logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline iwanthistruth  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 4:43:08 AM(UTC)
iwanthistruth
United States

Hi, thank you in advance, those who spend their time answering posts on this forum.
I want to learn and read from reliable translations of scripture. How do I go about this? I am on the yadayahweh website and that is how I got here. I was looking up information about Paul. I searched "the truth about paul" on duckduckgo.com and I clicked onto the yadayahweh website. Then I came here. I'm thankful I did. There are many questions I am finding answers to, just by beginning to read through some of the content in this forum and the website that led me to it.
I have so many questions! But I know I need scripture.
Should I learn Hebrew? I want to, but again I don't know how to go about this. Who or what is a reliable source? I want to read, meditate and study scripture. I am afraid of my energy, thought, decision making and what not being founded upon unreliable scripture. What translation is reliable? I know I must be missing something here. I am unable to see what I don't know is there.
Thank you again,
Ana
Offline InHisName  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 11:44:43 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Hi Ana,

There is not a reliable English translation of the Towrah, Prophets and Psalms, the underlying Biblical Hebrew is pretty good, but the translations are all done with religious agendas top of mind.

There is not a reliable English translation of the "New Testament" because the original texts were not maintained AND because of the religious agendas, AND because Paul.

If you specifically want to learn about Paul go to QUESTIONING PAUL .COM. This is the best place to come to an understanding of the falacy of christanity. Religions are constructs of humanity not of Yahowah, you will not find Him in any of religious organization.

If you are searching for God, Yahowah is His name, Then YADA YAH or AN INTRODUCTION TO GOD is where you want to look.

Modern Hebrew is a modified version of Biblical Hebrew, so I wouldn't recommend learning that, it would probably cause more confusion than clarity. But Biblical Hebrew is where you want to search. Yahowah's teaching and guidance is in the Towrah (and prophets and psalms), but the English translations are based on a false understanding of the nature and teaching of Yahowah. To date there is no good full translation of the Towrah. The best we have, and it is good enough, are the translations in YADA YAH and INTRO TO GOD.

Your best bet is to study one of these books (or both). Both provide translations showing the english translationin bold, with the (hebrew words and their expanded english definitions) in parentheses. They also list reference books that will allow you to look up the definitions yourself so you can check the work of the translator. Finally they will provide commentary based on a clearer understanding of Yahowah and his plan.

A helpful tool called e-Sword is available for free download, just beware it is christian based. Use it as a tool, not as a teacher.

Also helpful are the Yada Yah archived audio programs. These can be found in a number of places, I usually go to Yahowah Beryth for these:

Yada Yah Radio on Blog Talk Radio - an active, live, weekly 1.5-2 hour discussion of news topics and overview of translations
Shattering Myths - a daily talk show (no longer produced) with extensive archives
Observations - a semi-weekly conversation about current translation efforts

I hope that helps. There is no quick and easy way to the answers you are looking for. And if you don't find them yourself you won't believe them. To believe them , to own them you will need to verify the translations for yourself (at a minimum). The good news is that the juice is worth the squeeze (so to speak).

Good luck, feel free to ask for help.

Offline Scott In BR  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 3:34:42 PM(UTC)
Scott In BR
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Ana,
I think InHisName has provided great links to information that will help you grow and understand Yah. The radio archives are a great way to learn as you are driving or whenever you have time. Dont give up, there is a ton of life saving information that may be overwhelming at first but it is worth the time invested.

Have fun learning

Offline Glfnaz  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 4:39:55 PM(UTC)
Glfnaz

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Ana, welcome
I encourage you to read http://anintroductiontogod.com/
I downloaded all the chapters and saved the pdf files on my computer. It's a wonderful presentation and very logical. I also suggest you start at the beginning and don't skip ahead. It is a progressive book and you need what is presented in earlier chapter to understand the later chapters. If you have questions, post here. There are many knowlegeable folks here who will be happy to help you.
Offline e_j42  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 9:31:11 AM(UTC)
e_j42
Canada

Hello,
I've just stumbled upon the Introduction to God website yesterday
I read the Intro of ITG but I'm confused as to where to go from there. Do I read the rest of the sections of ITG (His Word, His Name, His Teaching, etc.) or do I start reading Yada Yah? I started reading Dabar- His Word but it is very confusing Confused
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 8:37:38 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Originally Posted by: e_j42 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I read the Intro of ITG but I'm confused as to where to go from there. Do I read the rest of the sections of ITG (His Word, His Name, His Teaching, etc.) or do I start reading Yada Yah? I started reading Dabar- His Word but it is very confusing Confused

Where to go largly depends on where you are coming from. If you are coming from an Athiest/Agnostic position I would highly recommend Yada Yah first. If you are coming out of a religion other than Christianity than I would recommend An Introduction to God. If you left Christianity and are seeking God than I would recommend An Introduction to God. IF you are still a Christian than I would recommend you start with Questioning Paul.

I hope that helps.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline e_j42  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:12:06 PM(UTC)
e_j42
Canada

Originally Posted by: James Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: e_j42 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

Where to go largly depends on where you are coming from. If you are coming from an Athiest/Agnostic position I would highly recommend Yada Yah first. If you are coming out of a religion other than Christianity than I would recommend An Introduction to God. If you left Christianity and are seeking God than I would recommend An Introduction to God. IF you are still a Christian than I would recommend you start with Questioning Paul.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply. I was born into a Muslim family but growing up I never observed the religion properly. I think I skew more towards agnostic, because I'm always in search and verification of Gods true revelation. I read a part of the Bible and thought it to be a load of rubbish. I read the Quran and although I was convinced of it's truth I'm. not so sure anymore.
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:49:34 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I cam from a not very religious family. I was tought basic bible stories and we celebrated christmas, easter etc, but that was the extent. I spent most of my life as an agnostic teatering between theist and athiest. Yada Yah along with Gerald Schroeder's the Science of God convinced me that a God does exist and that He is knowable.

The bible is a load of rubbish. Paul's letters are absolut trash that contradict Yahowah's Word, and the rest is mistranslated to support idiotic religions and control people. This is the reason that coming ot know Yahowah takes effort.

The Quran is just as bad. Read Prophet of Doom to see why you should abandon Islam.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Stewart James  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 2:25:52 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I have found it a joy to come to learn new things from Yada Yah and come to the realisation that religion steers you away from God, not towards Him. I got pretty annoyed to find that religion was man's own creation, using a tool to fool the masses, which is the Bible, man's very own words, not God's and by holding up the bible as God's infallable word has fooled many to believe in a fake through Paul (Sha'uwl)and other Gnostics! I can understand why Yahowah hates religion!

Even the idea of Biblical Hebrew is a nonsensical idea, since the Bible was created circa 300 CE, anything before that time cannot be considered biblical! The Towrah/Torah is often done away with and people call call historical events bilical, when it is clearly not the case. The Towrah pre existed the Bible by some considerable time. Let's be clear, stuff people call Biblical ocurred before the Bible ever existed, so nothing pre New Testament era can be considered Biblical!

Yahowah called his set of instructions and guidance the Towrah, so we should be aware of such mis conceptions. The Bible lauds it over the Torwrah and it is up to us to point out these inconsistencies!

Yada Yah, Questioning Paul, Prophet of doom are all great resources, but for those beginning this journey, there can be no better place in my estimation than An Introduction to God!

Get yourself introduced and see all the commonsense approches that will clear the way for open minded people who genuinely search for the truth!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!