logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Scott In BR  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 10:12:29 AM(UTC)
Scott In BR
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all,

In Mattanyah 22:39 Yahowsha says "Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself" I remember Yada discussing this on Blog Talk Radio but I can't seem to re find it again.
Does anyone have any insight on this verse because I know if my neighbor was a child rapist I would not love him. Deeper meaning than just Love.

Thanks
Offline Stewart James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:43:14 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
That's an interesting point and after just finishing ITG 3 -04 Prophets, I understand Yahowah does not love everyone, especially those who are not Towrah observant!

If this passage is true - and it sounds a bit iffy, then I am sure that since as I have read Yahowah hates some people, then loving your neighbour as youself sounds wrong! I cannot answer completely, but it's an interesting topic!

What then if you had a raging Muslim next door bending over and calling our his prayers for all to hear 5 times per day?

What if there were an atheist who was constantly ridiculing you and your family?

Some people just cannot be loved and while I cannot speak for Yahowah, I suspect he would not love them! Confused
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:44:19 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I view all of the Geek text as dubious at best, just so you know where I am coming from.

The line love your neighbor as yourself is found only in Mark, who was not an eyewitness to the account. Furthermore none of Mark past the 28th verse of the 12th chapter is extant in any of the 1st through 3rd century manuscripts, and this line occurs in the 31st verse of the 12th chapter.

Since 1 as Stewart pointed out Yahowah hates, and 2 no where in the Towrah or Prophets does Yahowah ever say love your neighbor as yourself. I would put this in the same category as Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, religious additions.

Another reason not to waste time with the Greek text. Too much bable, confusion mixed with truth.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Scott In BR  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:10:48 AM(UTC)
Scott In BR
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The quote is also found in Mattanyah 22:39 as well as in Mark. If it were only found in Mark I would discard it, you may be right James as it would make since for them to insert it as to maybe make Mark more credible. Christians are all about the fake Love they spew. I shared with someone I know about how they inserted the "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone " into John, his responce was " I hope you enjoy the heat where your going "

Thanks Guys
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:28:55 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Scott, I must have missed the Matthew citation, I just did a quick search while I was on the go yesterday. None of Matthew 22 is extant in the early manuscripts, so we cannot say for certain that Yahowsha said this.

That said this is also found in Qara/Leviticus 19:18. Which is at the end of a series of instructions on how we should treat or neighbors and our communities.

Yahowsha may very well have cited this, but rather or not he called it the greatest instruction I would have my doubts.

But the statement love your neighbor as yourself is so misunderstood because of the tendency to view love as simply an emotion. If you look at this statement in context it follows a series of instructions about how to act towards others. When Yahowah speaks of love it concerns actions more so than emotions. In Yahowchanan 14:15, which is extant in both P66 and P75, Yahowsha is quoted as saying if you love me, then observe my instructions. And Yahowah carved in stone in Shemowth/Exodus 20:6 But I will prepare, perform, and deliver unmerited and unfailing mercy, unearned favor, and undeserved kindness to thousands who love Me and who closely observe, carefully examine, revere, and keep My Commandments, instructions, and prescriptions. Love to Yahowah is actions, not words or emotions.

With that in mind loving your neighbor as yourself would mean doing for them what you would do for yourself. It is not loving to let your neighbor continue to believe a religious lie just because they are happy. Loving your neighbor as yourself would mean showing them the error of their ways.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Stewart James  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 11:52:02 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
This is in the same vein as "Love your enemies" I had so often told my friends to be wary of loving Muslims, since they see us as infidels and our God tells us to love them? Really, how does that work? We love them and they kill us? At one time UK TV had protest marches with Muslim extremists holding banners up and shouting "Kill the Infidels" That's us!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Bubsy  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 5:53:05 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
To me, for what it's worth, the "love" in what is translated as "Love thine enemies" simply seems to mean tell them the right path to Yahowah, rather than feel strong favorable affection for them, or pal around with them closely. You can tell them the right path to God, and they may or may not choose to take it. If their enmity is based on a resentment that you have blessings that they don't, a simple invitation to join Yahowah's family might be a welcome remedy. If their hatred and enmity is religiously inspired, then it's probable that nothing is going to change their attitude or way of thinking. In either case, you have done all you can for them.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.