logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Scott In BR  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 3:32:17 PM(UTC)
Scott In BR
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I know this has been discussed before but I need some advice. I am married with three children and we all have come to know the truth and celebrate the seven called assembly’s, we also have walked away from Babylon. My wife still can’t get over setting up a tree during the pagan festival of Christmas. She insists she is not celebrating the holiday but just decorating, I have told her that just by not saying you are celebrating but you are still mimicking what the pagans do. I love my wife and will still try to help but how will this affect me when I have nothing to do with it nor do I help in setting it up but it is in the house I live, in will I be held accountable?

Thanks

Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:31:36 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
When I first stopped celebrating christmas, my wife wsa not completely on board with me. I told her that it was her house as well as mine, and that while I would rather her not put up a tree, I would not stop her. She put it up one year, I did not help, but it ended up bothering her as much as me and she never wanted to do it again.

When it comes to a spouse it can sometimes take time for you to get on the same page, patience is key.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Scott In BR  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 8:12:07 AM(UTC)
Scott In BR
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks James, I Have to be very careful with my wife, she has been pulled in all directions with religion. She was born and raised in Russia which her religion was Putin, Stalin, Lenin..... We have been married for 18 years and 7 years ago she found "Jesus" I was already on my way towards Yahowah via Yada Yah books. I kept my research to myself until she wondered why I stopped talking about religion and she realized every time I heard the name Jesus I would cringe. Over the past 7 years she has come from No religion to Christianity and now the truth. All she has left to dump is the Tree :)
Offline Bubsy  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:13:32 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Pointing out what each of the "Christmas" decorations actually represents might help accelerate the process, including that the tree itself represents the Babylonian sun god's "schlong", complete with balls in anatomically correct proportion. Anything round likely represents the sun. Once she knows what all the winter solstice decorations actually represent, she will probably choose to save the effort in putting them up. I take it she is aware of Yahowah's viewpoint in Yirmayah (Jeremiah) 10:1-5.

“Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the heavens, though the nations are terrified by them.
3 For the practices of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
4 They adorn it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter.
5 Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good.”
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:34:37 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Scott, I started dating my wife a few months before I found Yada Yah. I was at the time agnostic leaning athiest, and she was raised very christian. As we dated the most common topic of conversation was God's word. We slowely grew together as we grew closer to Yahowah. We went from nearly oposite positions to the same point because we both sought and followed Yahowah's Word. I had a little less baggage having not been raised very religious, so I came along a little easier, whereas it was more difficult for her. But even early on I could tell she was of the right mindset, and that given time she would come to it.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand