logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Stewart James  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 9:14:21 AM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Sabbath Day and Start Time

Before you read this, please first understand that I had first believed the Bible, so this text is from my own records of what I learned. Embarrasingly there were references to Jesus in my original, but I have cut those out. What remains in my post here is what I have studied from various bibles, but especially the NIV. My comments here are based then on what is termed "The Old Testement"

I post this so you can see where I have been guided with potentially nefarious translation! I have no reliable copy of an English version of the original Torah, so I need some guidance concerning the Sabbath, which I believe is satruday in todays calendar, start of the day appears to me from Moses as the sunrise, since he was taught directly by Yahowah so far as I understand. So please read on with this in mind!

I have understood the Sabbath command and in my heart I truly want to keep the Sabbath day ordained by God himself, timing of the Sabbath day is an important question that has come to me. When does a day begin and end? Does the day begin at sunset, sunrise, or midnight? How can we know? Further, when does the day end?

It is hard enough to first come to a point of belief and faith, but when so many people try to destroy a belieef you worked hard to find, it becomes demoralising!

Have there been changes, even to the Jewish tradition of the days beginning? If so, have they been carried forward - meaning we follow changed times today? If this is so, do we believe that by following the Jews that we have the correct Sabbath and Day? Revelation 2:9 I know your afflictions and your poverty yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Could Hilliel II, the last of the Sanhedrin, have changed the Sabbath command and at the same time change the times of the day under duress of persecution? While the Jews were held in captivity by the Babylonians, could times have changed, or traditions of the Gentiles been adopted? Could the Romans have changed the days beginning and end? All these things are possible!

Daniel 7:25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. - - - .
If I said to you we will meet tomorrow, when is tomorrow? Is it at Sunset or Sunrise? Typically we have all thought of the next day as at sunrise have we not?
As I have the desire for truth I am prepared to change in the light of new truths once conclusively proven. That means individually, or collectively we should all be able to do the same. We need to keep to the instructions in the words of God, not to the traditions or practices of men!

We as human beings tend to interpret things to suit our own need and to curve fit what we think we know to meet our own end. That also applies to what we consider to be truth, often when proven wrong, we continue in what we have first believed whether correct or not, being as stubborn as a donkey at times. I know because I have been there!

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest! (Richard Humpal)

The light of this world came when the sun was made, of this there can be no question or doubt, since no light never came by darkness, even the moonlight is a reflective light of the sun!

You can ask yourself, if perpetual darkness had continued, could you tell when a day begins?

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. Genesis 1:2

Notice that at that time there was perpetual darkness! If darkness had simply continued, would you consider it a day? Obviously not, but a special act had to be done to begin all the days of life!

Genesis 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. (The beginning of the First Day)

Genesis 1:4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. (separated day from night, by creating light on Earth) We as Christians are supposed to separate ourselves as light from the darkness, or come out of this world! How do we do this if we keep the Sabbath at night? This is not a duality with light and truth!

Genesis 1:5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning - the first day. We need to remember that God called the light “day”, so every time day is used in the bible, it means at daytime when there is light, or morning. Since God said light was called day, not night, we need to see where day, light, sunrise and morning is spoken of in scripture.

Notice this - And there was evening (perpetual darkness as there had been until the light came), and there was morning the first day (when the light came). God separated night from day, day is not night, since they were separated, so we cannot say a day begins at evening if the purpose of the light is to separate the day from night.

To put this another way – and you can see there is evening, or darkness and you can see the light, the first day! To say that darkness came first it technically correct, but if there were no light, there would be no first day and the world would have continued in darkness.

Another way to put this is - and there was darkness and there was light, so which begins the day? Is it because one is mentioned before the other, or the special act to bring light? With the overwhelming evidence throughout the bible and in varied translations, personally I have to go with the creation of a day at the coming of light!

The light was the beginning of the day - the light to separate the day from perpetual night or darkness as the darkness as just shown is not day because we see that God had separated it from night. There was perpetual darkness until light came, then as we read, God called it day!

