books are available on kindle.

Hope this helps,
Allen
thanks 2 users thanked InHisName for this useful post.
shamar emet on 2/24/2019(UTC), Ryan on 4/8/2020(UTC)
Offline Stewart James  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 3:35:53 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I woud not normally discuss this with anyone and espcially on an open forum. However, for your benefit, last February 2018 I made the decision to have a circucision so that I can begin my journey and follow Yah's instructions. I did my research first and went through all the important chapters that Allen mentions in his post. They are very informative!

I searched out various methods and there are several options available and different methods of circumcision. I found that Rabbi's have had a huge hand in making personal decisions and I did not want any Rabbi making the decision for me.

I am copying a document I downloaded here to help you, but I have a few!

James on this forum may wish to help you too, pleease contact with him! I ahd a few discussions with him prior to my decision!

Here is the document.

CIRCUMCISION: THEN AND NOW

By: James E. Peron, Ed.D.
Milah: Symbolic Circumcision of Covenant
The original Biblical circumcision of Abraham's time was a relatively minor ritual circumcision procedure in which only the redundant end of the foreskin extending beyond the tip of the glans was removed. This was called "Milah". It is from this term that the Jewish Religious Covenant circumcision ritual Bris Milah or Brith Milah got its name.

Following "Milah", a penis so circumcised would still contain a considerable portion of the foreskin and the penis would have continued to go through its natural development since most of the foreskin would have remained intact. Protection of the glans would still have occurred. The foreskin would not be stripped back off the glans and would naturally separate from the glans gradually as the child matures, much as it would had the child not been circumcised. The sensitive frenulum would not have been disturbed or moved, and the foreskin remaining would continue to cover and protect a substantial portion of the glans, especially when flaccid, and the glans would appear as uncircumcised. There would be minimal loss of sensitivity or intended protection.

This type circumcision continued throughout the ages and during the time of Christ. The circumcision of Christ would have been this type circumcision as referred to in the bible. Indeed, biblical reference to circumcision is strictly this form of circumcision. It continued into the New Testament. It has been argued that Michelangelo's David should show David as Circumcised. Interestingly, Michelangelo presented David precisely as he should have appeared following an infant "Milah" circumcision. His glans is essentially covered with only the tip of the glans showing.

Changes to the Ritual Circumcision Procedure:
No other feature was added to the religious ritual until about 140 AD when a second step to the ritual circumcision procedure was introduced.

Periah: The laying bare of the glans
After performing "milah", the cutting back of the end of the infant's foreskin, a second step, periah was then performed. Periah consists of tearing and stripping back the remaining inner mucosal lining of the foreskin from the glans and then, by use of a sharp finger nail or implement, removing all of the inner mucosal tissue, including the excising and removal of the frenulum from the underside of the glans. The objective was to insure that no part of the remaining penile skin would rest against the glans corona. If any shreds of the mucosal foreskin tissue remained, or rejoined to the underside of the glans, the child was to be re-circumcised.

This is a much more radical form of circumcision. It was dictated by man, and is not the biblical commanded circumcision rite. [Italics mine] Its introduction has a bizarre history. The rabbinate sought to put an end to the practice of youths desiring to appear uncircumcised by stretching the remainding foreskin for social economic benefits and for sports competitions. By introducing the painful and debilitating "Periah" they would obliterate the foreskin completely such that proper circumcised Jew could not disguise "the seal of the covenant". From this point in Jewish history, the male's glans is directly affected by the circumcision procedure, and the denuded glans and traumatized infant will heal with considerable nerve damage and loss of sensitivity. Again, it is important to note that this is not the Covenant circumcision of Abraham defined in the Bible. [Italics mine]

Metzitzeh: (Mezzizza/Mizizah) The sucking of blood from the wound
During the Talmudic period (500-625 A.D.), a third step was added to the Orthodox circumcision ritual. It was not universally adopted by all Jewish groups, but became a practice of the more Orthodox groups. This third step was called "Metzitzah". During "Metzitzah", the mohel takes the now badly bleeding penis into his mouth and sucks the blood from the wounded pant. This was most probably adopted to collapse the major blood vessels to stem bleeding and to extract any induced bacteria from the wound and blood system. In effect, it often introduced infection, such as tuberculosis and venereal diseases, with very serious and tragic consequence, as reported throughout history. More modern day mohels use a glass tube placed over the infant's penis for suction of the blood when performing metzitzah. In many Jewish ritual circumcisions this step of Metzitzah has been eliminated.

The introduction of Routine Infant Circumcision:
Routine Infant Circumcision was introduced during the late 1800's and throughout the 1900's on the pretext that it offered health and hygiene benefits, would stop the habit of masturbation, and proffered an endless list of presumed cures for a variety of ailments and diseases. As mother's opted to use physicians to give birth in hospitals or clinics, rather than using a midwife for home birth, the practice of routine circumcision of male infants blossomed and became nearly universal.

As one would expect, many of those experienced in the procedure were Jewish physicians and mohels. They taught new physicians to perform the surgical procedure as was practiced by Jewish ritual circumcision procedures. This meant that most infants underwent a fairly radical complete form of circumcision. What was performed was the Jewish "Milah" followed by "Periah", with most if not all of the foreskin being removed and the frenulum either severely damaged or completely removed. This remains the routine infant circumcision procedure to this day. Many males throughout these past decades have suffered the lasting physical, psychological, and sexual dysfunctional consequences of routine circumcision, which they did not choose.

*Mr. Peron is a medical research writer, educator lecturer, and founder of the Childbirth Education Foundation. He has devoted over thirty years researching the subject of routine infant circumcision. He is regarded internationally as an authority on this subject. He has written extensively for major childbirth, childcare, and parenting publications on this and other newborn care and parenting issues.

END

So far as I know Yah does not tell us how much to cut to confirm circumcision, James also told me this and I have read this also somewhere!

One method would be a Shang Ring, though this was not available to me here in Thailand. It would appear to be the safest method for senoirs. I was 58 years old prior to mine. There is a ring to prevent excess bleeding, you may wish to search google for this? Bear in mind Abraham was much older than I!

I hope this helps and you can find the method that suits your husband!

Stewart
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
thanks 1 user thanked Stewart James for this useful post.
Ryan on 4/9/2020(UTC)
Offline Glitch  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 4:49:36 PM(UTC)
Glitch

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I also underwent adult circumcsion as I wanted to participate in Yahowah's celebrations and seek His Covenant. I agree with the other post that the present day amputation of the foreskin is radically different than cutting just a part of the protruding skin and not disturbing the mucosal tissue, as was practiced by the Ancient Hebrews. I specified that my procedure spare the mucosal tissue and the frenulum, removing only some of the extended portion.

The procedure is not taxing on the individual and requires only local anesthetic. Post care is a daily requirement for two weeks or so. In my case, this meant applying antibiotic cream, reapplying a petroleum impregnated wound covering and then adhesive gauze over that. The discoloration can be quite disconcerting but it completely resolves.

The newer techniques involve a type of clamping system that cuts off blood flow to the remaining foreskin, which soon dies off and can be removed without bleeding, as I understand it. I would think that type of procedure could be applied to just the extended portion of the foreskin and could be an excellent option.
thanks 1 user thanked Glitch for this useful post.
Ryan on 4/9/2020(UTC)