logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hizikyah  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:24:31 AM(UTC)
Hizikyah

This is my first post here, I read a few threads and realized this is a place I want to share and learn. It may be a bit redundant, as everybody here seems to know the Name of our Creator, however I wanted to link to this video I made anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmLr2DwaD68
Offline Sarah  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:21:43 AM(UTC)
Sarah

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Welcome, welcome!! Glad you are here. There is a lot to learn here.
Offline Hizikyah  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 1:18:20 PM(UTC)
Hizikyah

Tank you for the welcome. I have been trying to go to christians forus and wake them up but most of them fight it. I feel more relaxed here.
Offline Yahowchanan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:06:04 PM(UTC)
Yahowchanan

Wow! I didn't realize this post was a year old, regardless I'll add my two cents to the topic.

It doesn't seem clear to me that His name is "Yahweh". It may very well be "Yahuwah" or rather "Yahowah". It seems like the former (Yahweh) is based off of Greek philosophers, church "fathers", historians, etc. that were inveloped in pagan mysteries and religious practices, thus I am skeptical they passed on the correct pronunciation.

It seems that we should be able to find and understand the correct pronunciation from the Towrah. I've been reading a good bit of material on the subject for the past fews days (and have done so in the past also) and it has been interesting and enlightening. Maybe someone with more information can lay down some detailed reasons to support a specific pronunciation of יהוה?
Offline InHisName  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 7:15:12 PM(UTC)
InHisName

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Welcome Yahowchanan,

I would agree with your conclusion on Father's name.

You can thank all of the religious "fathers", priests and rabbis for losing His name in the first place. And for creating all of the pronunciation confusion with vowel pointing, yiddish and just the fact that the Hebrew died as an active language.

There is no source of pronunciation fact out there. I think Yada has taken the only reasonable approach which is to look at the common words (he actually considered ALL Hebrew words) and let them define how YHWH should be pronounced. Y = long e there is no challenge here; H = ah as in Torah, very little reasonable challenge here; and W = long o as in Torah and shalom, I think he calculated about 95% certainty here. No one can prove that this is the perfect pronunciation, but it can't be proven that it isn't either.

And Father can't blame us for using the wrong pronunciation if it is not correct. But He does care if we don't care how it is pronounced.
Offline Sheree  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 12:53:35 PM(UTC)
Sheree

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
YHWH I write Yahowah and pronounce as its spelled here,,i love his nameWub