Thus I read that a day begins with the light, since darkness can never begin a day without daylight, why are so many saying the Sabbath begins at night or even? To begin an Annual Sabbath at even or night is a special distinction and special instruction for certain holy days differing from the normal commencement of a weekly Sabbath day!

Genesis 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, so you can see the God separated the day from the night, why are some joining it together when clearly it is seperated?

Genesis 1:16 God made two great lights-the greater light (sun) to govern the day and the lesser light (moon) to govern the night. He also made the stars. This is very clear that the sun governs the day and if the sun governs the day, a day must begin when the sun arrives to govern it!

If the greater light, or sun governs the day, and the Sabbath day is a command, why do we change that to begin at night? A Sabbath day is governed by when the light of the sun comes at the beginning of the day!

And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. Genesis 2:3.
Notice God blessed the seventh day, not the seventh night. This is the same day blessed where the sun is governing it. Remember that the day was made with the introduction of the sun, which governs the day, to separate the light of day from darkness of night! God did not bless the night!

As far as I have found to date, it is only some of the annual Sabbaths, or festivals that are to begin at evening. My study is not quite complete at the time of writing concerning annual Sabbaths. This is commanded as a specific instruction as the start time is different to the weekly Sabbath, so God knew he needed to give different instructions from the regular weekly recurring Sabbath which began at sunrise.

Let’s be clear on this, some of the annual festivals are commanded to start at evening, such as Passover, Unleavened bread and Day of Atonement! I can find no even to even instructions for Pentecost, Feast of Tabernacles, or the Eighth day. The even to even command is to differentiate these particular Festivals as distinct from the 7th Day Sabbath which begins with daylight!

Ask yourself why special and clear instructions need to be given for Annual festivals for the time to begin, if the Israelites were keeping the Sabbath at even, why is there a need for a special instruction from even to even as the Israelites would have been following this even to even practice and no special mention would have been needed, as it would be the norm?

It is clear that in captivity the Israelites and Jews were certainly influenced by those who held them captive. One would suppose that this is to be expected and therefore something to guard against.

Leviticus 23:27"The tenth day of this seventh month is the Day of Atonement. Notice the tenth day!

Leviticus 23:32 From the evening of the ninth day of the month until the following evening you are to observe your Sabbath." This verse is often quoted to show it means the weekly Sabbath, but if you read the passages associated with this, it is talking solely about the Day of Atonement, an annual Sabbath, not the weekly Sabbath.

It says Sabbath (meaning the 10th day of the seventh month), not the weekly Sabbaths. We cannot use this annual Sabbath to show that even to even applies to the weekly Sabbath!

The tenth day of the seventh month is Day of Atonement, why didn’t God just say keep the tenth as a fast? God identified the distinct previous day at even (9th day) as the start to deny yourselves! The denying ourselves begins on the ninth day at even (not the beginning of the 9th day) and ends on the tenth day at even.

Notice this time of affliction is spread over two days as you can clearly see. Even of the 9th day to even of the 10th day, but the 10th day morning is The Day of Atonement, but we deny ourselves starting on the evening of the ninth, so this shows 2 separate days, from even to even!

I hope you understand, this is as clear as day and right before your eyes showing you two separated days, not a single day and is an instruction for evening for each of the two days. This this one passage alone shows when day begins, since it was necessary to mention two separate days, the ninth and the tenth and is shown that this is not just one day beginning at even unto even. This should be exceptionally clear!

Passover/Unleavened Bread is similar, even to even and is an annual Sabbath, not weekly, so specific instructions need to be given to make sure the celebration is observed at even unto even, as the habit was to begin the weekly Sabbath at sunrise!

If you are keeping your weekly Sabbath from evening to evening, then you need to also question Moses and if he was correct or not! Here is further unequivocal proof that the Sabbath day is at sunrise. How have we been blinded to this truth beats me!

God was directly instructing Moses, so quite simply he cannot be wrong! Many scriptures confirm the beginning of a day as follows beginning with Moses!

Exodus 16:4 Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. Clear instructions to the people to go out each day, the beginning of the day when manna would be there! The same day as the sun governs it. Not night, as manna did not come at night.

Day was the beginning of the day or daylight, not night. How would they see to collect manna at night? The manna became visible after the morning dew had lifted! The fact that the Israelites went out in the morning on the Sabbath and there was none, indicated this was the Sabbath day! Since they could not collect manna at night! See below!

Exodus 16:22-23. This is the first mention of “Sabbath”. Moses speaking - He said to them, "This is what the Lord commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the Lord . So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning (which is tomorrow).' " So they saved it until morning, as Moses commanded, and it did not stink or get maggots in it. "Eat it today," Moses said, "because today is a Sabbath to the Lord . You will not find any of it on the ground today.

This is very clear that the day begins at daybreak, daylight or sunrise as when some went to look for manna in the morning, there was none when the morning dew lifted! It does not say eat it this evening, for this evening is the Sabbath. There is no morning dew in the evening! It does not say that “tonight” is the Sabbath of rest to the Lord. It clearly states “today” is a Sabbath to the Lord your God, since they saved their food until morning, or daybreak.

This special act of manna from heaven is a divine act to show exactly when the Sabbath is and has to be during early daylight and therefore is impossible to do at night. Thus here again is very clear evidence for a day beginning at sunrise, or daybreak! Even to even is proven to be completely wrong!

We cannot see very much without light, so why would a day begin when we are getting ready to sleep? After the 6th day of hard work when you are tired, how can you give full attention to the Holy Sabbath day directly after you have finished working? Remember in times past, many worked in the fields and it was hard labour. Far more sensible to sleep first and wake in the morning and be refreshed to keep the Sabbath! Sunrise seems a very logical and biblical start to the day! And there was evening (darkness before anything) and there was morning (light) the first day! Genesis 1:5 God called the light "day," (daylight)

The long day of Joshua also shows that an extended period of daylight was granted so that Joshua could finish the fight against the Amorites.

On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: "O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon." So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a man. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel! Joshua 10:12-14
Only in daylight could they see to complete their war.

For further study, use a PDF bible and search for day, daylight, daybreak, sunrise, dawn, or morning and light (as in first light).
This is just what I have observed with the light of study and truth! The sun rules over the day! It separates the day from night. Don't be led into darkness! Can you see in the dark? Will we observe a Sabbath Day as instructed, or Sabbath night? Will we follow the light of truth, or stumble in the dark? I have found many more passages to support the sunrise begins the day!

More passages to confirm day break or dawn starts a day!

There are so many passages in scripture to confirm this, it simply cannot be ignored. You cannot found any belief system on one or two passages, but simply by weight of evidence from many passages you can see the light of truth! Allowing the bible to interpret itself has been suggested by many, so that is what I am trying to do here and it’s amazing what you can find when you really look and compare more than one or two passages that fit with what you want to believe!

I want to find the truth and know what to believe, even in the face of so much controversy and mis application of scriptures. It is quite astounding how so many are confused, when all it takes is a genuine desire for truth and concerted effort to compare all scriptures without being selective you can find and avoid your own interpretations of what is written. Is it not also amazing that once you have found a truth, there is always someone or some organization ready to knock you to down again? Follow the words of God and you will have truth! No matter what you believe!

When evening shadows fell on the gates of Jerusalem before the Sabbath, I ordered the doors to be shut and not opened until the Sabbath was over. I stationed some of my own men at the gates so that no load could be brought in on the Sabbath day. Nehemiah 13:19

This passage is often used to show the Sabbath begins in the evening, but look carefully in the light of previous passages shown. Especially the manna and Leviticus 23.

When you see the evening shadows fell on the gates of Jerusalem before the Sabbath – this is the evening shadows as night time is coming. Does it not make sense to close the gates in the evening before the Sabbath?

If you close the gates in the morning prior to the start of the Sabbath, it will be too late as those who bring goods to sell in the market will come and prepare at night, before the start of the day! Therefore it is good sense to close the gates in the evening to prevent the market trading during the Sabbath day, this passage does not prove the beginning of the day is at night. It does not say such a thing, the evening shadows are before the Sabbath day at dawn, shown by Moses and the manna!

I live in the countryside here in the north of Thailand, I have seen people who work selling goods at the market. They often begin their preparation at midnight for the next days market. Closing the gates at evening would prevent this!

Genesis 32:24, Judges 19:26 and Joshua 6:15 agree that the days begin at dawn.

Job felt the day began at dawn, Job 3:9, May its morning stars become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn, and Job 7:4.

Songs of Solomon 2:17 and 4:6. Solomon was a very wise man.

In the morning, present yourselves tribe by tribe. Joshua 7:14

So he had the ark of the Lord carried around the city, circling it once. Then the people returned to camp and spent the night there. Joshua got up early the next morning and the priests took up the ark of the Lord . Joshua 6:11-12

When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up-one on one side, one on the other-so that his hands remained steady till sunset. Exodus 17:12

Then when the man, with his concubine and his servant, got up to leave, his father-in-law, the girl's father, said, "Now look, it's almost evening. Spend the night here, the day is nearly over. Stay and enjoy yourself. Early tomorrow morning you can get up and be on your way home." Judges 19:9

I am the seer," Samuel replied. "Go up ahead of me to the high place, for today you are to eat with me, and in the morning I will let you go and will tell you all that is in your heart. 1 Samuel 9:16

They rose about daybreak and Samuel called to Saul on the roof, "Get ready and I will send you on your way." ….1 Samuel 9:26

… and warned him, "My father Saul is looking for a chance to kill you. Be on your guard tomorrow morning, go into hiding and stay there. 1 Samuel 19:2

Saul tried to pin him to the wall with his spear, but David eluded him as Saul drove the spear into the wall. That night David made good his escape. Saul sent men to David's house to watch it and to kill him in the morning. But Michal, David's wife, warned him, "If you don't run for your life tonight, tomorrow you'll be killed." 1 Samuel 19: 10-11.

That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." Genesis 19:33-34.

To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. Isaiah 8:20

Narrowing it all down.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
1/ Believe in God
2/ Believe, trust and follow the word of Yahowah.
3/ Repent of your sins and become baptized.
4/ Keep all the commandments, including the Sabbath Day, they are not nailed to the cross!
5/ Love others forgive them and don’t judge them.
6/ Endlessly search for truth.
7/ Live your life according to the words you have understood directly from the bible.

I trust that you will do your own research and come into the light!

There are more minor passages, but this is more than enough to convince me the correct time as found in the Bible!

Further to this I am involved in a historical research of the history of the Jews, the Torah, Sanhedrin, Pharisees, Sadducees and many things from the Hebrews!

I have already found that there were two Roman calendars in use, the Pharisees kept the morning as the beginning of the day and the Sadducees kept the night. So have we followed the Sadducees instead of the Pharisees? Calendars have changed and Babylonian calendars were lunar, not solar, so a lunar calendar uses the moon and stars, which requires the night. Roman calendars too are confusing the original method of time calculation. We have become set in another way and have forgotten the original time calculations!

It appears that the early Israelites were indeed following the sun and the Law of Moses as instructed by God, which ruled their day in the desert for 40 years. When they were held in captivity, many things changed!

This is an ongoing study, but I find sufficient evidence so far to back up the morning teachings of the start of a day. I remain with an open mind and as always, willing to listen to God’s word!

God bless you with wisdom!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Stewart James  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:12:38 PM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

I would encourage those of you who have experience with seeking out Yahowa's true word to correct any, or all the passages which have come from my NIV Bible! I am not familiar as yet with completing the task of original Hebrew words and meanings.

Certainly it would be advantageous to hear and read Yah's original words instead of the NIV translation.

