logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bgeorge03  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:29:15 PM(UTC)
bgeorge03
India

Is Tithe of OT applicable in NT to christians, since 2 Cor 9:6 says that giving is not under compulsion?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:09:40 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
To start with there is no Old or New Testament. Yahowah has but one Covenant, it is eternal and it is the same for all people in all places and for all time.

The tithe existed to support the lowy/levites because they were choosen to maintain Yahowah's temple and as such were not given any land to work and therefore had no ability to produce food for themseleves. This brings up the point that the tithe was food, and not money.

As for Corrinthians, I'm going to take a guess and say you did not research the origin of this forum very well. This forum is attached to the Yada Yah website which presents the volumes of the Yada Yah book for free to anyone intersted. It also links to other books by Yada, the author, among them the book Questioning Paul. I would highly recomend you read it, because it would clear up your issue here completely and I am sure a lot of others too.

The fact is Paul contradicts God, and often, and while that alone should be enough for us to reject him and everything he wrote, there are far more reasons. Please check it out.
http://questioningpaul.c...he_Truth_About_Paul.Paul
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand