logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stewart James  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 8:08:06 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I came across a "Christian" source that suggests "Jesus" (in other words Yahowsha) only spoke and read Aramaic.

If that were so, and assuming Moses wrote in Hebrew, how was it that their "Jesus" read from the Torah?

This does not seem very likely as Yahowsha came from the Jewish nation. I am not suggesting that Yahowsha did not speak and write in both languages, that is quite likely. After all, did he not live and grow up within a Hebrew community?

Lies abound everywhere and I am trying to focus more on the Torah (Towrah) instructions, which presently come from Yada Yah.

On that note, is there a reliable translation into English of the Ancient Hebrew text? Or is it necessary to persevere with a bible and seek the original Hebrew?

In the resources section on this forum, I found one Torah that I downloaded, it was using "Lord", so I deleted it!

Edited by user Monday, July 17, 2017 12:12:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo's

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline InHisName  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:22:12 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
No, there is not a reliable translated text.

I use e-sword ( http://www.e-sword.net/ ). Which I would call LOGOS lite. I provides a workable platform to work from to study translations yourself. It is free to download, add all the resources you can, many are free.

If you don't at least verify Yada's (and every one else's) translations then you are not going to know the truth, you are going to believe someone else's truth and that is what Yah is trying to get us away from. We need to come to KNOW Yah, not believe in something. I am not saying you have to retranslate everything you read, but verify enough that you are certain of what you read.

christians don't even know who their saviour is, so how can you even consider anything else they say?Glare
thanks 1 user thanked InHisName for this useful post.
Stewart James on 7/19/2017(UTC)
Offline Stewart James  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:13:51 PM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: InHisName Go to Quoted Post
No, there is not a reliable translated text.

I use e-sword ( http://www.e-sword.net/ ). Which I would call LOGOS lite. I provides a workable platform to work from to study translations yourself. It is free to download, add all the resources you can, many are free.

If you don't at least verify Yada's (and every one else's) translations then you are not going to know the truth, you are going to believe someone else's truth and that is what Yah is trying to get us away from. We need to come to KNOW Yah, not believe in something. I am not saying you have to retranslate everything you read, but verify enough that you are certain of what you read.

christians don't even know who their saviour is, so how can you even consider anything else they say?Glare

Thank you kindly for your helpful suggestions, Most certainly I want to verify any translation for myself, but I don't know Hebrew at this point in time!

Would you kindly outline how you set about verifying any translations? I need resources to undertake such a task, but it would appear even lexicons can be misleading according to Yada! I am willing to spend whatever time is needed to complete this task. I have downloaded E-Sword and I presume there must be an add on in Hebrew and this is the reason for your suggestion? Tell me the names of the add ons if you can, that I may also benefit from this resource!

Remember also that I am just about 2 weeks in to being introduced to Yada Yah, so I am very new to this and I have much reading ahead of me. I appreciate your help in these matters, it matters!

I don't quite have the picture just yet of what is termed "The New Testament" and which of the Disciples writings are in the Towrah? Mathew, Mark, Luke and John! Forget about Paul. I understand that falsity! I know that texts have been added and altered and moved over to the "New Testement" from the Towrah, can you (or anyone) clarify how these are shown in the Towrah and identify what has been added or taken away? Is there such information available. There is no sense in even trying to verify translation of added in text!

Thank you so much!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline InHisName  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:19:20 AM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stewart James Go to Quoted Post

Thank you kindly for your helpful suggestions, Most certainly I want to verify any translation for myself, but I don't know Hebrew at this point in time!

Remember also that I am just about 2 weeks in to being introduced to Yada Yah, so I am very new to this and I have much reading ahead of me. I appreciate your help in these matters, it matters!

I don't quite have the picture just yet of what is termed "The New Testament" and which of the Disciples writings are in the Towrah? Mathew, Mark, Luke and John! Forget about Paul. I understand that falsity! I know that texts have been added and altered and moved over to the "New Testement" from the Towrah, can you (or anyone) clarify how these are shown in the Towrah and identify what has been added or taken away? Is there such information available. There is no sense in even trying to verify translation of added in text!

Thank you so much!

There are no "New Testament" writings in the "Old Testament" or "Old Testament" writings in the "New Testament". The "Old Testament" is more properly called the TaNaK, which comes from the 3 parts; Towrah (5 books of Moses , sometimes called Pentateuch), Neviim (Prophets) and Ketuvim (writings). The "New Testament" writings are historical writings from the time of the life of Yahowsha through Paul to Revelations. Very little of these texts are reliable primarily because 1. they were poorly maintained over the centuries and 2. they were heavily edited by Rome to meet Rome's worldview.

Would you kindly outline how you set about verifying any translations? I need resources to undertake such a task, but it would appear even lexicons can be misleading according to Yada! I am willing to spend whatever time is needed to complete this task. I have downloaded E-Sword and I presume there must be an add on in Hebrew and this is the reason for your suggestion? Tell me the names of the add ons if you can, that I may also benefit from this resource!

When you downloaded e-sword it should have prompted you to download resources (books). At this point you can click on the resources tab and download what you want. I would download everything that is free and as much as you can that is not, focusing on dictionaries.

To check translations I have 4 windows open; Bibles - Dictionaries - Commentaries - Journal Notes. In the Bible window choose the Parallel view and pick KJV+ and HOT+ texts. This view allows you to see both texts side by side so you can see translation edits between the original Hebrew text and the translation (missing words etc). The + connotates that the Strongs reference # appears with each word in the text. Click on this # and the Strongs reference will show up in the Dictionary window. Click on another of the indicated Dictionaries for their reference. There are many other free dictionaries online. Check Yada's list and google them.

That is the basics. Hope this helps.
thanks 1 user thanked InHisName for this useful post.
Stewart James on 7/25/2017(UTC)
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:31:23 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)

I came across a "Christian" source that suggests "Jesus" (in other words Yahowsha) only spoke and read Aramaic.

Aramaic is more a dialect of Hebrew than its own language. It's more akin to American English vs British English than it is Italian to Latin.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
thanks 1 user thanked James for this useful post.
Stewart James on 7/26/2017(UTC)