My research was based on flawed words of men, so it would be very useful to know of any error of meanings in the search for truth!
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease being honest!
Offline Bubsy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:23:55 PM(UTC)
Bubsy
Man

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Here are a couple things that argue for a sundown-to-sundown reckoning of a day:

1. As I recall, sundown was reckoned to be the end of the day. So it isn't so much that the evening BEGINS a day as that sundown ENDS the day (and a new one consequently begins).
2. When Yahowsha fulfilled Passover, he ate the Passover meal with his disciples after sundown. Then before the next sundown he WAS the Passover Lamb, sacrificed on an upright pole, blood of the Lamb smeared on the upright post and horizontal lintel in accordance with the Torah instructions for Passover. A sundown-to-sundown day allowed Yahowsha both to eat the Passover meal and be the Passover lamb on the same day. I have heard Yada speculate that this alone might have been the main reason to reckon a day as sundown-to-sundown.

You do provide an impressive list for reckoning the day to begin with the morning, as man kind of does today, reckoning a day to run from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. If you can reconcile your list with Yahowsha both eating the Passover and BEING the Passover on the ultimate fulfillment of Passover, I think we'll be very close to the truth.
Ha Shem? I'm kind of fond of Ha Shemp, Ha Larry, and Ha Moe myself. And the earlier shorts with Ha Curly.
Offline Stewart James  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:28:06 PM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Originally Posted by: Stewart James Go to Quoted Post
I would encourage those of you who have experience with seeking out Yahowa's true word to correct any, or all the passages which have come from my NIV Bible! I am not familiar as yet with completing the task of original Hebrew words and meanings.

Certainly it would be advantageous to hear and read Yah's original words instead of the NIV translation.

My research was based on flawed words of men, so it would be very useful to know of any error of meanings in the search for truth!

On this very forum while wandering around the many posts here, I came across "Rides With Yah" had posted a link as follows in Twilight Zone, scroll to the bottom to find "James" post "Interesting site" Brick Bible, then 3rd from last "Rides With Yah" has this link.

http://whattheydontteachyouatchurch.com/

There is a section here which by scolling down you can find "When does a day begin" the PDF document here pretty much confirms my studies into the Sabbath and time day begins! As you will see from my orginal post! I confess it is somewhat pleasing to find confirmations of truth found pretty much on your own.

I decided to leave the UCG Church behind me, as they blatantly told me I was wrong, so I told them you are saying God and Moses is wrong! End of story! I just want truth!

So I have found some answers, but would still encourage your comments to this point!
Offline Stewart James  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 12:16:25 PM(UTC)
Stewart James
Man
Thailand

Originally Posted by: Bubsy Go to Quoted Post
Here are a couple things that argue for a sundown-to-sundown reckoning of a day:

1. As I recall, sundown was reckoned to be the end of the day. So it isn't so much that the evening BEGINS a day as that sundown ENDS the day (and a new one consequently begins).
2. When Yahowsha fulfilled Passover, he ate the Passover meal with his disciples after sundown. Then before the next sundown he WAS the Passover Lamb, sacrificed on an upright pole, blood of the Lamb smeared on the upright post and horizontal lintel in accordance with the Torah instructions for Passover. A sundown-to-sundown day allowed Yahowsha both to eat the Passover meal and be the Passover lamb on the same day. I have heard Yada speculate that this alone might have been the main reason to reckon a day as sundown-to-sundown.

You do provide an impressive list for reckoning the day to begin with the morning, as man kind of does today, reckoning a day to run from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. If you can reconcile your list with Yahowsha both eating the Passover and BEING the Passover on the ultimate fulfillment of Passover, I think we'll be very close to the truth.

I understand what yo are saying and it certainly makes sense that sundown ends the day.

I am posting here the other part of my study which refers to Jesus! This was before my education, so don't worry, I know it is Yahowsha!

Just as it was with Jesus Christ, He is, “The Light of the World” who made all that there is, he is "The Word of God" come to earth in the flesh!
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. John 12:46
The first point to observe - and this can be proven by reading your own bible is to understand who Jesus really is and who actually made “All things” as described in John 1:1-3 and in the first chapters of Genesis. This includes who made a day and who speaks of such things!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made, without him nothing was made that has been made. John 1:1-3

He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. John 1: 10
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. John 1:14

Everything was made by “The Word” Jesus Christ, including the Sabbath and the light to separate day from night. So as you can prove, Jesus is “The Word of God”.

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. Revelation 19:13

Read the passage 12,13 and 14, this is talking of Jesus second coming. Irrefutable proof that Jesus IS “The Word”

Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours of daylight? A man who walks by day will not stumble, for he sees by this world's light. It is when he walks by night that he stumbles, for he has no light." John 11:9.

Since you can see that Jesus made everything, including the day, is he not the author of light? So should we believe him because he would know? Yes, of course!

There is a great deal of duality in the bible, where there are comparable meanings in a symbol of it’s meaning. Without light, how can you see your way? Without Jesus who made all that there is, how can you see the truth? Thus Jesus is The Light and The Way!

Further NT passages!

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb. Mark 16: 1-2

At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place….. Luke 4:42 Here we have the break of day, not the break of evening!

Note: This is the first day of the week just after sunrise! The Sabbath was over and it was sunrise, the first day, not first night, sunrise confirms when the day begins! The following passage confirms the same.

On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. Luke 24:1
He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. Luke 4:16

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "today--yes, tonight--before the rooster crows twice you yourself will disown me three times." Mark 14:30 Today and tonight – the same day!

When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, John 6:16 --- The next day the crowd that had stayed on the opposite shore of the lake ….. John 6:22 They came to the lake at evening, so next day is after the evening!

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:4-5

Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going. John 12:35. Are you keeping your Sabbath at night and walking in the dark?

I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. John 12:46. Jesus is the light, not the darkness of evening!

Don’t you ever wonder why Jesus said He is the light of the world? There is such duality in scripture. He made all things, including the light of this world, the day and the Sun, so He is the Light. So why would Jesus bring the light to this world and tell us to keep the Sabbath at night? Since darkness pre existed the light of day, if a Sabbath were to be at night, what use would there be in a day? Does it make sense? Is there any kind of duality in that? Jesus knows and tells us we will stumble at night!

That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon possessed. Mark 1:32 That evening, after sunset, the people brought all the sick, this has nothing to do with the beginning of a day, or Sabbath, it shows Jesus in his compassion healing the sick in the evening. This passages shows Jesus’s works!

They seized Peter and John, and because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day. Acts 4:3. It was evening, so next day is morning at daybreak! That is pretty clear, next day is after night!

During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, "Come over to Macedonia and help us. "After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them. From Troas we put out to sea and sailed straight for Samothrace, and the next day on to Neapolis. Acts 16:9-11

So the soldiers, carrying out their orders, took Paul with them during the night and brought him as far as Antipatris. The next day they let the cavalry go on with him, while they returned to the barracks. Acts 23:31-32

The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Romans 13:12.
Final note: When “Day” “Morning” “Light” “Dawn” “Sunrise” “Daybreak” “Next Day” are spoken of in the bible, it means day time when the light of the sun is present to guide us. Most of the activities of The Israelites can be seen to be happening during daylight hours, with few happening at night time! We must accept that day means day, not night! If not, then we are going against God’s own words!

How much more evidence do you need?
Grow in knowledge, search the Bible for truth and ……

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Ephesians 4:14.

You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 1 Thessalonians 5:5 7
For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 1 Thessalonians 5:7-8 Another clear passage!

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Be very careful, then, how you live-- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Ephesians 5:8-17.

Yes, this even included Paul, but I was still in Christianity at the time of writing!

Anyway, in another post I mentioned that I did not know what to believe from the New Testament, so make of this what you will. Some may be true and some not, you can decide, but you can see the same thread from new to old tstament, which is what I was trying to show!

I see what you are saying with passover and of course passover is a special even to even instruction as mentioned in my first post!

At the end of the day (pun intended) It all boils down to Moses (boil and bake also operative) and how he was directly instructed by God, no man can deny this and I am not willing to either. So far as I can see the Torah is so similar to my bibles in this point!

Everyone has to decide what it truth and for me, this is one point I arrived at with my studies even with a bible in hand!